ADVERTISEMENT

Badgers targeting Fickall

Could see the new AD wanting to wipe the slate clean and get a brand new staff. Would be a great hire if they pull it off
Cincinnati was 52-14 the six seasons prior to Fickel becoming head coach. He has basically continued the success of previous coaches. Keep in mind Scott Frost was 13-0 with a bowl win over Auburn before he came to Nebraska from Central Florida. No guarantees with any coach. Would be interesting him being in the same conference with OSU (his dream coaching job). This hire could piss off many Badger fans too as they will be shitting on one of their own in Coach Leonard.

Reactions: yippeehawks
Cincinnati was 52-14 the six seasons prior to Fickel becoming head coach. He has basically continued the success of previous coaches. Keep in mind Scott Frost was 13-0 with a bowl win over Auburn before he came to Nebraska from Central Florida. No guarantees with any coach. Would be interesting him being in the same conference with OSU (his dream coaching job). This hire could piss off many Badger fans too as they will be shitting on one of their own in Coach Leonard.
Leonard proved he can’t win with consecutive loses to Iowa and Minnesota and a losing record for the first time in a long time. It will be interesting to see how they do moving forward. Fickel will have his hands full at Wisconsin now that Barry is gone as he had a lot to do with their success.

Reactions: yippeehawks
Leonard doesn't look like the answer as HC.

Wonder if Bollers has regrets about going to Madison?

Does Fickell play a 3-4? Who knows, maybe he hits the portal, but I doubt Iowa would be on the short list. He looked pretty hard at Iowa State.

Reactions: StallmanCurse
We don't need Fick....yall just don't know it...but the next Iowa coach is already determined. Pry in 2, 3 yrs max is the timeliness I'm hearing.

Standby...or use your cranium.

Hint. Iowa doesn't hire outside of thr Iowa network...so think about it. He's been resting fyi....

Does Fickell play a 3-4? Who knows, maybe he hits the portal, but I doubt Iowa would be on the short list. He looked pretty hard at Iowa State.
Oh, I don't think Iowa would consider taking Bollers. He's slow footed and he's better suited as a DE. Definitely not linebacker material.

I guess Ames could/would be an option. I'm just spitballing if Leonard leaves.

We don't need Fick....yall just don't know it...but the next Iowa coach is already determined. Pry in 2, 3 yrs max is the timeliness I'm hearing.

Hint. Iowa doesn't hire outside of thr Iowa network...so think about it. He's been resting fyi....
Would you be referring to Bob Stoops? He’s done. LeVar needs to be next HC.

Stoops will be the next Iowa coach. Ferentz just needs to step down to make it happen.

Great hire getting the proven HC. Wisky gave Leonard very favorable schedule to win the job. 3 losses 2 to rivals. I think be best served if Leonard goes out and gets a mac level job (something or OC should’ve done) in trying to prove himself to be P5 HC. Could be wrong but would you want to stay in place even though it’s your alma mater who passed you up at his age. Wouldn’t it be interesting if Cincy looked at him to be next HC. Be an attractive job for Midwest coaches with their impending move to big 12.

As for Iowa getting passed up with 2 new hires I’m going to wait and see. Because that was narrative 4-5 years ago with fleck and frosty. But of those 2 and recent 2 I think Fickel is a phenomenal hire.

Both Rhule and Fickell understand you need a good OL and DL to win in the B1G. Frost came into the B1G thinking he could impose his style on the conference. Fickell has a reputation as a good recruiter and great developer of talent. If it happens like it sounds like it will this is a homerun for the Badgers.

Reactions: hawkdave007
Winning at Cincinnati is a whole lot different than winning in the BIG10 week in and week out. Lets pump the brakes a little.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT