ADVERTISEMENT

Beathard alert!

Any reason why the 49ers don't play him? It seems like he does well when he goes in.

Seems like the niners staff have made their call and mullens will be the guy when the seemingly always injured multi-million dollar garapolo is unavailable.
As much as I'd like to see CJ get a chance on the field, as long as he's on an active roster somewhere making full time money that's not a bad consolation prize.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Any reason why the 49ers don't play him? It seems like he does well when he goes in.
His career QB rating of 75.7 says otherwise...

Maybe the Niners will shut Jimmy G down for the season now that they're out of the playoff race, and C.J. will be given the reins for the last 2 games. Given the multiple QB dumpster fires around the League, you'd think that he would get a real shot sometime. I suppose it would help if he would stay healthy.

Seems like the niners staff have made their call and mullens will be the guy when the seemingly always injured multi-million dollar garapolo is unavailable.
As much as I'd like to see CJ get a chance on the field, as long as he's on an active roster somewhere making full time money that's not a bad consolation prize.
yeah, the 49'er depth chart seems clear:

1. Jimmy G
2. Mullens
3. CJ

Mullens has had some shaky moments starting (with Jimmy out) but they still prefer him over CJ at the moment

QB situation in San Fran won’t matter until they improve their turnstile offensive line. Can’t keep anyone healthy in pass protection. Might be time for CJ to find another team, although the leadership out there really likes him. Would be interesting to see what he could do with some blocking in front of him.

Come on! Time for a game winning drive CJ! Let's go!

Unfortunately for Trevor, he may be out at least a few weeks. Hopefully is just a bad sprain.

Obligatory.

giphy.gif

Internet speculation looks like his injury issues are a concern.
If this is it for CJ he still had a decent career NFL. Regular season roster for 7(?) seasons isn't too shabby. Particularly considering the generally ho-hum qb performance at Iowa over the past quarter century.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Internet speculation looks like his injury issues are a concern.
If this is it for CJ he still had a decent career NFL. Regular season roster for 7(?) seasons isn't too shabby. Particularly considering the generally ho-hum qb performance at Iowa over the past quarter century.

I'd like to think if he wants to keep grinding as a backup, he can find a team.

Dude still made some LEGIT plays in his playing time this year for the Jags.

CJB 4 life!

Looks like the Vikings are in need of a quarterback. I’m kinda pissed cousins isn’t coming back but it shows he only cares about the money.
Good luck in Atlanta lol

Looks like the Vikings are in need of a quarterback. I’m kinda pissed cousins isn’t coming back but it shows he only cares about the money.
Good luck in Atlanta lol
You don’t want that albatross of a contract for Cousins coming off of a torn Achilles tendon and about to be 36 years old. Find a young qb in the draft or trade for Justin Field as he’d be a perfect fit with your HC/OC offense with CJ once game ready and JJ.

Regarding CJ, they need three qb’s on the roster so he will be that or second string depending how Mac Jones does in camp. I’m not sold on the guy but he never had weapons in NE. NE reminds me of Iowa and vice versa with their player development with lesser known players and making chicken shiat into chicken salad with their less than stellar roster.

The Cousins character arc is hilarious. Everyone thought the Redskins were foolish for drafting him after RGIII, but he ended up being the better player. Then he gets tagged and tagged until he finally gets the big deal from Minnesota, where he does well, except in big games. He's the laughing stock of the league. Then Quarterback comes out and he's everyone's Kohls wearing darling. Then he ditches Minnesota for Atlanta and a bigger payday and he's a greedy villain.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT