ADVERTISEMENT

Beth Goetz

Indiana (as a whole) makes Iowa look progressive. That's really, really tough to do.
See you are trying to conflate national politics with urban environments vs rural environments. it doesn’t work that way, Southern Illinois is not Chicago.

See you are trying to conflate national politics with urban environments vs rural environments. it doesn’t work that way, Southern Illinois is not Chicago.
No, it's that you originally stated diversity but you meant urban apparently. The two are not the same as I'm sure you're aware. Urban, yes, Indianapolis is that. Diverse, no, Indianapolis is not in comparison to most cities in the United States.

I will say that Indianapolis is probably one of the more unique cities that carries over it's rural sentiment willingly so despite it being over a million people, I would argue it's actually very conservative in terms of ideology whereas cities usually are standalones in sentiment for their respective states. Iowa City is a standalone for Iowa obviously.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. If she wants to move there, that's fine. I couldn't care less. If she believes it's diverse and cultured, that's fine. I don't believe it so but I'm not her nor in her position.

I went to school out at Pike Township back when it wasn't the ghetto in '98. Worked at FedEx and the Airport after school until joining the Navy in '01. Left, and now I only have to go back yearly to visit family. Don't miss it at all.
Navy? That is dicey. I for sure still have a love/hate relationship with the Army but at least I can say that I wasn't in the Air Force.

BRIAN needs the offense to score 42.25 points per game over the next 4 games. Barta or no Barta, he needs to take the honorable step of resigning. He's not helping anyone
The story goes that Fry told Ferentz when he was hired that he should build a moat around his home. It might be a good time to start that project.

Navy? That is dicey. I for sure still have a love/hate relationship with the Army but at least I can say that I wasn't in the Air Force.
What, Air Force is where it's at. They never leave service because it's so nice! They sit on their asses, work out, and stay in country more often than not. Plus, you're not around as many idiots 24/7 as we were (although they have their fair share still). But yeah, generally speaking, Air Force are a bunch of pussies overall, you're right lol.

I just wanted the GI Bill and 9/11 just happened so I figured, why the hell not? I wanted to be a Marine because of my youthful hubris but my brother was a Navy recruiter in Chicago at the time and convinced my naive ass that none of them would recruit me because he had contact with all of the marine recruiters in the midwest. I was gullible so I believed him. Never wanted to be in the Navy honestly but yeah, there are days I miss it. It was easy and you knew your role unlike the civilian world where you seemingly step on everyone's toes all the time.

When did you serve? Why the hell in the army?

• Haha
Reactions: Garbanzo Joe
No, it's that you originally stated diversity but you meant urban apparently. The two are not the same as I'm sure you're aware. Urban, yes, Indianapolis is that. Diverse, no, Indianapolis is not in comparison to most cities in the United States.

I will say that Indianapolis is probably one of the more unique cities that carries over it's rural sentiment willingly so despite it being over a million people, I would argue it's actually very conservative in terms of ideology whereas cities usually are standalones in sentiment for their respective states. Iowa City is a standalone for Iowa obviously.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. If she wants to move there, that's fine. I couldn't care less. If she believes it's diverse and cultured, that's fine. I don't believe it so but I'm not her nor in her position.
If Beth and her wife don’t like living in Iowa, I don’t take personal,offense to that. I don’t see why they couldn’t live in the quad cities and commute. not that far from Chicago,

Beth is making 650k a year, if her wife is gonna hold her back then maybe she should join the first wives club.
No kidding. I don't know anything about this situation (I seriously doubt that anyone posting her really does), but anyone putting pressure on their partner to not take an opportunity of a lifetime because they don't like the choice of restaurants in the area, the people talk or look funny, it gets too cold, etc. is being extremely selfish, and probably an indication that the relationship ain't gonna work, anyway.

No kidding. I don't know anything about this situation (I seriously doubt that anyone posting her really does), but anyone putting pressure on their partner to not take an opportunity of a lifetime because they don't like the choice of restaurants in the area, the people talk or look funny, it gets too cold, etc. is being extremely selfish, and probably an indication that the relationship ain't gonna work, anyway.
oh yea, let’s call Beths wife selfish. try not to Be such a douche. like Iowa is Chicago or New York.

oh yea, let’s call Beths wife selfish. try not to Be such a douche. like Iowa is Chicago or New York.
At least I'm not pretending to know them and what they're thinking, like it's supposed to be "common knowledge."

Iowa City is a fun college town. You're acting like it's middle of nowhere North Dakota.

My point still stands. Every single person I know who took or didn't take a job based solely on making their partner happy is absolutely miserable with the decision.

Imagine it’s the early mid 2000s and Bob Bowlsby is still AD and Iowa fans are worried about Kirk going to the NFL.

And I tell you that Kirk will still be at Iowa in 2023 winning games because of a 26-year-old Australian punter, but we’re hoping an interim AD fires his son for literally having the worst offense in America and then convinces her lesbian wife to choose $650K a year to stay in Iowa City over moving an hour away from Indianapolis.

We’d all be convinced there were flying cars in 2023 as well.

Just move to Indy and report back in about a year. It isn't at all what you think it is. Yes they have more Subaru dealerships but that is about it. I would also note that that Indiana pork tenderloin sandwich are inferior to what you get in Iowa.

The real question here is what is the great job that Beth is going to score in Indiana so that her significant other soak up all that sweet Indy diversity? Martin University? Franklin College? Wabash College?
Could you explain the connection between Subaru and diversity/perceived diversity? I am intrigued.

You know what you have to do.
i-dont-know-kylo-ren.gif

Heck I don’t know if I’m going to go
“through another rebuild.” College sports is beginning to affect me the way the pros did.
I’m not boycotting, I’m just losing interest.
Totally agree! Becoming completely apathetic about all sports really except golf.

Every thing I know about lesbians I learned from HGTV. They love open concept, vaulted ceilings, granite counter tops and a large fenced in back yard for the dogs. We've built hundreds of homes like that here in the Tri-County, no problem...
So with Beth and her spouse are we talking lipstick lesbos or butch dykes?

Why what?

I wanted him to better explain why he thought BG, who has gotten the highest of praise from coaches and administrators everywhere who know her and are familiar with her work and abilities, would be a horrible hire. He gave a lame answer, as expected; almost certainly just a misogynist.

Are you lost or something?

Reactions: littlez
On Monday 10-23 Beth should call in Kirk and tell him that she's going to release Brian at the end of the season. She can do that as BF reports to her. Then she should call in BF and tell him the same.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Nothing is going to happen during the season. It may not happen before the bowl game. Absolutely nothing will happen while Goetz still has the interim tag next to her name.
This could all be one huge power play by the University to get rid of everyone and not have to pay a huge buyout. Goetz doesn't fire Brian because they make it to the BTCG and a January Bowl Game. Then they don't name her full time AD because she mishandled the whole contract fiasco. She and her unhappy wife leave for Indianapolis with a quiet, friendly little six-figure "thank you" from the University. Kirk goes to the new AD and wants Brian signed to another contract, this time without the stupid public incentives. The new AD says no so Kirk takes his little notepad and scribbles a letter of resignation. The U is off the hook for his huge payout and the new AD gets to scale back the influence of the football program just in time for the Big Ten to become a lot more competitive and just in time to make excuses for going 5-7 for the foreseeable future.

Nothing is going to happen during the season. It may not happen before the bowl game. Absolutely nothing will happen while Goetz still has the interim tag next to her name.
This could all be one huge power play by the University to get rid of everyone and not have to pay a huge buyout. Goetz doesn't fire Brian because they make it to the BTCG and a January Bowl Game. Then they don't name her full time AD because she mishandled the whole contract fiasco. She and her unhappy wife leave for Indianapolis with a quiet, friendly little six-figure "thank you" from the University. Kirk goes to the new AD and wants Brian signed to another contract, this time without the stupid public incentives. The new AD says no so Kirk takes his little notepad and scribbles a letter of resignation. The U is off the hook for his huge payout and the new AD gets to scale back the influence of the football program just in time for the Big Ten to become a lot more competitive and just in time to make excuses for going 5-7 for the foreseeable future.
Those contract goals for BF was a stupid idea by the acting AD. It made Iowa look stupid. It was a no win situation for her. All she accomplished was to bring ridicule to the Iowa football program.

Those contract goals for BF was a stupid idea by the acting AD. It made Iowa look stupid. It was a no win situation for her. All she accomplished was to bring ridicule to the Iowa football program.
Wtf are you talking about?

The goals were set by Barta. King of the worst Athletics Director decisions.

This point per game goal of Brian's may crack the top 10 of his worst decisions. Hiring Lickliter and cratering the basketball program is #1, and nothing comes close.

The goals were set by Barta. King of the worst Athletics Director decisions.

This point per game goal of Brian's may crack the top 10 of his worst decisions. Hiring Lickliter and cratering the basketball program is #1, and nothing comes close.
Giving Kirk a contract until 2029 is right up there. He’ll be 74 years old by then. Can’t even imagine 6 more years of this kind of football.

Reactions: Bierhalter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT