ADVERTISEMENT

Badger Predictions

Slambamham

Scout Team
Dec 19, 2012
125- Barnett-#8, No DA- lose by major, with DA win by dec.-dont think we will see DA- 0-4
133- Burwick- NR- Win by tech.-5-4
141- Zargo- NR- Win by fall- 11-4
149- Gomez-#7, should be great match, win in close one-14-4
157- Model-#27- another good match, win in close one-17-4
165- Hamiti #7- haven't watched him, but sound like he is good- Bull looked good Friday- win by dec, close-20-4
174- McNalley #24- Hope Kem sits, start getting him ready for last run- Swaf wins in close one-23-4
184- Weiler- NR, which surprises me?- win by dec.-26-4
197- Amos #22- better than his ranking- hopefully JW conditiong improves- win by dec.-26-4
HWT- Hilger #11- win by dec.- 29-4

Go Hawks!!!

Reactions: SDHN2013
125- Barnett-#8, No DA- lose by major, with DA win by dec.-dont think we will see DA- 0-4
165- Hamiti #7- haven't watched him, but sound like he is good- Bull looked good Friday- win by dec, close-20-4
174- McNalley #24- Hope Kem sits, start getting him ready for last run- Swaf wins in close one-23-4
197- Amos #22- better than his ranking- hopefully JW conditiong improves- win by dec.-26-4

Go Hawks!!!

Amos is decidedly NOT better than his ranking. He's not good at folk. Too much time spent rubbing titties and getting the areolas chafed.

sad.

• Haha
Reactions: UndercoverHawk
I'm most intrigued by Gomez because of his bad experience at Western Iowa CC.

Go Hawks!!!

A couple of things…I think we see Kem because it’s his last match inside Carver. More likely to see him rest vs Nebby. Weiler is 8-8 but just got done majoring Max Lyon and Cochran from Maryland. Tossups at 149, 165 and 197. Barnett the clear favorite at 125.

It is conceivable for Wisconsin to win 6 matches (125, 149, 165, 184 and HWT)

It is more likely for Iowa to win all ten matches that Wisconsin winning all 6 of the competitive matches though.

165, that kid has been hammering people! The bull needs to be on his A game!
Is this common core math?

According to HoundedHawk Kem probably has a torn labrum or is he just speculating or guessing or just blowing hot air.

It is more likely for Iowa to win all ten matches that Wisconsin winning all 6 of the competitive matches though.

bull was all business Friday night. I think the loss woke him up and pissed him off I hope I am not wrong, but If he wrestles like he did Friday night the rest of the year I could see him standing at the top of the podium

According to HoundedHawk Kem probably has a torn labrum or is he just speculating or guessing or just blowing hot air.
Or all three are basically the same thing. I don't know, but gave my opinion of a "probably" based on past and current observation.

It's the same shoulder that went out of joint at nationals years ago. And notice how he preferred to react to Starocci's shots, instead of trying to pull in one of those ultra strong legs, he wanted to counter. I fear it's also why he had trouble keeping Starocci down in OT.

And after all that I bet Starocci may be thinking, "Good God in heaven, how am I going take down this man this year? I've haven't felt hips like that at this weight."

Amos is decidedly NOT better than his ranking. He's not good at folk. Too much time spent rubbing titties and getting the areolas chafed.

sad.
bigger issue is that i think he's a tweener. i've been on this train for a while. when he cut down to 195 in high school to try to make a cadet team, he was not the same guy. he dominated with athleticism and power. down at 195, he doesn't have the same pop and the guys he's wrestling are a lot more athletic than at 220.

bigger issue is that i think he's a tweener. i've been on this train for a while. when he cut down to 195 in high school to try to make a cadet team, he was not the same guy. he dominated with athleticism and power. down at 195, he doesn't have the same pop and the guys he's wrestling are a lot more athletic than at 220.

If this is true, we'll find out here pretty soon. Because according to Bono, Amos was a "chunky" up at 97 kgs. If he's right, and Amos just needs to adjust to weight/get more fit, we'll see that come to fruition soon.

But yeah, he's definitely not the most athletic guy on the mat any longer. And it's not just on bottom that he struggles. He has a hard time getting to legs.

A couple of things…I think we see Kem because it’s his last match inside Carver. More likely to see him rest vs Nebby. Weiler is 8-8 but just got done majoring Max Lyon and Cochran from Maryland. Tossups at 149, 165 and 197. Barnett the clear favorite at 125.
I know that Hamiti has been on a roll, and The Bull recently lost to Kharchla, but I can't wrap my head around this match being a tossup. Might actually have woken up The Bull with a regular season loss, he didn't impose his will on Kharchla and it cost him, IMO ( I just think he could have done a better job of that, in hindsight of course, I suspect that thought has entered his mind as well). And he's been a little lackadaisical all year in regards to bonus it seems. He may have just got his ass woken up.

Granted, some True Freshmen take the world by storm, but most of them are Slush Funders it seems. Anyway, I haven't seen Hamiti perform at all, but very impressive resume to date, so kudos to him.

But until proven wrong I'm taking The Bull all day everyday without hesitation, so no tossup for me, The Bull gets it done, likely in workmanlike fashion, but a little lesson to the youngster would be preferable.

I can’t wrap my head around Bulls last match in Carver being a loss. A Murin win would be huge for seeding at B10s, Big Ton has looked great lately, he’s had Thors number, but he’s a great test. Model had a head scratching upset vs Brayton Lee, would love to see KY get on his offense early and leave no doubt. (probably won’t and he’ll win 3-2 though). I think Hawks win 9/10 matches, with close wins at 149, 157, 165, 184, 197 and Hwt.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I know that Hamiti has been on a roll, and The Bull recently lost to Kharchla, but I can't wrap my head around this match being a tossup. Might actually have woken up The Bull with a regular season loss, he didn't impose his will on Kharchla and it cost him, IMO ( I just think he could have done a better job of that, in hindsight of course, I suspect that thought has entered his mind as well). And he's been a little lackadaisical all year in regards to bonus it seems. He may have just got his ass woken up.
I don’t doubt Bull and Hamiti hasn’t wrestled someone as good as the Bull but Hamiti is damn good so I wouldn’t underestimate it coming down to the last few secs or OT. The days of talented freshmen taking their lumps are over though. However, if Alex brings the heat and pace like he did against PSU, he’ll be tough for anybody to beat.

Reactions: 24 so far

Cassioppi majored Hilger both times they wrestled last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT