ADVERTISEMENT

Best Donuts

HawkMachine

HR Heisman
Jul 6, 2020
IOWA
Best place to buy donuts?

I'm not a donut connoisseur but when I want a donut I go to Casey's.

White filled long john.

No homo.
NTTAWWT

My fav of the places I lived:
Remsen - Majers Foodtown (now closed)
Iowa City - Daylight
Corvallis - Benny's
Omaha - Olsen's (but Sweet Magnolia has great pastries, as well as Le Quartier)

My Mom used to make our donuts at home on the stove. She take em outta the pan full of hot oil and tossed them into varies dishes with sugar, powered sugar, cinnimon, shave coconut, butter frosting, etc. I actually prefered just a plain donut hot outta the pan, but they all were delicious.

c8a96f360d4c211243e90b27068e27e6d3c185f6b21d12d706bd79d6c464d556_1.jpg

My Mom used to make our donuts at home on the stove. She take em outta the pan full of hot oil and tossed them into varies dishes with sugar, powered sugar, cinnimon, shave coconut, butter frosting, etc. I actually prefered just a plain donut hot outta the pan, but they all were delicious.

That sounds delicious. Donuts are terrible for you and I very rarely eat them…but god damn I love them. Probably one of my favorite “sinful” foods. I’d eat them every day if I could.

I've heard of them, never seen a store though.

A coworker told me Dunkins were the best. Never been.
Dunkin are okay. Krispy Kreme are better as far as national chains go. Unfortunately for Krispy Kreme here, it's right next to Winchell's, and I'd rather go to Winchell's every time.

I’m not really a Krispy Kreme fan but if the hot light is on and the free glazed off the conveyor is being offered I’m stopping in and getting that fresh one and taking some home for other people to less satisfying donut experiences.

Hurts is just over the top sugar piled on already too much sugar. I’ve never wanted to actually go get a donut there. Just have tried them when they were brought into the office.

I like a simple glazed donut. LaMars in Kansas City was always one of my favorites.
Hurt's plain old glazed donuts are really good. They're usually not in the case at the Coralville location, but they have them. The apple fritters are HUGE, too. But the best apple fritters I've seen around are at the Gary's grocery store in Mt. Vernon. They actually had real apple chunks in them.
Dunkin' is terrible, and Casey's are worse. Ever notice that they don't have a fryer? Ya, they get frozen donuts and defrost them. Not good, bob.
Daylight Donuts is no more in IC. They got bought out by Donutland.

Reactions: mnole03
That sounds delicious. Donuts are terrible for you and I very rarely eat them…but god damn I love them. Probably one of my favorite “sinful” foods. I’d eat them every day if I could.
They were very tasty. In fact they were the best I ever had. I did one time buy a donut from a street vendor in Cardiff that came very close.

Hurts is just over the top sugar piled on already too much sugar. I’ve never wanted to actually go get a donut there. Just have tried them when they were brought into the office.

I like a simple glazed donut. LaMars in Kansas City was always one of my favorites.
We have LaMar's here in Denver as well. I love their donuts but the last time I was in there I grabbed a half dozen and it was nearly $20. F that.

I just know that at 2am, when youre hammered, a six-pack of glazers from kwiktrip goes down pretty good.

LaMars was our go to donut place when we lived in KC. Always a line on the weekends, but they were fast.

• Love
Reactions: Hawki97
I literally have not had a doughnut in years. I think I will break that streak this weekend

I don’t know the last time I had one either. I avoid them because I feel like it will be a Pringle’s situation. Once you pop, you can’t stop. It’s one of this foods that I have terrible control not eating and I don’t want to start because they’re just that bad for you.

In Waterloo it is between Rockets Bakery and Icon Donuts. The best donuts to get anywhere are Twist donuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT