ADVERTISEMENT

Best TV news in a long time: John Stewart back on TDS!

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

I’m kinda mixed on this. It will be entertaining and probably will be a step up from the new talent rotation and we have to be all in on beating the spray tanned fascist oaf. Does everyone on the left have to be a hanger on from ages ago?

I’m kinda mixed on this. It will be entertaining and probably will be a step up from the new talent rotation and we have to be all in on beating the spray tanned fascist oaf. Does everyone on the left have to be a hanger on from ages ago?
His Gen X sensibility is what made the show so good. He is cynical and snarky and politically incorrect enough to not feel nearly as insufferable and overly earnest as many Millenial and Gen Z liberal/progressives do.

That is the magic formula that made the Daily Show so good IMO.

Why is Jon Stewart leaving Apple TV?

The New York Times reported last month that Stewart's show on Apple's streaming service was ending, the result of creative differences. The newspaper said Stewart told members of his staff that potential show topics related to China and artificial intelligence were causing concern to Apple executives.

Unless I misunderstood the joke, sounds like Jordan Klepper might be the future permanent host? He’s the natural choice at this point after all his correspondent work.

Unless I misunderstood the joke, sounds like Jordan Klepper might be the future permanent host? He’s the natural choice at this point after all his correspondent work.

Jordan is hosting Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, this week. Another news team member either Roy, Ronnie, Dulce, Desi or one of the others will host those days next week.

Last edited:
Should've been. Noah, though not his fault, was not the right host and Roy Wood and Klepper saved it.

Found it interesting that Jon talked mainly about Biden than Trump. He spends an entire show talking about how the media and DNC has let their jobs lapse by not bringing up Biden's age constantly leaving us with a candidate whose mental state we all have to worry about and now we are 9 months away. He talks about how this criticism is just as valid as Trump's insane rants and his cognitive decline. This is the mutual liberals vs conservatives debate that has been missing since 2015. Glad Jon can provide a nuanced perspective. And when he talks, people listen.

He absolutely killed it. Said exactly what I said yesterday to @auntie_fah

“When the barbarians are at the gates, you need Conan on the gates to defend them. Not ‘Chocolate Chip Cookie Guy’.”

I’m sure many will suddenly fall out of love with Stewart much like they did Maher after he dared speak the truth (uncomfortable to many) on many issues.

Reactions: TennNole17
He absolutely killed it. Said exactly what I said yesterday to @auntie_fah

“When the barbarians are at the gates, you need Conan on the gates to defend them. Not ‘Chocolate Chip Cookie Guy’.”
when you say this to me?

For the record, id rather not have biden. But you right wing dipshits seem to take any slip up or miscue of him being a dementia riddled, senile pudding brain while excusing Trumps verbal diarrhea as him just joking, him not being serious or the libs just taking what he says rhe wrong way.

November will be Trump or Biden.

You can wish in one hand and shit in another that it wont be, but it will despite your side blaming dems for a possible trump presidency because the incumbant president is running for re-election, when your side completely has had multiple time to rid themselves of their trump problem and have epically shit the bed.

Im done with the “ill vote for neither” or “the dems gave me no choice” or whatever excuse you want to use, tol find any reason to shit on the dem candidate while your side still props up the authoritarian.

As i told you in the other thread

Get bent.

when you say this to me?

For the record, id rather not have biden. But you right wing dipshits seem to take any slip up or miscue of him being a dementia riddled, senile pudding brain while excusing Trumps verbal diarrhea as him just joking, him not being serious or the libs just taking what he says rhe wrong way.

November will be Trump or Biden.

You can wish in one hand and shit in another that it wont be, but it will despite your side blaming dems for a possible trump presidency because the incumbant president is running for re-election, when your side completely has had multiple time to rid themselves of their trump problem and have epically shit the bed.

Im done with the “ill vote for neither” or “the dems gave me no choice” or whatever excuse you want to use, tol find any reason to shit on the dem candidate while your side still props up the authoritarian.

As i told you in the other thread

Get bent.
When I said this and you did the cowardly laugh emoji.

“And I’m tired of people saying that Trump is an existential (barbarians at the gate) threat then being happy with the worst possible candidate (chocolate chip cookie guy) being put up to beat him. You can either say it’s really important to beat Trump or you can run Biden against him. You can’t do both.”

But you’re not interested in the truth or reality, so there’s no point. There isn’t a crow bar big enough to pry your head out of your ass.

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
. You can either say it’s really important to beat Trump or you can run Biden against him. You can’t do both.”
Ffs, we were told all the same crap about why biden cant beat trump 4 years ago (biden is afraid to leave his basement)

Get wrekt

Reactions: HawkMD
Ffs, we were told all the same crap about why biden cant beat trump 4 years ago (biden is afraid to leave his basement)

Get wrekt
Confirming that you choose to remain ignorant. I mean no need to pay attention to EVERY poll on top of video footage of almost 90% of Americans saying he’s too mentally deficient to keep going. Those weren’t the numbers 4 years ago.

Good luck with your top choice to defeat Trump.

Get wrekt
Biden is a shell of the man he was 4 years ago.

He could actually stand on a stage and push back during Debates, though he knew the incoming questions, could you imagine Joe Biden on a debate stage now?

Biden is a shell of the man he was 4 years ago.

He could actually stand on a stage and push back during Debates, though he knew the incoming questions, could you imagine Joe Biden on a debate stage now?

And Trump is more off his rocker than he was 4 yrs ago. All the people hand wringing about biden just blow off all of trumps deficiencies, and defend his words that he is just joking, or he doesnt mean what he says, or the libs are taking it the wrong way.

With all that said, its going to be biden vs trump, no matter how you feel about it. Say whatever you need to to justify your “i dont support trump, but the dems have given me no choice” vote

Reactions: HawkMD
Confirming that you choose to remain ignorant. I mean no need to pay attention to EVERY poll on top of video footage of almost 90% of Americans saying he’s too mentally deficient to keep going. Those weren’t the numbers 4 years ago.

Good luck with your top choice to defeat Trump.
If this country votes for Trump over biden, we will get what we deserve. Yet somehow it will all be the dems fault. Not the fault of those that are currently in the process of nominating trump.

GFY

If this country votes for Trump over biden, we will get what we deserve. Yet somehow it will all be the dems fault. Not the fault of those that are currently in the process of nominating trump.

GFY
Glad you’re admitting the stark difference between you and people who love America. Your number one concern is whose fault it will be when Trump is elected. Our number one concern is making sure Trump isn’t elected.

Very Nero of you.

Not to mention you’ll also be blaming those who don’t vote for Trump OR Biden.

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
From Jon Stewart’s old HBO show

Did the COVID Stimulus Cause Inflation? | The Problem With Jon Stewart

Glad you’re admitting the stark difference between you and people who love America. Your number one concern is whose fault it will be when Trump is elected. Our number one concern is making sure Trump isn’t elected.

Very Nero of you.

Not to mention you’ll also be blaming those who don’t vote for Trump OR Biden.
If thats your takeaway from my comments, you are a moron.

Its going to be trump vs biden in november.

Who are you voting for?

If you say you are voting for neither, your argument about your concern about Trump not getting elected is bullshit.

You should be currently going after the republican voters who are currently selecting trump as their nominee.

My GFY stands

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT