ADVERTISEMENT

Best performance of the year?

FairfIowafan1984

HR All-State
Sep 7, 2016
Iowa
This team played lights out the whole game! I remember us maybe having better halfs the Purdue 2nd half and Minnesota 2nd half come to mind. But I was just so happy with this team and their swag(yes Iowa finally has a team with swag).

Can anyone remember a game we shot 25 or more threes and had a 62 percent three point percentage? I almost thought he would try and catch one of my favorite Iowa players of 3's in a game Chris Kingsbury.

With Wisconsin playing bad and us on a high maybe we are going to catch them in another bad night a pull off the upset!

The game for me that hurts the most this season is Minnesota I feel like they played so well and hard in the 2nd half only to have the refs take that game from them with 20 secs left. With that win we would be in a totally different category with 4 RPI top 30 wins and a Michigan win who I beleive will be in the 30s with their Purdue win.

I came into the season expecting nothing really hoping for a NIT at best, thinking we might not have a third scorer. Man props to Fran on this underrated recruiting class all have contributed in a huge way! Except Dailey but with him growing 6 inches his senior year of high school I figured he wouldn't contribute due to getting used to his body.

Great game iowa I predicted in a thread you would win just had a good feeling about it but you guys played great I LOVE this team!

Future big ten champs with this group! Book it!

I think Fran has done a great job this year coaching the young guys up to being competitive in the Big Ten. And, if anyone hasn't noticed by now, McCaffery can evaluate talent a little bit. :)

But here's what I'll book. We've got some years coming where we will be capable of much more than NCAA seven seeds. And with luck, we can give Big Ten Championships a very hard look. Win the thing, or Final Eight type Tournaments? Maybe. It won't be out of the question. The trick is to be consistently at that level and eventually everything falls into place.

I'll book, that we become legit contenders in the league.

I think Fran has done a great job this year coaching the young guys up to being competitive in the Big Ten. And, if anyone hasn't noticed by now, McCaffery can evaluate talent a little bit. :)

But here's what I'll book. We've got some years coming where we will be capable of much more than NCAA seven seeds. And with luck, we can give Big Ten Championships a very hard look. Win the thing, or Final Eight type Tournaments? Maybe. It won't be out of the question. The trick is to be consistently at that level and eventually everything falls into place.

I'll book, that we become legit contenders in the league.
I'm with you. Posted some similar optimism over the last weeks. Something is brewing.

Reactions: ZumaHawk and DanL53
This season I've been so relaxed because this team exceeded my expectations and I can see how hard they work and how good they will be.

What has made me mad this season is the idiots who don't understand basketball and after every loss throw the team and coaches under the bus. This place would be so great to post if the guys that did that complained to their dogs, girlfriends, or wives. And not spew out hate on here.

If you predicted this team to go to the tourney with only 1 junior and 1 senior on the team that plays then wow! Before the season I had us at 9-4 non conference and 5-13 conference. I'm so happy with this season i have only been upset after one loss and that was Minnesota and wasn't mad at the team.
Actually was a bit upset @nebraska didn't feel it was called fair either.

Last edited:
This season I've been so relaxed because this team exceeded my expectations and I can see how hard they work and how good they will be.

What has made me mad this season is the idiots who don't understand basketball and after every loss throw the team and coaches under the bus. This place would be so great to post if the guys that did the complained to their dogs, girlfriends, or wives. And not spew out hate on here.

If you predicted this team to go to the tourney with only 1 junior and 1 senior on the team that plays then wow! Before the season I had us at 9-4 non conference and 5-13 conference. I'm so happy with this season i have only been upset after one loss and that was Minnesota and wasn't mad at the team.
Actually was a bit upset @nebraska didn't feel it was called fair either.

I had us winning 20 games before the BTT. 9-4 and 11-7. I raised my guesswork up a notch after being a little low the last couple of seasons. But one thing I don't do is presume that my guesses are anything akin to an expectation.

I had us winning 20 games before the BTT. 9-4 and 11-7. I raised my guesswork up a notch after being a little low the last couple of seasons. But one thing I don't do is presume that my guesses are anything akin to an expectation.

I actually had us pretty well pegged the last two years, at 11 wins both years but was way to high on marble senior year at 12. One if these years I will get it perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT