ADVERTISEMENT

B1G To Start Thanksgiving Weekend Now?

Democrats in action. This absolutely makes me want to puke.

That ad makes no sense. D's want to shut everything down. R's want to open things up. I guess you can stretch it by saying if it wasn't for Trump we'd be playing. But I see a lot of empty soccer stadiums in Europe. I keep on being told they have done a better job on C19.

Thomas%20mask%20bullshit.jpg

That ad makes no sense. D's want to shut everything down. R's want to open things up. I guess you can stretch it by saying if it wasn't for Trump we'd be playing. But I see a lot of empty soccer stadiums in Europe. I keep on being told they have done a better job on C19.

yeah it’s almost like Kim Reynolds (R) didn’t just shut down bars in 6 counties yesterday...

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
When will the other conferences end their season? This might actually be a great move as far as TV viewership goes.

y’all are complaining, and this dude is out here playing division 4 checkers.
Fixed it for you.

We’re playing football in Iowa you idiot. Democrat governors have shut everything down including fall sports and republican governors have not. Look at a map on who’s playing and try not to be an idiot.
🤣 you seem worked up.

Kim Reynolds’ actions have had more impact on my personal businesses being shut down than any democrat has. Why would I believe it’s a democratic conspiracy when it’s been republicans in Iowa who have exerted control over my day to day life and businesses in Iowa?

But if we start that late, how do we fit in to bowl season or a playoff run? The numbers are so much worse right now than before.

What they ought to do is use the new testing capabilities as a CYA excuse for their massive incompetence eariler in the month, and announce it is the reason practice can begin next week, with a season starting the last weekend in September.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
For once I agree with many of you... if they’re starting on Thanksgiving Warren needs to go.
Way to stick to your guns buddy, you have somehow managed to unite maskers and anti-maskers in calling for your firing.

Makes absolutely no sense from a health/safety standpoint of the community. If you’re going to start in the middle of the holidays, might as well kickoff next weekend and pack Kinnick. Spring start I could buy.

🤣 you seem worked up.

Kim Reynolds’ actions have had more impact on my personal businesses being shut down than any democrat has. Why would I believe it’s a democratic conspiracy when it’s been republicans in Iowa who have exerted control over my day to day life and businesses in Iowa?
Go to a Democrat ran state I’m sure they’ll open ya right up.
Iowa has had some of the most lenient Covid laws in the nation. The governor has taken a ton of heat from the other side for not shutting more down and not taking aggressive enough action. If Kim wasn’t the governor you’d still be shut down. But I agree your business should be open.

🤣 you seem worked up.

So you own bars?

So I guess the vaccine timely got moved up?

Guys will still opt out, given the season will still end very close to the draft/combines.

I
Exactly what I was going to say. Seems pretty blatant at this point. You can't even call it a conspiracy because they aren't really trying to hide anything.
I read comments like this and I literally feel like we are living in different dimensions...(and I’m sure you feel the same with mine)

I don’t see anyway this country is ever united on anything again. How can you even find middle ground when neither side agrees there is an actual “truth” and “facts”.

Go to a Democrat ran state I’m sure they’ll open ya right up.
Iowa has had some of the most lenient Covid laws in the nation. The governor has taken a ton of heat from the other side for not shutting more down and not taking aggressive enough action. If Kim wasn’t the governor you’d still be shut down. But I agree your business should be open.
So you own bars?

I do not own bars. I am not currently shut down but my businesses were shut down for over 2 months by Kim Reynolds' signature (we are also operating under the assumption that we will get shut down again and conserving as much cash as we can for that eventuality). I am of the opinion that both sides believe this is a big deal- as shown by Governor Reynolds having no hesitation extending her emergency proclamation (currently extended through 9/20) that extends her dozens of new rules and regulations that she placed on our businesses without the legislature's approval, in addition to her shutting down bars. The same policies were enacted by republican governors in Florida and Texas. If Republicans really believed this were a democratic hoax, then why would any of them care about shutting down bars or lengthening emergency declarations? Republican governors knows this is a big deal but they are playing politics the same way the democrats are. She has to pretend that it is not a big deal because her voters want her to pretend that it is a hoax. At the end of the day, when cases spike, then republicans react by shutting things down too.

At this point, I'm just along for the ride. I'm not blaming democrats or republicans. I don't think that this is a hoax. I don't think everyone should stay locked at home until there is a vaccine. I think both sides are playing politics because they are politicians and they are trying to stay in power. Both sides are also stoking the paranoia and irrational beliefs of their own bases and that is why we are in the ridiculous situation that our country is in with regards to covid. If we'd all just swallow our own pride, wear a mask, and not insist that every darn thing should be closed indefinitely until there is no risk of infection, then we would probably be past this whole darn thing by now. There's a middle ground between "this is a hoax" and "we're all gonna die" that people really don't seem capable of understanding- even though this is probably the most logical place for us all to be operating.

I

I read comments like this and I literally feel like we are living in different dimensions...(and I’m sure you feel the same with mine)

I don’t see anyway this country is ever united on anything again. How can you even find middle ground when neither side agrees there is an actual “truth” and “facts”.
Whether you think we should play or not, I can't understand why you don't see the political angle of all of this. Look at it from the other side if that helps. You could make the argument that the decision to play was political in support of the President. Look at a political map, then look at who is playing football and who isn't. And then try to make the argument politics aren't involved. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT