ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Football is BACK! 9 (8+1) Games in 9 Week Window w/ Oct 23/24 Start Date, which is Crucial w/ Dec 19 B1G Title Game & CFP Teams Revealed Dec 20

Could be the first time in 16 years they don't lose 4 or more games. However I could easily still see them do it especially with what Dochterman tweeted about cross overs if he's right they'd get OSU and PSU.
4 losses for sure for Little Debbie would be:
Iowa
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Penn State

And who would they beat?
Purdue & Brohm hate them after Frost's comments a couple years ago
Minny?
N'western gives them Fitz (pun intended) every year

Illinois? Their one win?

1-7 before the final weekend sounds about right ;)

For that 9th game you def do not want to be playing Rutgers. Would you tune in to watch Nebraska versus Rutgers on week 9? The bottom in the west has to be Illinois or Nebraska I would think, unless Northwestern picks up sucking where they left off in 2019.

Debbie will definitely be playing Rutgers. ;)

I know he's a Buckeye, but he's pretty good w/ the come backs.

@BlackNGoldBleeder

Lol. Why you tag me?

My opinion is people need to grow up. Trump is the POTUS. If he can be helpful, then great! As far as politics are concerned, I will do my civic duty and vote. After that, I will get up in the morning and go to work and go about my life. That's the extent of it for me.

Lol. Why you tag me?

My opinion is people need to grow up. Trump is the POTUS. If he can be helpful, then great! As far as politics are concerned, I will do my civic duty and vote. After that, I will get up in the morning and go to work and go about my life. That's the extent of it for me.
I agree. If anyone can help in acquiring these rapid tests, you take the help so you can do the daily tests and complete the season.

I just don't get all of this cancel culture crap.

Even if it's a rematch? Who gets home games?

The 9th game will be:
#1 East vs #2 West (for B1G Title)
#2 East vs #2 West (unless they played in reg season)
and so forth

Summary of the 2020 Schedule:
Oct 23/24 Start Date.

6 division games
2 cross over games
1 game during B1G Championship Weekend (all 14 teams are playing)
9 total games

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
4 losses for sure for Little Debbie would be:
Iowa
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Penn State

And who would they beat?
Purdue & Brohm hate them after Frost's comments a couple years ago
Minny?
N'western gives them Fitz (pun intended) every year

Illinois? Their one win?

1-7 before the final weekend sounds about right ;)
Illinois is no gimme anymore. Hell, they should have beat Nebraska handily last season.

What Lovie Smith has done is kinda impressive, given where that program was just 2 seasons ago.

Here is why the B1G thinks it can get 9 games completed in 9 weeks.

Northwestern Dir of Spts Medicine Jeff Mjaanes says antigen testing is so good, it can “detect a level of virus thought to be below the level of infectivity.” So positive cases can be identified and isolated before a player is contagious. HUGE....

I get the premise of early detections to limit the spread.... But if you are detecting the virus at a level that isn't infectious, aren't you going to drive up the "positive cases". More players sitting 3 weeks and moving teams closer to the percentage that shuts them down for 7+ days?

Will be interesting how sensitive this test is. Will teams that have have very few cases with their current testing suddenly jump in a couple weeks when they start these new tests?

Trump taken credit for the resumption, yet? Cause we know he will.

Pretty sure he did already...and he did offer all the testing that could help the season resume.

Who knows if that actually moved the needle for their decision. Guessing the B1G would deny that it did

Lol. Why you tag me?

It’s like grant cardone said... one side says you need them to get what you want, the other says you need them to get what you want... if you’re relying on the government or state to succeed or get you what you need, you lose.... sorry OT .. just agreed with everything you said and wanted to add to it

21 day minimum is stupid.
The strange thing is that indeed the wisest move by a player on 9'16 with a 10?24 start date and a 21 day positive test ban may be to test positive ASAP.

A 21 day ban when you test positive is harsh given a 9 week season.

But not sure I would play games w/ this virus and try to get it.

I am not surprised some players have said F it, and have opted out

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Alvarez said that the seed matchups could be flexible if needed to avoid rematches (other than #1 vs #1, of course).
So basically we'll be playing osu twice....

Yeah, the opponent for game #9 will be determined after Dec 12's games are played.

See Scott's tweet; it's unlikely we play tOSU in a crossover game.

Our 9 game schedule, therefore, appears to be:

1. Wisconsin
2. Minnesota
3. Debbie
4. Illinois
5. Purdue
6. Northwestern

7. Penn State (likely, AWAY)
8. Michigan State (likely, HOME)

9. Dec 18/19 B1G Title Game weekend: Opponent from EAST DIVISION, to be determined

How game #9 will work:
.....# 1 East vs #1 West for B1G CHAMPIONSHIP
.....# 2 East vs #2 West (unless those 2 teams played in regular season)
.....and so on....

Last edited:
Reactions: H4wkfan4life
The 9th game will be:
#1 East vs #2 West (for B1G Title)
#2 East vs #2 West (unless they played in reg season)
and so forth

Summary of the 2020 Schedule:
Oct 23/24 Start Date.

6 division games
2 cross over games
1 game during B1G Championship Weekend (all 14 teams are playing)
9 total games

Could be some cold ass college foot
Yeah, the opponent for game #9 will be determined after Dec 12's games are played.

Wisconsin
Minnesota
Debbie
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern
Penn State (likely, AWAY)
Michigan State (likely, HOME)

Opponent from EAST DIVISION, to be determined, for Dec 18/19 weekend

I guess it would make sense to save that game for Indy :)

Reactions: Franisdaman
Illinois
@NW
Purdue
Nebraska
@ Minnesota
Penn State
@OSU
@Wisconsin

1. Wisconsin
2. Minnesota
3. Debbie (their AD pushing for Black Friday)
4. Illinois
5. Purdue
6. Northwestern

7. Penn State (likely, AWAY)
8. Michigan State (likely, HOME)

9. Dec 18/19 B1G Title Game weekend: Opponent from EAST DIVISION, to be determined

How game #9 will work:
.....# 1 East vs #1 West for B1G CHAMPIONSHIP
.....# 2 East vs #2 West (unless those 2 teams played in regular season)
.....and so on....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT