ADVERTISEMENT

Barta -it would take a "miracle" to start season next month

We shall see today or tomorrow as there are still some reports saying a vote will happen, while many others say no it won't. So this weekend should be interesting.

The thing working against it is all the fear that will come out of this long holiday weekend. People will get out and enjoy themselves and oh boy they will say you just wait in 2 weeks we will be stacking bodies out back of hospitals and funeral homes.

Did Herald ever field any questions regarding this whole thing yet? Seems like maybe he should say what he can say.

I was thinking the same thing, it's not just warren who has been awful with communication/transperency

I know there is a huge amount that goes into his job completely unrelated to sports, but would be nice if he could give an interview and state up front he can't disclose some things but he will answer what I feel is appropriate to answer. I pretty much see that guy at every football game.

I know there is a huge amount that goes into his job completely unrelated to sports, but would be nice if he could give an interview and state up front he can't disclose some things but he will answer what I feel is appropriate to answer. I pretty much see that guy at every football game.

Yeah it seems that the presidents have to semi-agree not to share any information. All they are doing by not being transparent is feeding rumors. the more they don't say anything, the more people are left to fill in the gaps.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Regardless of whether I think they should play, only somebody in the world of academia would say it would take a miracle to schedule 5-7 football games in currently empty stadiums in a month

Regardless of whether I think they should play, only somebody in the world of academia would say it would take a miracle to schedule 5-7 football games in currently empty stadiums in a month
Bingo!!! The entire educational establishment needs a hard reset, K - college. The ideological litterbox needs to have a lot of privileged turds cleaned out. Big Education has become way too political, discriminatory and lacking diversity of thought. Did I mention wasteful of taxpayer money?

We shall see today or tomorrow as there are still some reports saying a vote will happen, while many others say no it won't. So this weekend should be interesting.

The thing working against it is all the fear that will come out of this long holiday weekend. People will get out and enjoy themselves and oh boy they will say you just wait in 2 weeks we will be stacking bodies out back of hospitals and funeral homes.

actually a smart move by barta for once. Because if they don’t start sooner he can say I told you so and we were handcuffed by earlier vote even though he was for playing so can’t get mad at him what ever decision is made. But if they do play he comes across like a hero for pushing them to get back on the field in October.

Bingo!!! The entire educational establishment needs a hard reset, K - college. The ideological litterbox needs to have a lot of privileged turds cleaned out. Big Education has become way too political, discriminatory and lacking diversity of thought. Did I mention wasteful of taxpayer money?

Im not going to even go down that route, the practicality of putting together a 10 game schedule and getting the first week set is not difficult. That’s maybe an afternoon’s worth of work to coordinate it with the tv networks

I’d like to see the look on my boss’ face: “Bhawk24bob, can you put together a schedule for the first weekend that’s 5 weeks away and let the tv networks pick their games in the order that they’re contractually allowed to pick them by the end of the afternoon?”

me: “Afternoon?! It would be a miracle to do 10 tasks in the next 5 weeks”

Gary Barta is an Athletic Director not an academic and he did say that -- thereby disproving your theory that only somebody in academia would say such a thing. Damn man, get a clue

Im not going to even go down that route, the practicality of putting together a 10 game schedule and getting the first week set is not difficult. That’s maybe an afternoon’s worth of work to coordinate it with the tv networks

I’d like to see the look on my boss’ face: “Bhawk24bob, can you put together a schedule for the first weekend that’s 5 weeks away and let the tv networks pick their games in the order that they’re contractually allowed to pick them by the end of the afternoon?”

me: “Afternoon?! It would be a miracle to do 10 tasks in the next 5 weeks”

Somebody didn't read the article...

The miracle had nothing to do with scheduling. The miracle was a vaccine. Specifically referenced by Barta in the article.

ACC, SEC, Big 12, MLB and NFL found the miracle. Amazing how that miracle just avoids the Big 10

so I agree that Iowa should be playing later this fall but I think it’s misleading to say that the acc sec big 12 and nfl have found the miracle. They haven’t played anything yet either

Gary Barta is an Athletic Director not an academic and he did say that -- thereby disproving your theory that only somebody in academia would say such a thing. Damn man, get a clue

Are we really going to make an argument that he’s not an AD in college because he isn’t playing the academia game?

Yeah it seems that the presidents have to semi-agree not to share any information. All they are doing by not being transparent is feeding rumors. the more they don't say anything, the more people are left to fill in the gaps.
Could it be the chancellors/presidents aren't saying anything because they are hanging this thing around Warren's neck? If they truly believe they are right, why would they just sit idly by while they and the conference get pummeled, it makes no sense.

It's my belief they aren't saying anything because they will pin this on Warren if the other conferences complete a successful season..

When the recipe calls for fourteen university presidents with an immense sense of self importance, the massive ego of a Power 5 Commissioner, fourteen diligent AD’s, fourteen football coaches and some with ego’s that would leave Trump’s head spinning it could be 2084 before we again see football.

Could it be the chancellors/presidents aren't saying anything because they are hanging this thing around Warren's neck? If they truly believe they are right, why would they just sit idly by while they and the conference get pummeled, it makes no sense.

It's my belief they aren't saying anything because they will pin this on Warren if the other conferences complete a successful season..

If that is what they are doing, what a crappy way to do business.

NO BIG TEN FOOTBALL TIL AFTER NOVEMBER 3!! BOOK IT! Practice may start but the games will wait til the election is over. So we might as well "mail it in"🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Blame it on the new guy!!!!! An oldie but a goodie.

The B1G better be playing fall sports due to NCAA passing legislation that says if you don’t play till late November into January or February then no spring ball practice in March and April.

Add in Barta is on the Play Off committee so he has to not be real happy about where the rest of the B1G brethren are from a start date perspective and the conference missing out on bowls and play off chances.

This has been handled horribly by the B1G commish and university leadership. Especially when the SEC, ACC, and B12 kick off next weekend. Add in the PAC12 commish is now saying they will be able to play fall sports with the new testing immediate results.

Reactions: unclesammy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT