ADVERTISEMENT

Average IQ by state, some may surprise

Missouri higher IQ than NY.

5m6op9.jpg

Really, because I see New Mexico, Hawaii, & California at 46, 47, & 48.
Yeah, okay, I wasn’t trying to be technical with “round out” by each state. My point was the bulk of the bottom 40-50 are traditional southern rednecks.

I’m sure it was obvious to most I wasn’t trying to be scientific in my approach of the data.

But, yes, you are correct and I stand corrected. Good job. 👍

Reactions: Jan Itor
The data doesn't mean anything unless everyone takes an IQ test. Schools don't give IQ tests unless they are trying to get special services for a student. Seems to me that might cause IQ averages to be lower than reality.

Georgia's not in the bottom 10, and Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Hawaii and California are all ranked lower than Tennessee and Arkansas.

You must reside in one of the low IQ states.
🙄

You guys are so right.

I’m originally from Iowa and a byproduct of the public education system there.

Yeah, okay, I wasn’t trying to be technical with “round out” by each state. My point was the bulk of the bottom 40-50 are traditional southern rednecks.

I’m sure it was obvious to most I wasn’t trying to be scientific in my approach of the data.

But, yes, you are correct and I stand corrected. Good job. 👍

Here's the bottom half. I count 12 of 25 states that aren't considered "traditional southern." Man, you suck at this.

26New York100.7
27Michigan100.5
28Delaware100.4
29North Carolina100.2
30Texas100
31Illinois99.9
32Maryland99.7
33Rhode Island99.5
34Kentucky99.4
35Oklahoma99.3
36Alaska99
37West Virginia98.7
38Florida98.4
39South Carolina98.4
40Georgia98
41Tennessee97.7
42Arkansas97.5
43Arizona97.4
44Nevada96.5
45Alabama95.7
46New Mexico95.7
47Hawaii95.6
48California95.5
49Louisiana95.3
50Mississippi94.2

And New Mexico and Hawaii?
I was surprised by both. A little.

I’m not really taking the data too seriously, though, which is why I threw out a toss-off response throwing shade at traditional southern states.

Apparently, a couple posters are from Georgia, because they seem a little annoyed I included them in the “bottom ten” when Georgia is proudly sitting at 40. Lol.

Here's the bottom half. I count 12 of 25 states that aren't considered "traditional southern." Man, you suck at this.

26New York100.7
27Michigan100.5
28Delaware100.4
29North Carolina100.2
30Texas100
31Illinois99.9
32Maryland99.7
33Rhode Island99.5
34Kentucky99.4
35Oklahoma99.3
36Alaska99
37West Virginia98.7
38Florida98.4
39South Carolina98.4
40Georgia98
41Tennessee97.7
42Arkansas97.5
43Arizona97.4
44Nevada96.5
45Alabama95.7
46New Mexico95.7
47Hawaii95.6
48California95.5
49Louisiana95.3
50Mississippi94.2
You seem a little butthurt. Ya might be taking this a little too seriously. Lol.

Btw, what states do you consider traditional southern states? Because from 26-50, I’m seeing North Carolina, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

Other than Virginia, which states from the 11 seceding Confederate states are missing?

Last edited:
🙄

You guys are so right.

I’m originally from Iowa and a byproduct of the public education system there.
The educational system in Iowa does not resemble what it once was. Neither do the demographics. Robert Ray, a Republican, brought in Vietnamese refugees into Iowa. We have now passed a law that makes it a felony for illegal aliens to enter the state. Period.

The educational system in Iowa does not resemble what it once was. Neither do the demographics. Robert Ray, a Republican, brought in Vietnamese refugees into Iowa. We have now passed a law that makes it a felony for illegal aliens to enter the state. Period.
Robert Ray was a great governor. Beloved by both my parents.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Robert Ray was a great governor. Beloved by both my parents.
He wouldn't even be considered a Republican these days. I used to hate Reagan when I was a kid. Watching the old CNN specials on him and his cabinet and what he did for the US, I was like, fk, the worst he did was better than both the bozos running in November. If these loons were there in the 80's, USSR and the US would have nuked each other.

FWIW, accepting the data as is and weighting it by electoral votes, the upcoming election looks just about the same in terms of closeness, if we elected based on state population-weighted IQs.

I would be very curious to see the IQ trending of Iowa. Or even a comparison of people over the age of 35/40 versus under. Iowa is only a few decades removed from having one of the best educational systems in the country. It’s disgusting how quickly it has declined.

With reading & literacy included, states with high ESL populations will always lag lower than they should.

It would be very interesting to see the results if they are able to control for that somehow.

I would be very curious to see the IQ trending of Iowa. Or even a comparison of people over the age of 35/40 versus under. Iowa is only a few decades removed from having one of the best educational systems in the country. It’s disgusting how quickly it has declined.
Seeing how many people in this state have gone full MAGA, I'm convinced that I'm propping Iowa's average.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT