ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona St-Michigan Dual Update

Unfortunate, but at least they're salvaging it somewhat and still wrestling a few good matchups

Latest Covid-19 tracking indicates rapid rise and spread of Covid virus in Tarrant County, Texas (Arlington). Implication for University of Iowa vs Oklahoma State University in February? Wheels could fall-off this thing in a hurry.

Latest Covid-19 tracking indicates rapid rise and spread of Covid virus in Tarrant County, Texas (Arlington). Implication for University of Iowa vs Oklahoma State University in February? Wheels could fall-off this thing in a hurry.
Hopefully it spreads now and then gets out of the way so we can wrestle next month. So far this variant has been pretty mild by COVID standards; tons of cases but death rate still staying even or dropping…

i think the opposite. clearly some guys in their lineup tested positive. it would be easy to cancel the whole dual but they’re making the most of it. can’t really do anything about guys with positive tests. sucks, but we still get some good matches.
Agree, like it or not, they can’t just proceed as if nobody tested positive. Disappointing sure, but at least they’re wrestling what they can. Like Nashville said, seems highly contagious but less severe- let’s hope this variant runs its course quickly with minimal impact to events further down the road. We sure as f$&@ don’t want March 2020 again.

Every person on earth will have been exposed to the Omicron variant within the next month.
(Obviously exceptions such as people living in bubbles will exist)

Within 3 weeks the Omicron variant displaced the Delta variant. 97% cases are now Omicron and is FAR less severe than Delta ESPECIALLY for those that have been vaccinated and/or previously infected.

If it continues here the same way it did where it started (South Africa) or Great Britain many many more people will be infected but the number of hospitalizations will stay consistent and fewer on oxygen and ventilators.

If we look at number of infections (actually numbers based on positive tests) that number will be magnitudes higher than Delta, and then extrapolate that to include those that don’t test because they are asymptomatic or the symptoms never get serious enough to get a test, then the numbers are going to look like an endemic type event and that hundreds of millions of Americans will be infected in the next three weeks.

But every day science is proving that the Omicron variant is far more contagious and simultaneously far less severe than Delta.

This may be the variant that gets us back to normal, and we accept it’s risk as being like a cold or flu.

Again, being vaccinated is something that really reduces the severity. Those with comorbitities or other serious health risks “should” get vaccinated for their own protection.

Every person on earth will have been exposed to the Omicron variant within the next month.
(Obviously exceptions such as people living in bubbles will exist)

Within 3 weeks the Omicron variant displaced the Delta variant. 97% cases are now Omicron and is FAR less severe than Delta ESPECIALLY for those that have been vaccinated and/or previously infected.

If it continues here the same way it did where it started (South Africa) or Great Britain many many more people will be infected but the number of hospitalizations will stay consistent and fewer on oxygen and ventilators.

If we look at number of infections (actually numbers based on positive tests) that number will be magnitudes higher than Delta, and then extrapolate that to include those that don’t test because they are asymptomatic or the symptoms never get serious enough to get a test, then the numbers are going to look like an endemic type event and that hundreds of millions of Americans will be infected in the next three weeks.

But every day science is proving that the Omicron variant is far more contagious and simultaneously far less severe than Delta.

This may be the variant that gets us back to normal, and we accept it’s risk as being like a cold or flu.

Again, being vaccinated is something that really reduces the severity. Those with comorbitities or other serious health risks “should” get vaccinated for their own protection.
TY for the information, I am going to assume that you have some background/experience/knowledge on the subject? With that being said. I have seen those who are "Vaccinated" getting this variant at what seems to be a higher rate then those who are non-"vaccinated." This is in confirmed cases of people I know.

They say that the symptoms will be less sever. Honestly, I hope that this is true? I have not seen this yet. I have seen the same basic symptoms between both groups of people. Not here to start a back and forth pissing match!!!!

What I would like to hear, if you have professional knowledge, is what you are seeing? Thanks again.

Amine by tech fall
Just watched that match; Amine looks amazing! I think 184 is wide open this year WRT to the top tier guys (Brooks, Amine, Hidlay). And I'll even throw Keckeisen in the mix since he's only lost twice in the last two years...to Aaron Brooks 3-2 and 6-4. I don't think Brooks is going to be the guy this year...will be really difficult to go back to back with this competition.

i think the opposite. clearly some guys in their lineup tested positive. it would be easy to cancel the whole dual but they’re making the most of it. can’t really do anything about guys with positive tests. sucks, but we still get some good matches.
No one in their lineup tested positive.

Reactions: Gobblin
No one in their lineup tested positive.
This. Completely defies all logic what they made ASU do. I’ve been told by someone who would 100% know these details that some schools test EVERY SINGLE ATHLETE IN EVERY SINGLE SPORT and if a certain percentage of positives are met, they shut everyone down. Make that make sense!

This. Completely defies all logic what they made ASU do. I’ve been told by someone who would 100% know these details that some schools test EVERY SINGLE ATHLETE IN EVERY SINGLE SPORT and if a certain percentage of positives are met, they shut everyone down. Make that make sense!
so, who made them do it? because michigan did not wrestle in masks, so it wasn't flo or the venue/local government. asu's administration? very strange.

The silliness gets sillier. My son gets tested 2 times a week. So far he has tested positive 2 times. They do not test the guys who are vaccinated. So let me ask you, who is spreading the virus? The people who are not vaccinated and quarantined every time they test positive or the people who never get tested at all?

so, who made them do it? because michigan did not wrestle in masks, so it wasn't flo or the venue/local government. asu's administration? very strange.
Whenever you get a bunch of academic people in a position to make a decision that takes either common sense or courage, you can bet the decision will incorporate neither. Crazy times we are living in.

The silliness gets sillier. My son gets tested 2 times a week. So far he has tested positive 2 times. They do not test the guys who are vaccinated. So let me ask you, who is spreading the virus? The people who are not vaccinated and quarantined every time they test positive or the people who never get tested at all?
I’m told that some schools test ALL athletes. Vaccinated or not.

Reactions: js8793
Maricopa County in AZ even though they were wrestling in Austin, TX. And I’m sure ASU admin must’ve stepped in. Absolute madness.
when you say maricopa county do you actually mean the county gov. or just ASU? might have to actually tune into frl to see if they'll spill the beans on what exactly happened.

I’m told that some schools test ALL athletes. Vaccinated or not.
I imagine not all the schools do it the same way. His school only testes unvaccinated. It would be kind of difficult to talk someone into getting vaccinated if they were still going to get tested and then quarantined, etc. There has to be some perks to get kids (who are almost unfazed by the virus) to get a vaccine. Not getting tested and being allowed to enter certain places (restaurants, bars etc) are 2 of the perks to get kids to vaccinate.
I am sure some think it is best for their health and the community, but most do not really seem to care and they just don't want the hassle that goes along with not being vaccinated. (at least the college kids I speak to)

when you say maricopa county do you actually mean the county gov. or just ASU? might have to actually tune into frl to see if they'll spill the beans on what exactly happened.
County government. Not certain what role ASU admin played, but they surely had to be involved.

County government. Not certain what role ASU admin played, but they surely had to be involved.
do you have a source on that or are you speculating? i have a hard time wrapping my head around them having sovereignty in austin, except if they let austin's city gov. know and they stepped in. bizarre situation.

do you have a source on that or are you speculating? i have a hard time wrapping my head around them having sovereignty in austin, except if they let austin's city gov. know and they stepped in. bizarre situation.
Not speculating. It’s a fact. Is there anything easy to wrap your head around regarding any of this nonsense?? Also not speculation, athletes and coaches are beyond fed up with it. If it continues, expect some legal actions to be taken.

Last edited:
Not speculating. It’s a fact. Is their anything easy to wrap your head around regarding any of this nonsense?? Also not speculation, athletes and coaches are beyond fed up with it. If it continues, expect some legal actions to be taken.
man, who hurt you? i'm on your side. relax.

Not speculating. It’s a fact. Is their anything easy to wrap your head around regarding any of this nonsense?? Also not speculation, athletes and coaches are beyond fed up with it. If it continues, expect some legal actions to be taken.

Flo mentioned it on the broadcast last night RE: Maricopa County

Reactions: js8793 and Gobblin
Just watched that match; Amine looks amazing! I think 184 is wide open this year WRT to the top tier guys (Brooks, Amine, Hidlay). And I'll even throw Keckeisen in the mix since he's only lost twice in the last two years...to Aaron Brooks 3-2 and 6-4. I don't think Brooks is going to be the guy this year...will be really difficult to go back to back with this competition.

I think it is Amine all day long.

Reactions: pml_dad
The only thing I can think of is there is a restriction of traveling into the county once you have a positive test? That was definitely a restriction for some places early on with COVID. No idea if or how it might apply here. Complete guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT