ADVERTISEMENT

Best possible/most optimistic scenario!

Nov 30, 2008
Iowa has the following games remaining. IMO, the ABSOLUTE best we can hope for would be a 8-4 finish. Not likely, but not impossible either.

Believe it or not that puts Iowa at 9-9 in the B1G, Win 2 tourney games and they are 20-14 overall, for at least an NIT berth?

What has to happen to make a run like this?

IMO, reduce his rotations, Play Dailey at the point much more or do something to get pressure off JBO handling ball so much, bump Kriener's PT, minimize Wagner, Ellingson's, and Pemsl's PT, and perhaps play more of the 1-3-1 we saw last game.

This is still a longshot, but if all above occurs there is a chance.

Wed, Jan 17
7:00 PM ET Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Jan 20
12:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Tue, Jan 23
7:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Jan 27
8:00 PM ET Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Tue, Jan 30
9:00 PM ET Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 3
TBD Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Tue, Feb 6
9:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 10
TBD Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 14
6:30 PM ET Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 17
2:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 21
Conversation | Tickets
Sun, Feb 25

Last edited:
Sounds good It would be great to see the team finish strong and then add Joe W one of the best recruits to commit to Iowa in a long time.

Reactions: ClintBarton
Iowa has the following games remaining. IMO, the ABSOLUTE best we can hope for would be a 7-3 finish. Not likely, but not impossible either.

Believe it or not that puts Iowa at 8-8 in the B1G, Win 2 tourney games and they are 20-13 overall. for at least an NIT berth?

IMO, reduce his rotations, Play Dailey at the point much more or do something to get pressure of JBO handling ball so much, bump Kriener's PT, minimize Wagner, Ellingson's, and Pemsl's PT, and perhaps play more of the 1-3-1 we saw last game.

Wed, Jan 17

• Isn’t there 12 games left.....18 B10 games?

Iowa has the following games remaining. IMO, the ABSOLUTE best we can hope for would be a 7-3 finish. Not likely, but not impossible either.

Believe it or not that puts Iowa at 8-8 in the B1G, Win 2 tourney games and they are 20-13 overall. for at least an NIT berth?

IMO, reduce his rotations, Play Dailey at the point much more or do something to get pressure of JBO handling ball so much, bump Kriener's PT, minimize Wagner, Ellingson's, and Pemsl's PT, and perhaps play more of the 1-3-1 we saw last game.

Wed, Jan 17
7:00 PM ET Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Jan 20
12:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Tue, Jan 23
7:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Jan 27
8:00 PM ET Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Tue, Jan 30
Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 3
TBD Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Tue, Feb 6
9:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 10
TBD Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 14
6:30 PM ET Big Ten Network
Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 17
2:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 21
Conversation | Tickets
Sun, Feb 25

Iowa has 12 games left for a total of 18, not 16, B1G games.

I have Iowa going 8-4 putting on the most optimistic, black and gold colored glasses putting them at 9-9. Highly unlikely though. Would love for IA to get to 7 B1G wins but even that is going to be a stretch.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Iowa has 12 games left for a total of 18, not 16, B1G games.

I have Iowa going 8-4 putting on the most optimistic, black and gold colored glasses putting them at 9-9. Highly unlikely though. Would love for IA to get to 7 B1G wins but even that is going to be a stretch.

You are correct. My bad.

Yes....8-4 is the absolute best we could hope for from here on out and 4-8 is far more likely. Who knows? We have one more win than we did a week ago.

My prediction. Maybe I'll do better than my super homer-ish prediction before the season began and before getting to see how the team plays!

@Rutgers: W
vs. Purdue: L
vs. Wisconsin: L
@Nebraska: W
vs. Minnesota: L
@Penn State: L
vs. Michigan State: L
@Ohio State: L
@Michigan: L
vs. Indiana: W
@Minnesota: L
vs. Northwestern: L

3 - 9 and then most likely a first round exit in the BTT to keep our trend alive

Reactions: Uihawks111
If we don't beat Rutgers, then I think 8-4 is out of the question.

Dailey needs to improve a lot to make us a good team. He's still finding himself.

Currently, Minnesota has two of their best players
off the team. One was suspended and one is injured.
The Hawkeyes still play them twice and should win
both games The Hawkeyes should beat Rutgers,
Nebraska, Penn St. and Indiana for a total of 7 Big
Ten wins. It would also be nice to win our last home
game against Northwestern and make our record
at 8-10.

Reactions: Sheahawk
OMG, barely beat a team slightly worse than we are and people go nuts again. The same fools will be cursing McC and denigrating the players in another week or so. We will be fortunate to win 3 more games. Stranger things have happened, I know. But nothing has changed the near certainty we will be somewhere among the bottom three teams in the conference.

OMG, barely beat a team slightly worse than we are and people go nuts again. The same fools will be cursing McC and denigrating the players in another week or so. We will be fortunate to win 3 more games. Stranger things have happened, I know. But nothing has changed the near certainty we will be somewhere among the bottom three teams in the conference.

I will go on record stating they finish 4-14 or better.

If they could manage 4 more wins in conference that would be a decided improvement from where they are at present.
It is unlikely they win more than 5 games the rest of the year. There are no "they should win this one" on the schedule.

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
My prediction. Maybe I'll do better than my super homer-ish prediction before the season began and before getting to see how the team plays!

@Rutgers: W
vs. Purdue: L
vs. Wisconsin: L
@Nebraska: W
vs. Minnesota: L
@Penn State: L
vs. Michigan State: L
@Ohio State: L
@Michigan: L
vs. Indiana: W
@Minnesota: L
vs. Northwestern: L

3 - 9 and then most likely a first round exit in the BTT to keep our trend alive

Well... there goes one of my W’s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT