ADVERTISEMENT

Artificial Intelligence in use

Hawk_4shur

HR Legend
Jan 2, 2009
So, I went to see my doctor yesterday for a check-up. Her clinic is test-driving an AI system for patient records.

Instead of spending the entire session typing, the AI "listens" to the conversation. It doesn't simply record the conversation, it digests it and provides a comprehensive summary write-up of the session in an appropriate patient record form. Small talk is filtered out. She was able to spend her time looking at me and listening vs. typing.

Of course, the doctor has to review it, but she says she spends about 10% of the time on post-session patient records as she did before.

I'm sure others have seen this, but it's new to me. I'm sure that soon, if not already, it will be available for lawyers, CPA's consultants - anyone that meets with co-workers or clients where information is exchanged and the conversation needs to be memorialized completely and accurately.

What say you GAIOT? A big step forward in useful tech? Or, just another example of humans being replaced by AI?

So, I went to see my doctor yesterday for a check-up. Her clinic is test-driving an AI system for patient records.

Instead of spending the entire session typing, the AI "listens" to the conversation. It doesn't simply record the conversation, it digests it and provides a comprehensive summary write-up of the session in an appropriate patient record form. Small talk is filtered out. She was able to spend her time looking at me and listening vs. typing.

Of course, the doctor has to review it, but she says she spends about 10% of the time on post-session patient records as she did before.

I'm sure others have seen this, but it's new to me. I'm sure that soon, if not already, it will be available for lawyers, CPA's consultants - anyone that meets with co-workers or clients where information is exchanged and the conversation needs to be memorialized completely and accurately.

What say you GAIOT? A big step forward in useful tech? Or, just another example of humans being replaced by AI?
Put me in the cautiously optimistic camp.

I have had a few experiences where I represent my company on a Zoom call and the client uses an AI extension on Zoom/Teams to transcribe the call. It sends an email about 5 minutes prior to call starting saying you will be recorded and by joining the call, you accept this. The issue of course is terms verbalized can easily be misconstrued and any record should not be thought of as binding. That has started a discussion of policy and believe we are going to get something that says if I receive one of those emails to inform the client I cannot join their call.

• Wow
Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Put me in the cautiously optimistic camp.

I have had a few experiences where I represent my company on a Zoom call and the client uses an AI extension on Zoom/Teams to transcribe the call. It sends an email about 5 minutes prior to call starting saying you will be recorded and by joining the call, you accept this. The issue of course is terms verbalized can easily be misconstrued and any record should not be thought of as binding. That has started a discussion of policy and believe we are going to get something that says if I receive one of those emails to inform the client I cannot join their call.
I think you are right. It's one thing to say something in a conversation with a customer and yet another for everything said to be legally binding.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT