ADVERTISEMENT

Beat the Gophers!

LetsGoHawks83

HR Legend
Mar 20, 2015
It's bye week Saturday, so let's talk about beating the Gophers in one thread! The other 20 can poke fun at the Red Nowledge team to our west

iowafloyd.jpg

anybody know the status of that other running back that is out? I think it is Shannon Brooks. also, isn't their top defensive player out?

looking at the schedule (and watching these teams play) it looks like Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois and Nebraska really should be fairly easy wins. not so sure about the other three "swing" games (Purdue, Maryland, and Northwestern)

anybody know the status of that other running back that is out? I think it is Shannon Brooks. also, isn't their top defensive player out?

looking at the schedule (and watching these teams play) it looks like Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois and Nebraska really should be fairly easy wins. not so sure about the other three "swing" games (Purdue, Maryland, and Northwestern)
Running back Shannon Brooks is out for the year.

Hope we get off to a great start on the road and start tuning the offense for higher performance. Defense should be able to get off the field at will so we should get plenty of possessions. Looking for a big day passing and running!

Maybe I got the name wrong in my question above. their top back I believe is/was Rodney Smith; right? the last I heard he was out for the whole year and supposedly Shannon Brooks may or may not return at some point this year.

can anybody confirm or dispute this? thx in advance for keeping this poor ignorant Hawkeye fan informed.

One of these things is not like the other...Don't sleep on the Hoosiers (my OTHER alma mater)! Still, it's always a 'Go Hawks" day...

Maybe I got the name wrong in my question above. their top back I believe is/was Rodney Smith; right? the last I heard he was out for the whole year and supposedly Shannon Brooks may or may not return at some point this year.

can anybody confirm or dispute this? thx in advance for keeping this poor ignorant Hawkeye fan informed.
Correct Smith is out for the year. Brooks will probably return just not sure when

This so needs to happen again > http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...infamously-tore-down-Minnesota%92s-goal-posts Is there a better time than their HCing?! Looks like it's a good recruiting tool as well:

The incident does beg the question. Would Iowa fans tolerate another school’s fan base celebrating on the surface of Kinnick Stadium and attempting to drag a goal post on to Melrose Avenue?

“I just don’t foresee that ever happening so no,” Iowa defensive end Parker Hesse said. “It’s hard to envision.”

“I don’t think they’d make it to the goal post,” said Iowa safety Amani Hooker, a Minnesota native. “I think they’d get stopped before they make it there.”

“Visiting teams don’t win very often in Kinnick,” Bowlsby said. “So it would be hard to imagine that happening. They certainly don’t get 32,000 tickets as a visiting team.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT