ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament 1st Round Comparisons

Wait, do all the #2s have byes? If so that really, really sucks. Missing Lee, Desanto, and Bull first round. :( In matches they would almost certainly bonus.

The way I understand it, yes if they seed to 14. If I’m wrong, please let me know so I can fix them

You HAVE TO be correct. Otherwise, seeding to 14 would be POINTLESS. The POINT of a seed is to match them up accordingly. 1v16(bye), 2v15(bye), 3v14, 4v13, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10 and 8v9. Otherwise the numbers 9-14 would have no value and be the same as the random value.

Reactions: meatloaf55
You HAVE TO be correct. Otherwise, seeding to 14 would be POINTLESS. The POINT of a seed is to match them up accordingly. 1v16(bye), 2v15(bye), 3v14, 4v13, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10 and 8v9. Otherwise the numbers 9-14 would have no value and be the same as the random value.
tenor.gif

Wait, do all the #2s have byes? If so that really, really sucks. Missing Lee, Desanto, and Bull first round. :( In matches they would almost certainly bonus.
It does suck. There is a sliver of silver linings for Hawks not seeded #1 or #2.?

Bowman is a 10 seed and wrestled a #7 first round. If he loses first round he gets a bye 1st round of consolation. Murin is a 7 against a 10.
Wilcke as a #5 wrestles the 12 seed as does Young vs. a random draw in.
Lugo, Warner and Stoll have draw in bracket. I think these seeded matchups are every bit as good, if not better, than a draw in.
PSU has 5 not getting a first round match. Lee, Nolf, Joesph, Rasheed and Cassar.

I am well aware...Jfc how old are you? Joke bud. Go grab an Ensure and get that blood sugar straightened out. ;)

Only the ripe young age of 43! I was hoping you would understand my response was equally light hearted by the fact that I CONTINUED using CAPS!

Plus, I DO like to defend this writing style as the "millennials" are CERTAIN that everything was created in their lifetime!

Only the ripe young age of 43! I was hoping you would understand my response was equally light hearted by the fact that I CONTINUED using CAPS!

Plus, I DO like to defend this writing style as the "millennials" are CERTAIN that everything was created in their lifetime!
Got 2 years on me bud....and I agree, millennials are turds.

Did I miss something? Aren't we still only on the pre-seeds?

They rarely change. Very rarely. So safe bet most of the seeds hold and those will be the match-ups.

For the life of me I don’t know why they wouldn’t just seed 1-14 at every weight. Follow the NCAA. The conference rarely does anything right when it comes to wrestling. Baffling.

Reactions: andegre
They rarely change. Very rarely. So safe bet most of the seeds hold and those will be the match-ups.

For the life of me I don’t know why they wouldn’t just seed 1-14 at every weight. Follow the NCAA. The conference rarely does anything right when it comes to wrestling. Baffling.

So if one team gets all 10 #1 seeds, their "reward" is less opportunity for bonus points?

I think the system is fine as is

There were only 3 brackets with fourteen seeds last year. This year there are 7. Can anyone answer this question, why did they fully seed brackets with 8 qualifying spots up for grabs this year? Last year they did not.

They've seeded all 14 if there are 8 or more AQs since the new system was put into place.

One of the criteria for potential wild card selection is placing 1 spot away from AQ at your qualifying tourney; so if 8 auto-qualify and you place 9th, you have a shot at a wild card. That's why they seed all the way down, so it's fair for the guys having to go for 9th

We’re not winning the tournament, and as far as I’m concerned the fewer matches for Lee the better.

I'll just be there as a spectator and look forward to the matches. Especially since as I said those ones would likely be falls. My selfish perspective. Agreed that fewer matches for Lee is a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT