ADVERTISEMENT

Drake can't have nice things

DeVries came to Drake with a roster of 3 players on the entire team. He will do fine as he’s been way ahead of the game in the transfer portal. Will be interesting to see what happens to Yesefu moving forward. He’s only 5-10 or so but super explosive and strong. I think he’s over valuing himself but what do I know. Leaving a team that will probably be back in the tournament next year and Drake got a ton of publicity as did he. To each his own.

Reactions: squeezebox
He’s a nice player but I think a lot of people are massively overrating this kid. He was a high volume shooter with a very low fg% towards the end of the season, He only shot 35% in 5 postseason games, making 34 shots on a whopping 96 attempts vs all mid-major competition except for USC, and he doesn’t pass the ball at all, only 1.8 Assists per game when he has a massive usage rate in routinely chucking up 20+ shots? That’s not a recipe for winning basketball. So a 6’0 rail thin low % high volume shooter? Seems like a decent guy off the bench in the B1G, not anything close to a superstar unless his outside shooting takes a huge leap forward. You take out his two huge scoring games against a horrid Evansville team and he only shot 41% from the field and 34% from 3 this season in a terrible conference, which was very similar to who he was last year...
If this is rail thin, I would like to be rail thin as well please
J6OMBXSRSBHIXDMSR3DQNMMJH4.jpg

Reactions: BBHawk
It's really sad and I feel bad for DeVries....Drake would have been a great story next year. They are building something there and had t he pieces in place. Hope they do well next year.
Drake will be loaded next year. If this is their only loss, and Tucker coming in, they will absollutely be right there. In fact the MVC is going to be one strong conference in general. It should be a multi-bid league.

To each their own and I am just trying to get perspective but why is this awesome?

As a high school coach, I am mad/ sad when we lose kids to other programs in any sport. This has to be incredibly difficult for coaches in college to keep up with.

Let’s be real after four years we are more than ready to get rid of these underachievers, this way you can turn the roster over almost every year, that would be awesome. Never get sick of the players.

If this is rail thin, I would like to be rail thin as well please
J6OMBXSRSBHIXDMSR3DQNMMJH4.jpg
Exactly. And I think he was a marked man in the postseason so he would have had a lower percentage. But he was money when they needed points. Put him on a team where he's not the #1 option and he'll kick butt.

ChiDoc must not have seen his dunk against Wichita State. Guy has over a 40' vertical. Not even close to rail thin. Pay attention dude.

Reactions: BBHawk
He may have a quicker first step to the hole than Touissant, but can also shoot from outside. He put up volume in terms of numbers of shots, because Drake needed him to do that after losing their #1 and #2 scorers. As a Drake grad, this is equally as devastating as losing Robbins last year. Damn, the Bulldogs could really have been an excellent team if Robbins had been there.

If I read correctly, there are 4500 or so players playing D1 bball. We are currently over 1000 in the portal, possibly ending up over 1500. That would be 1/3 of all players.
Yep, and a lot of these guys are having a hard time finding a new team. For some of these players their warts may now be exposed as college players. Especially the guys who aren't playing much. I think in a couple of years this will slow back down as many of these guys are left without a chair when the music stops....

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT