ADVERTISEMENT

ATM Surcharge Class Action Settlement

Gonolz

HR Legend
Aug 6, 2002
I got an email that I will be paid on a class action settlement about ATM surcharges. I did sign up for a claim and it mentions my full legal name. It came from a weird email address and says I will be getting an email from another weird email address to get my reward via direct deposit, venmo, Paypal, etc. I'll wait for the next email to see if I think it is for sure legit, but the two weird email addresses (mail.abdata.digitaltorana.com and rewards@reward.tremendous.com) check out to a claims administrator and a payment processor.

Did anyone else get the email? Am I going to party on Big Bank's dime or is there a Nigerian somewhere who will be partying on all my money that he steals?

I got an email that I will be paid on a class action settlement about ATM surcharges. I did sign up for a claim and it mentions my full legal name. It came from a weird email address and says I will be getting an email from another weird email address to get my reward via direct deposit, venmo, Paypal, etc. I'll wait for the next email to see if I think it is for sure legit, but the two weird email addresses (mail.abdata.digitaltorana.com and rewards@reward.tremendous.com) check out to a claims administrator and a payment processor.

Did anyone else get the email? Am I going to party on Big Bank's dime or is there a Nigerian somewhere who will be partying on all my money that he steals?

Check the Court Administrator website for that Court or on the Plaintiff’s counsel website. They usually have the actual class action settlement links posted.

If you didn't input your PayPal etc while filling out the class action dont they just send you a check? I can't imagine they are hunting down people's venmos and paypals manually.

I always sign up for those claim action settlements, I've received hundreds of dollars over the years :)

a few of the largest was apple & contact lenses lawsuits

Next up should be a class action suit against convenience fees, especially the ones tacked on after you are 90 percent of the way through the transaction. I’m billed a fee to do everything on line, which saves the provider money, and I get no reward?

Reactions: ThorneStockton
If you didn't input your PayPal etc while filling out the class action dont they just send you a check? I can't imagine they are hunting down people's venmos and paypals manually.

Apparently you have to declare a payment option. Looks like getting a check is the biggest PIA.

Reactions: Moral
Seems Legit Martin Freeman GIF

My favorite class action was the hot tamales and Mike &Ike class action.

I signed up and sure enough, 6 big boxes of free candy.

Your phone and computer now have the AIDS. Ts & Ps.

Some do. Not every bank charges a fee just the majority will.
If you don’t want to incur an ATM surcharge then don’t withdraw money from an ATM that isn’t owned by your bank.

I hate banks and their horseshit fees as much as the next guy, but this is really kind of a simple concept.

If you don’t want to incur an ATM surcharge then don’t withdraw money from an ATM that isn’t owned by your bank.

I hate banks and their horseshit fees as much as the next guy, but this is really kind of a simple concept.
Sometimes you might not have a choice depending on where you are if you need cash. Charging me $3 to take out $30 is ****ing stupid.

My Schwab checking account reimburses me any ATM fees I incur.

I've probably saved a few hundred dollars with Schwab checking over the years. Not my main checking, I just have a few hundred allocated there from every paycheck, and use it for my travel/cash/ATM account.

Class action suit about ATMs? so weird. I did ATM with OP's Mom in a movie Called "Ass Action". Small world.

I seem to recall a recent class action offering those payment outputs, but I can’t recall what it was for. I think the Facebook one about selling data?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT