ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Football is BACK! 9 (8+1) Games in 9 Week Window w/ Oct 23/24 Start Date, which is Crucial w/ Dec 19 B1G Title Game & CFP Teams Revealed Dec 20

Northwestern Dir of Spts Medicine Jeff Mjaanes says antigen testing is so good, it can “detect a level of virus thought to be below the level of infectivity.” So positive cases can be identified and isolated before a player is contagious. HUGE....

I get the premise of early detections to limit the spread.... But if you are detecting the virus at a level that isn't infectious, aren't you going to drive up the "positive cases". More players sitting 3 weeks and moving teams closer to the percentage that shuts them down for 7+ days?

Will be interesting how sensitive this test is. Will teams that have have very few cases with their current testing suddenly jump in a couple weeks when they start these new tests?

Neither the antigen test or the PCR confirmatory test are assured of confirming active virus vs non infectious virus/virus genetic material.

A 21 day ban when you test positive is harsh given a 9 week season.

But not sure I would play games w/ this virus and try to get it.

I am not surprised some players have said F it, and have opted out

YOu certainly wouldn't play games and try and get the virus if you were 80. But if you were 20 and wanted to be eligible for all games you might.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT