ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Ash Appreciation Tread

Rather than bank the scholarship he chose to reward ash with a scholarship for his hard work & dedication as part of the scout team...this isn’t unprecedented as Riley Till also was put on scholarship for a short time.

If your done recruiting for 21-22 & you have an unused scholarship in your pocket I’m all for rewarding ash with a one year scholarship. When he announced he was entering the portal his teammates sung his praise for being instrumental in helping them prepare for their opponents.

If JW decides not to return that would give Fran another scholarship he could use for next season correct? Good chance Fran has a good idea what JW has in mind so we possibly could be in for a surprise yet....if not am good with who we have & looking forward to watching them develop as the season progresses & seeing if they earn a spot to be part of “March Madness”.

. I'm sorry but Bohannon and Connor are role players with major holes in their games. Not guys thay should get more than 15mpg.
School record holder in career 3-pointers made (364), games played (143), assists (639), and free throw percentage (.887, 290-327).
Quite the role player!

Reactions: BBHawk
Saw a nice interview with Austin the other day. He talked about a lot of the issues surrounding the Hawkeyes (CJ not included) and told a story about how he beat Trae Young (of Oklahoma and Atlanta Hawk fame) in a three point shooting contest at an AAU tournament years ago. He especially thought it funny when they announced all of the schools the two were considering and they ran off a list of blue bloods for Young and then stated that Austin was "undecided."

Saw a nice interview with Austin the other day. He talked about a lot of the issues surrounding the Hawkeyes (CJ not included) and told a story about how he beat Trae Young (of Oklahoma and Atlanta Hawk fame) in a three point shooting contest at an AAU tournament years ago. He especially thought it funny when they announced all of the schools the two were considering and they ran off a list of blue bloods for Young and then stated that Austin was "undecided."
And the preseason record was also pretty spectacular. Seems like injuries caught a lot of B1G teams at the end.

I see Ash has officially entered the transfer portal. Good luck on the new adventure and thanks for being a great teammate while at iowa. I honestly wonder how much he helped Garza improve throughout his career as they used to sneak into the gym together late at night. Also congrats on being the best 3 point shooter on the team!
DontTreadOnMeColor_1024x1024.jpg

Sorry. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT