ADVERTISEMENT

Barr, a vocal Trump critic, says he will ‘support the Republican ticket’ in November

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
What a POS his is:

Former attorney general William P. Barr effectively endorsed former president Donald Trump on Wednesday, despite having previously criticized Trump’s conduct while in office and once comparing him to a “defiant, 9-year-old kid.”

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

Asked Wednesday whether he would vote for Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, in November, Barr told Fox News that he would vote for the Republican ticket.

“I’ve said all along, given two bad choices, I think it’s my duty to pick the person I think would do the least harm to the country, and in my mind, that’s — I will vote the Republican ticket,” said Barr, who remains a Republican. “I’ll support the Republican ticket.”

Barr served as U.S. attorney general under Trump from 2019 to 2020, resigning from Trump’s Cabinet on Dec. 14, 2020, after publicly disputing the former president’s claims that there was widespread fraud in the 2020 election. Trump would later claim he had demanded Barr’s resignation.

ADVERTISING

Barr also later cooperated with the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, and defended special counsel Jack Smith’s prosecution of Trump as a “legitimate case.”
In his 2022 memoir, “One Damn Thing After Another: Memoirs of an Attorney General,” Barr wrote about how his relationship with Trump had soured, citing how Trump and his legal team — including Barr’s nemesis, Trump lawyer and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani — pushed absurd claims of mass voter fraud.

“His legal team had a difficult case to make, and they made it as badly and unprofessionally as I could have imagined,” Barr wrote. “It was all a grotesque embarrassment.”
Trump in turn has castigated Barr, calling his former attorney general a “coward” and vowing that, if reelected, he would not make Barr attorney general again.

Barr refused to endorse Trump in the Republican presidential primary, comparing voting for Trump to “playing Russian roulette with the country.”

“I have made clear that I strongly oppose Trump for the nomination and will not endorse Trump,” Barr told NBC News in a story published in July. Asked then how he would vote if the general election was a Trump-Biden rematch, Barr said he’d “jump off that bridge when I get to it.”
On Wednesday, Barr maintained that voting for Trump would still be “Russian roulette” but claimed that a “continuation of the Biden administration is national suicide, in my opinion.”

of course he will

because at the end of the day...the most important thing to mainstream republicans (which is absolutely what barr is) is tax rates for corporations and 1%ers...and maybe judge apointments

everything else is just noise

We can save ourselves a lot of time and the various forms of republican - be they MAGA, Q-Anon, brand loyal republican or bothsidesian - can spare us the charade. Unless they renounce both the party and TRUMP, you can be certain they are voting for Agent Orange. If they pull the bothsidesian, "I'm not voting for either candidate," they are most definitely voting for The Count of Mar-a-Lardo.

They are all voting for their Messiah, Orange Jesus.

He doesn't actually have any criticism for Trump. He is simply too weak to admit that he loves him and that's why he supports him.

Reactions: Torg
What a POS his is:

Former attorney general William P. Barr effectively endorsed former president Donald Trump on Wednesday, despite having previously criticized Trump’s conduct while in office and once comparing him to a “defiant, 9-year-old kid.”

Asked Wednesday whether he would vote for Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, in November, Barr told Fox News that he would vote for the Republican ticket.

“I’ve said all along, given two bad choices, I think it’s my duty to pick the person I think would do the least harm to the country, and in my mind, that’s — I will vote the Republican ticket,” said Barr, who remains a Republican. “I’ll support the Republican ticket.”

Barr served as U.S. attorney general under Trump from 2019 to 2020, resigning from Trump’s Cabinet on Dec. 14, 2020, after publicly disputing the former president’s claims that there was widespread fraud in the 2020 election. Trump would later claim he had demanded Barr’s resignation.

ADVERTISING

Barr also later cooperated with the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, and defended special counsel Jack Smith’s prosecution of Trump as a “legitimate case.”
In his 2022 memoir, “One Damn Thing After Another: Memoirs of an Attorney General,” Barr wrote about how his relationship with Trump had soured, citing how Trump and his legal team — including Barr’s nemesis, Trump lawyer and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani — pushed absurd claims of mass voter fraud.

“His legal team had a difficult case to make, and they made it as badly and unprofessionally as I could have imagined,” Barr wrote. “It was all a grotesque embarrassment.”
Trump in turn has castigated Barr, calling his former attorney general a “coward” and vowing that, if reelected, he would not make Barr attorney general again.

Barr refused to endorse Trump in the Republican presidential primary, comparing voting for Trump to “playing Russian roulette with the country.”

“I have made clear that I strongly oppose Trump for the nomination and will not endorse Trump,” Barr told NBC News in a story published in July. Asked then how he would vote if the general election was a Trump-Biden rematch, Barr said he’d “jump off that bridge when I get to it.”
On Wednesday, Barr maintained that voting for Trump would still be “Russian roulette” but claimed that a “continuation of the Biden administration is national suicide, in my opinion.”

I don't think it is people like Barr that are the problem, in my mind people who refuse to hold Biden accountable for runaway inflation, international malaise, high interest rates, and the dangerous border chaos are the ones who need to reevaluate their positions. Was your life better between 2017-2020? Mine certainly was, it is no more complicated than that.

I don't think it is people like Barr that are the problem, in my mind people who refuse to hold Biden accountable for runaway inflation, international malaise, high interest rates, and the dangerous border chaos are the ones who need to reevaluate their positions. Was your life better between 2017-2020? Mine certainly was, it is no more complicated than that.
Barr enabled Trump at the worst possible times. He’s irredeemable.

What a POS his is:

ADVERTISING

Who cares? He hasn't seen his dick in decades.

We are doing better than every other country in the world, but it doesn't matter to you.

Sorry your choices have led you down the wrong path since 2020. And that you seem to lay it at the feet of the president.

My life is so much better than 2020. A small part of it is from knowing we have a president who now isn't dumber than everyone I know.

Last edited:
Sorry your choices have led you down the wrong path since 2020. And that you seem to lay it at the feet of the president.

My life is so much better than 2020. A small part of it is from knowing we have a president who now isn't dumber than everyone I know.
Good grief...my life is leaps and bounds better than it was in 2020. Anyone who says theirs isn't is some kind of idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT