ADVERTISEMENT

Behind the Curtain: Unbendable Biden vs. breaking-point Dems

A candidate is not free to step away due to health concerns? Or any reason whatsoever?
He's said many times in the last 10 days he intends to remain in the race. Heck, I've gotten 3 e-mails and a text from his campaign over the weekend.

Yeah, of course he's free to do that. Why are you ignoring the calls from many democrat leaders and donors for him to step down? Is that the way democracy works?

He's said many times in the last 10 days he intends to remain in the race. Heck, I've gotten 3 e-mails and a text from his campaign over the weekend.

Yeah, of course he's free to do that. Why are you ignoring the calls from many democrat leaders and donors for him to step down? Is that the way democracy works?
Sure is. They’re listening to their constituents and concerned about the big picture. It’s ultimately Biden’s choice and so far he is not listening to the advice. So he will stay.

Reactions: Scruddy
Sure is. They’re listening to their constituents and concerned about the big picture. It’s ultimately Biden’s choice and so far he is not listening to the advice. So he will stay.
The DNC sets the rules for their nomination. Biden has gone through all the primaries. The constituents have had their say.

Reactions: Scruddy
Serious health condition? What was your position when his annual medical was released?

Biden physical Feb 2024

Oh, and Joe himself, along with his press secretary, insist he's fit for duty TODAY.
I don’t pay attention to the BS health reports they all release. I’ve said for a long time he shouldn’t run again. He’s not fit, and certainly not up for another four years.

I'm on record in many posts on whom I'm voting for, and it's not Trump.

Why do you continue to lie all the time?

Why won't you call out the GOP to nominate another candidate, then?

You seem to want the Dems to "fix this", but refuse to hold your old party accountable.
The "party of personal responsibility" that you won't hold to that standard.

Weird.

Nobody wants to challenge Joe until he is ready to step aside. Nobody who is objective believes he can do the job for four more years. Nobody.

He needs to step aside and there will be a number of potential candidates .

Why won't Trump "step aside"?
Why won't you and the GOP call for that?

Are you too afraid of him turning his minions on you?

Why won't you call out the GOP to nominate another candidate, then?

You seem to want the Dems to "fix this", but refuse to hold your old party accountable.
The "party of personal responsibility" that you won't hold to that standard.

Weird.
Now you are trying to put words in my mouth that I didn't say, or come close to saying.

What I have said is the democratic process should be honored. During both primaries I advocated for other candidates, Dean Phillips for Dems, and Tim Scott for the GOP.

Stop lying.

Why are you posting here instead of calling Trump to tell him to step aside?

Why isn't he emailing all the news sites questioning Biden and asking their editors to push stories to "ask Trump to step aside"?

I strongly suspect most media sites do not want to push that story, because they don't want to be firebombed by MAGAs.
OTOH, they know Biden supporters won't threaten them.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Why isn't he emailing all the news sites questioning Biden and asking their editors to push stories to "ask Trump to step aside"?

I strongly suspect most media sites do not want to push that story, because they don't want to be firebombed by MAGAs.
OTOH, they know Biden supporters won't threaten them.
We have one opportunity to take down Trump. It’s not emailing the media. It’s putting up the best possible candidate and hopefully knock Trump and MAGA out. That’s it’s.

The opinion many of us hold is Joe Biden is not that candidate.

I'm talking about all the news media sources who call for Biden to drop out, but not calling for Trump to drop out, and for the GOP to dump him.

Is this too complex for you?
No, it’s simple. It’s like you made this argument up in your head and think you’re winning it. It’s stupid. See post 100.

I know

You won't call out the GOP to replace their unfit candidate.
That's.The.Point
Why would I call out the GOP or the Dems to replace the candidates selected in the primary process? I believe in Democracy. I advocated for other candidates in the primaries. Stop moving the goalpost. Stop lying.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Why won't Trump "step aside"?
Why won't you and the GOP call for that?

Are you too afraid of him turning his minions on you?
Why would trump have to? For all of his flaws he's not a vegetable like biden. Joe clearly doesn't have a working brain atm (sorry if this statement rings a little close to home).

Unfortunately not many options. Biden, Phillips or Williamson.
Still, you had the option.

Too many people ignored what was in plain sight, trying to gaslight the American people. The White House is still trying to gaslight the American people. Two members of this forum still insist Biden is fine. Biden didn't just suddenly have dementia June 27th. There are many. many videos of Biden 'gaffes' that were ridiculed here, well before the primaries.

Still, you had the option.

Too many people ignored what was in plain sight, trying to gaslight the American people. The White House is still trying to gaslight the American people. Two members of this forum still insist Biden is fine. Biden didn't just suddenly have dementia June 27th. There are many. many videos of Biden 'gaffes' that were ridiculed here, well before the primaries.
There were no real options this year. Not surprising with an incumbent.

Reactions: torbee
Get real, please. If there were no real options before there are no real options now. We know that's not true. The puppet masters lost control of the puppet.
What are you talking about? Challenging an incumbent is political suicide. Multiple candidates stepping in to try for the nomination if the incumbent pulls out is entirely possible/likely.

Not sure what above the fray point you’re trying to make.

so the mood, effort, and your observations are what is to be celebrated.

Two turds are running for President. Let’s keep it simple.
One is effectively doing the job right now. Maybe he steps back. The conversations are being had. I'll take Joe and my party over a death cult any day of the week.

What are you talking about? Challenging an incumbent is political suicide. Multiple candidates stepping in to try for the nomination if the incumbent pulls out is entirely possible/likely.

Not sure what above the fray point you’re trying to make.
Then why are they challenging an incumbent now? You can't have it both ways. The Biden we saw on 6/27 is the same Biden we had when the primaries started. It's never been stuttering. It's always been dementia, and it's gotten worse.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Then why are they challenging an incumbent now? You can't have it both ways. The Biden we saw on 6/27 is the same Biden we had when the primaries started. It's never been stuttering. It's always been dementia, and it's gotten worse.
He doesn't have dementia. Both him and Trump are 80 year olds who can't make it an entire day. Joe is worthless after 4:00. Trump is worthless before 4:00. I will say, at least Joe uses his 4-6 hours for actual work. Trump sleeps and watches TV his work hours, then does rallies when he finally starts waking up.

• Haha
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Why would I call out the GOP or the Dems to replace the candidates selected in the primary process? I believe in Democracy.

Because "believing in Democracy" and allowing a candidate who will not follow democratic norms are mutually exclusive choices.

No, it’s simple.

Then why are there not constant headlines in conservative media circles decrying Trump as an inappropriate candidate?

You appear to be following the "regular" media sources calling out Biden, but ignoring that nearly every conservative media source continues to endorse Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT