ADVERTISEMENT

B1G News...Beilein to the Cavs.

In a way, I hate to see him go. He's my favorite B1G coach. Always the epitome of class. I would just say, "Be careful what you wish for, John"

I've always been a big fan too, going back to those Pittsnoggle West Virginia teams. I saw this morning that Mike Gansey is the assistant GM of the Cavs, he was a starer under Beilein at West Virginia so that probably helped in pushing him to finally make the leap.

Yeah no chance. I’m a TWolves fan who has seen the “Kevin Love is our best player” show and it’s not a good one.

The good news is that they’ve got a high pick and Colin Sexton looks like he’s going to be a really solid player. Good point made earlier about Beilein’s player development ability. The Cavs will need it

Yeah, any team counting on Kevin Love to be their best player is in for some bad news.

I know Crean just landed at Georgia and has some nice recruits coming in...but wonder if he would bolt if given the chance.

He’s from the state. Could hang out w his nut job bro-in-law too.

Cause Michigan's administration was asleep while he coached at Indiana?

I would guess a high number of name coaches are blowing the dust off their resumes in the hopes of getting an opportunity to interview at Michigan.

Cause Michigan's administration was asleep while he coached at Indiana?

Just connecting some geographical dots and his experience in the league. Yes, he was underwhelming at IU for sure.

But Michigan probably in a desperate situation with this timing.

I wonder if Freddie would bolt Lincoln for a chance at coaching the Wolverines?

giphy.gif

Yes cannot really think of a downside for JB. If he is successful only more professional success and he can determine how long. If he struggles and gets fired he probably has guaranteed money and he retires. Win win IMO!

Last edited:
Michigan will aim their sights on Brad Stevens, Chris Beard and Billy Donavan. Most likely Stevens or Donavan as they would be more likely than Beard to want to leave their current gigs.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. The guy is 66. According to the prevailing logic I've seen around here the last month or so, he is therefore not a good coach or human in general.

Reactions: onionman1
Yeah no chance. I’m a TWolves fan who has seen the “Kevin Love is our best player” show and it’s not a good one.

I recall Kevin McHale drafting him at #3 (effectively, they traded w Memphis who took him at #5...they could have had Russel Westbrook in the #3 slot). McHale said he loved his outlet pass....his outlet pass. You're taking a guy with your lottery pick because he has a great outlet pass. Only McHale. 2008 wasn't the best draft class.

I recall Kevin McHale drafting him at #3 (effectively, they traded w Memphis who took him at #5...they could have had Russel Westbrook in the #3 slot). McHale said he loved his outlet pass....his outlet pass. You're taking a guy with your lottery pick because he has a great outlet pass. Only McHale. 2008 wasn't the best draft class.
They passed on Steph Curry for Jonny Flynn too. The Wolves’ draft woes are well documented, and honestly, depressing. Makes me feel better about hopping on other teams’ bandwagons come playoff time though. Go Bucks

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
Prohm ain’t leaving, that’s for sure.

Iowa fans are a lot of things, but delusional is not one of them. We know our football program is good, not great, and our basketball program is mildly above average.

ISU loses in the first round of the tourney and goes 8-5 in football, yet their fanbase talks as if they have the best athletics program in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: owenhawk
Iowa fans are a lot of things, but delusional is not one of them. We know our football program is good, not great, and our basketball program is mildly above average.

ISU loses in the first round of the tourney and goes 8-5 in football, yet their fanbase talks as if they have the best athletics program in the country.
There are a lot of schools that would love to win a tourney game and lose to the overall Nations Best Team in OT I think our B-ball program is better than slightly above average

They passed on Steph Curry for Jonny Flynn too. The Wolves’ draft woes are well documented, and honestly, depressing. Makes me feel better about hopping on other teams’ bandwagons come playoff time though. Go Bucks

you could put together quite an all-star team with players the Wolves passed on.
Give the ol NBA a shot, maybe make some noise and do well. Retire after he makes 20+ mil. Pssh, why not son?!?

Exactly. Don't have to recruit, here's a shit pot of money...why not? Sounds like a great retirement plan.

Reactions: unoHawkeye

They are a poor man’s Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT