ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Session 1 PBP / Comments

Not one of my finer moments.

pablow posted on 3/7/2015...

Originally posted by northernboarderhawk:
After she left, the boy looks at me and said, "The iron isn't even plugged in"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Vall I am still laughing over this one.
roll.r191677.gif
That one's wothy of Clark Griswold. Too funny.

Originally posted by Azchief32:
Did you just seriously compare Morningstar, Perry, and Dennis to Juergens, Ironside, McGinness, Joe Williams, Fullhart, and Hand (Three returning champs)? Think Gable left the cupboard a little bit more than Zalesky did to Brands.

Brands has never finished out of the top five except when using Zalesky's guys. The problem with Zalesky is that he did once the Gable spigot was turned off. While no Coach is exempt from criticism, lets not pretend that Brands didn't have to rebuild a program versus being handed the keys to a Ferrari like Zalesky.
+1. Sometimes you have to point out the obvious.

Some will harp on Jim's three national titles, but anyone paying attention realizes those were essentially Gable's titles. I could have coached those teams to three consecutive championships. Granted, I'm a D1 caliber coach, but you get the point.

You can play with numbers, etc., but the program was in an obvious and rather precipitous decline under Zalesky. No disrespect to Jim, but the program was clearly faltering. There was little enthusiasm, attendance was falling (and that's saying something at Iowa), we were passive on the mat, recruiting wasn't going great, etc.

Of course, Iowa fans will always find things to complain about, but the program is obviously and markedly stronger under Brands. It's not close.

Originally posted by Gobblin:
Originally posted by MARION_HAWK:
Did it ever occur to you geniuses that Nick Moore is wrestling INJURED? What other logical explanation is there? Anyone who knows the kid knows he has not given up.

Gilman, Brooks, Burak, and Telford are wrestling with "injuries" as bad, or worse, than what Moore is dealing with... Think about that for a moment.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
And Randy Lewis is saying "suck it up ladies!" Ha!

The dude was an All-American with one arm. Granted, none of these guys are as good as Lewis, but you want to talk injuries and showing up, here's your prime example. Whatever any of these guys have going on, it obviously pales in comparison.

As for Nick, thanks for the pin against Minnesota in the dual. Ready for whomever the next 165 lber is.

Originally posted by sloehawk:
Originally posted by Gobblin:
Originally posted by MARION_HAWK:
Did it ever occur to you geniuses that Nick Moore is wrestling INJURED? What other logical explanation is there? Anyone who knows the kid knows he has not given up.

Gilman, Brooks, Burak, and Telford are wrestling with "injuries" as bad, or worse, than what Moore is dealing with... Think about that for a moment.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
And Randy Lewis is saying "suck it up ladies!" Ha!

The dude was an All-American with one arm. Granted, none of these guys are as good as Lewis, but you want to talk injuries and showing up, here's your prime example. Whatever any of these guys have going on, it obviously pales in comparison.

As for Nick, thanks for the pin against Minnesota in the dual. Ready for whomever the next 165 lber is.
Nothing in Nick Moore's posture says he gives a crap. Not saying he doesn't but there was no sense of urgency. You can see it even if someone is injured. I've seen guys like Nick before, even felt it myself at one time...burned out. It happens to guys. I wish Nick Moore nothing but the best of luck in life.

Really happy to see Jeva leaving it all out there. Hope he continues to do it...no regrets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT