ADVERTISEMENT

Best Donuts

Too many to name. Intown Donutz is a local favorite run by the Tan family...great people. Dough-Joe's is also good. Hole Donuts in Asheville is a one-of-a-kind place but you have to get there early - you can choose from four varieties made while you wait, they make a limited amount of dough in the am, and when they run out, they close. Vortex - also in Asheville is good. More widespread, but there's a Duck Donuts here if you like odd combos like bacon, maple, and salted caramel (and it's delicious).

Of course, for national chains, our own Krispy Kreme towers above all. :)

Started in Duck, on the Outer Banks of NC. I know they are big on the East Coast but they are spreading across the country. You order your toppings and they make them fresh for you. If they are busy enough, the donuts are made fresh as well. Maple/Bacon for the win.
F4TU4BMRK5BVDE5IA6PFNCRM6E.jpg

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Our Fareway has gotten a lot more creative lately. I usually grocery shop Monday after work when the new ad comes out and there's always a good selection of the preboxed day olds that last us the week for before school and work. I've been doing that for years but just lately they've been making a lot cooler artisan donuts.

For some next level shit there's this place in the Sarasota/Tampa area called Five-0 Donut co. The new one near our shopping area we hit up on the arrival day the week we're at our condo wasn't open yet so I still haven't had any, but take a look at some of these sweet bastards... they're literally like $6 each.

images

I won't say too many good things about Minnesota, but Minneapolis and St. Paul are on top of their donut game

Used to work at the bakery over by McKinley school in Cedar Rapids 55 years ago. Mom & pop business.
Made the donuts, long johns, Pershing's and bear claws. Nothing like a donut fresh from the hot oil and the glazing dip. Gained 15 pounds the year I worked there.

Last edited:
Started in Duck, on the Outer Banks of NC. I know they are big on the East Coast but they are spreading across the country. You order your toppings and they make them fresh for you. If they are busy enough, the donuts are made fresh as well. Maple/Bacon for the win.
F4TU4BMRK5BVDE5IA6PFNCRM6E.jpg
Been to the Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head stores for these dessert donuts. Dang good with milk or if you want a little sweet twang, lemonade. Sounds weird but goes with the bacon and maple really well.

Reactions: EagleHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT