ADVERTISEMENT

BEES! BEES EVERYWHERE!

ANYCHawk

HR Legend
Nov 13, 2007
An 89-year-old Texas man died after he accidentally upset a large bee hive and the insects stung him up to 4,000 times, police estimate.

The Coryell County Sheriff's Office responded to U.S. Highway 84 near the border of the city of Gatesville Tuesday evening after witnesses said they saw a large swarm of bees covering an elderly man, a spokesman told the Daily News.

The witness who called in the attack was allergic to bees and was unable to help, he said.

A good Samaritan approached the angry group and covered Jiggs Marshall with a blanket in an effort to help.

Deputies, some of whom were also stung, arrived and transported Marshall to a hospital where he later died, according to TV Station KWTX.

Marshall was mowing a lawn and may have been unaware that someone kept a large amount of bees in the area. The elderly man apparently struck their habitat and they responded angrily.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-man-89-dies-4-000-bee-stings-police-article-1.2214069

Sad story. What I found most interesting is that these bees do not appear to be the dreaded killer variety that have immigrated to the southern US. Normal bees are much less likely to swarm and sting. I wonder if he attacked their hive for some reason.

I heard the old man had drawn a cartoonish charactacher of the queen bee. The other bees acted in a manor they thought was appropriate..

One bee was interviewed and asked why this happened, he responded by saying, "we're tired of beeeing disturbed for no reason". He was later asked, but why kill the man, the bee then said, " he insulted us by his drawing, he can kiss my honey nut Cheerios!"

Reactions: JWolf74
The other bees acted in a manor they thought was appropriate..
Yarnton_Manor_east.JPG

I'm guessing bee stings is up there with drowning and burning as horrible ways to die.

I heard the old man had drawn a cartoonish charactacher of the queen bee. The other bees acted in a manor they thought was appropriate..

One bee was interviewed and asked why this happened, he responded by saying, "we're tired of beeeing disturbed for no reason". He was later asked, but why kill the man, the bee then said, " he insulted us by his drawing, he can kiss my honey nut Cheerios!"
6/10

How have none of you humps posted this yet...a bee classic.

Also, Jiggs Marshall? Was this guy a character from a Dick Tracy comic strip?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT