ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Cheney at Drake/Knapp Center tonight….

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
I would estimate 5000+ to hear her speak tonight. Low keyed “conversation” format. Pretty much what one would expect.

She argued that the nation you will always survive political disagreements but it will never survive 4 more years of Trump “trashing” the Constitution.

She feels it is important that Trump be tried for his part in January 6th insurrection….Trump has “all the information the committee ands prosecutors have” and he knows how embarrassing this evidence will be to him once he goes to trial….he’ll will not be able to withstand the embarrassment it will cause him..

She believes the Republicans made a grave tactical error walking away from the “immigration deal” bartered by the Senate a couple of weeks ago. Now the Republicans have no real advantage over Dems regarding immigration as they refused to agree to what they have demanded the past year.

The good folks (Republicans) of Wyoming screwed up by allowing her to be “primaried” out of office.

She believes the Republicans made a grave tactical error walking away from the “immigration deal” bartered by the Senate a couple of weeks ago. Now the Republicans have no real advantage over Dems regarding immigration as they refused to agree to what they have demanded the past year.

You forget we're dealing with MAGA. That is going to change a very small percentage of people away from Trump, who were going to vote for him regardless

I would estimate 5000+ to hear her speak tonight. Low keyed “conversation” format. Pretty much what one would expect.

She argued that the nation you will always survive political disagreements but it will never survive 4 more years of Trump “trashing” the Constitution.

She feels it is important that Trump be tried for his part in January 6th insurrection….Trump has “all the information the committee ands prosecutors have” and he knows how embarrassing this evidence will be to him once he goes to trial….he’ll will not be able to withstand the embarrassment it will cause him..

The good folks (Republicans) of Wyoming screwed up by allowing her to be “primaried” out of office.
I wouldn't watch her if she was sitting in my backyard.

She's a liar and a no talent grifter.

Lying about what? By making an accusation like that you certainly must have documented examples. Please provide some!

Liz Cheney knows a thing or two about lying​

The GOP hawk may lose her leadership today, but her bloody record on war and torture should have disqualified her years ago.​

I’d put a Cheney/ Manchin sign in my yard tomorrow if that happened.
team america vomit GIF

This is what Joel has said about Liz Cheney in the past:

Watching her last Sunday on MTP.......this gal is a chip off the old block, on steroids.
Methinks she is bat-shit crazy. I am sure she will be a Presidential candidate in the next 10 years.
Wow!

Liz Cheney can hardly be a poster boy for correctness.

Eff Liz Cheney! Who said her shit doesn’t stink? I am sorry...Liz is a piece of work herself.

Reactions: IBHAWK

Doing her Hillary impersonation tour?

When not obligated to defend Trumpism she is a different person.
She is not my cup of tea but she deserves a listen. Her “conservatism” is more Goldwater than MAGA. As one ages, that view is comforting.

You're an opportunist. You trashed her on here repeatedly but now you find her useful.

You're an opportunist. You trashed her on here repeatedly but now you find her useful.
Opportunist?
I listened to her last night. She said nothing I found surprising. I agree with her regarding her opinion on Trump/ the BIG Lie and what she said regarding immigration and the border. I admire her courage to speak what she sees as the truth regarding the events of 1/6. What she says agrees with what I observed that day on television. She is quite sure Trump will not stand up they a trial on his attempts to disrupt the orderly function of government. She knows the evidence at hand…as dies Trump. In a court of law, Trump is going to have very difficult time showing he did not conspire against the United States. So if that makes me “an opportunist” so be it, Nirthern. I do believe that President Trump is a despicable human being who knowingly lied about the 2020 election results.

Opportunist?
I listened to her last night. She said nothing I found surprising. I agree with her regarding her opinion on Trump/ the BIG Lie and what she said regarding immigration and the border. I admire her courage to speak what she sees as the truth regarding the events of 1/6. What she says agrees with what I observed that day on television. She is quite sure Trump will not stand up they a trial on his attempts to disrupt the orderly function of government. She knows the evidence at hand…as dies Trump. In a court of law, Trump is going to have very difficult time showing he did not conspire against the United States. So if that makes me “an opportunist” so be it, Nirthern. I do believe that President Trump is a despicable human being who knowingly lied about the 2020 election results.

Eff Liz Cheney! Who said her shit doesn’t stink? I am sorry...Liz is a piece of work herself.

She's a DINO. Extinct in the MAGA party. Way too much integrity to survive as a modern day republican

Why?,.. might as well attempt to hike to Mars..
Because if she truly doesn’t want Trump in office, running for POTUS would take votes away from Trump and it would balance the third party candidates somewhat.

You called Liz Cheney "bat-shit crazy" and a "piece of work" and now you're invoking context?
So Northerrn….you have quoted me…..now what was the context I was referring to here? THAT makes a difference. Politically I dont agree with her much….however, ethically and courage-wise, she has my respect 100%……..and occasionally, I agree with her politically.
So….what was I referring to in your quote of me?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Northern, you must really hate Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio for them changing their opinion, too. They said some pretty ugly things about Trump, but now they worship him. Hypocritical?

Reactions: mattymoknows
Because if she truly doesn’t want Trump in office, running for POTUS would take votes away from Trump and it would balance the third party candidates somewhat.

I strongly suspect that a Liz Chaney run would hurt Biden more than Trump...

How does one not understand it is actually possible to vehemently disagree with someone politically on many (or most) issues, yet still respect them for standing tall when the times call for someone with principles and a backbone?

I wouldn’t vote for Cheney, but I respect the hell out of her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT