ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s use of fake names in email could cost him

How many times does this need to be explained to you? It doesn’t matter if there is a “smoking gun.” It doesn’t matter what you think is or is not in the emails. They are required by law to release the emails and they are refusing to comply with the law.

Why is that so difficult for you guys to understand?
So you don't actually care about the content of the emails? What's the point then?

So you don't actually care about the content of the emails? What's the point then?
If that’s the best counterpoint you can summon then you would have been better off just not responding.

The point is that emails sent or received by White House officials in the course of doing their jobs are subject to FOIA requests and congressional inquiries. Congress and the American people have a right to know what’s in those emails. That’s the law. You don’t get to decide whether you think their reason for asking is good enough.

Here’s the thing - no matter what’s in the emails; this is the equivalent of giving the GOP a cookie, they will latch on to one line or comment in one of the emails and demand something else based on that.

You say you want transparency, I say Comer and do don’t actually care and just want to create the appearance of criminal behavior.
Doesn’t matter what Comer and the R’s want. What matters is transparency from our elected officials.

You talk about appearances. Well stonewalling doesn’t give a “good appearance”.

If that’s the best counterpoint you can summon then you would have been better off just not responding.

The point is that emails sent or received by White House officials in the course of doing their jobs are subject to FOIA requests and congressional inquiries. Congress and the American people have a right to know what’s in those emails. That’s the law. You don’t get to decide whether you think their reason for asking is good enough.
But you just said that a smoking gun doesn't matter. So what's the point? Request them, read them, then find nothing? Seems like a big waste of time.

Doesn’t matter what Comer and the R’s want. What matters is transparency from our elected officials.

It’s my understanding that the committee has had the emails since June. Comer is requesting unredacted emails.

It’s my understanding that the committee has had the emails since June. Comer is requesting unredacted emails.
it’s my understanding that it’s both unredacted and new emails.

On the unredacted emails a lot depends on how much and what was redacted…

Rs wasting time on yet another empty investigation is what doesn't give a good appearance. They get the emails. They contain nothing. And then what? Scour another fruitless road? It's stupid, bins. We're only seeing the Rs lurch from one conspiracy theory to another all the whole avoiding finding solutions to the real problems of this country. Hell the Rs still don't have a fix for inflation yet. What happened to that?

I would also point out the disingenuousness of Comer, the Committee and RW media suggesting the alternative emails were unique to Biden and not a common practice tracing back to Bush and Clinton.

Rs wasting time on yet another empty investigation is what doesn't give a good appearance. They get the emails. They contain nothing. And then what? Scour another fruitless road? It's stupid, bins. We're only seeing the Rs lurch from one conspiracy theory to another all the whole avoiding finding solutions to the real problems of this country. Hell the Rs still don't have a fix for inflation yet. What happened to that?
If they contain nothing then hammer R’s with their pointless investigation.

Stonewalling just gives the allegations fuel.

Transparency was promised.

Biden plans to “bring transparency and truth back to the government to share the truth, even when it’s hard to hear,”

But you just said that a smoking gun doesn't matter. So what's the point? Request them, read them, then find nothing? Seems like a big waste of time.
Congratulations, Huey. You have achieved a level of partisan delusion so absolute that you literally are arguing Joe Biden shouldn’t have to bother complying with federal law if he thinks it’s a waste of time.

How did you let yourself get to this point?

It may very well be a nothing burger. There is just way too much information that is in the public domain that points to the fact there was influence peddling and Joe was involved.

There would be zero justification for VP Biden to be emailing Hunter and his business associates from an alias email account . It is worth looking into.

Politicians are crooks….both sides
O RLY?

Care to link to those facts so we can all get up to speed on this?

I'm going to call it early though, you're likely full of crap because if your above statement was true the story would be huge, but I'm sure you have some narrative of how this is all being suppressed and ignored by the MSM.
BAU

Congratulations, Huey. You have achieved a level of partisan delusion so absolute that you literally are arguing Joe Biden shouldn’t have to bother complying with federal law if he thinks it’s a waste of time.

How did you let yourself get to this point?
So far Biden has complied, dumbass. Comer has the emails. He found nothing so is now making new demands. Your arguments get dumber by the minute in this thread.

So far Biden has complied, dumbass. Comer has the emails. He found nothing so is now making new demands. Your arguments get dumber by the minute in this thread.
He has complied with some requests. Your own link states that he has not yet complied with requests that were made three weeks ago. And you are arguing quite passionately that he shouldn’t have to.

O RLY?

Care to link to those facts so we can all get up to speed on this?

I'm going to call it early though, you're likely full of crap because if your above statement was true the story would be huge, but I'm sure you have some narrative of how this is all being suppressed and ignored by the MSM.
BAU

The msm has zero interest in the story. Remember the Washington post columnist interview a couple weeks ago?

Dworman asked, "What do you take from the text message to his adult daughter – Hunter’s text message – ‘I have to give 50% of my income to pop." Bump declared, "I have no idea what that means. I don’t. I have no idea what that means."

They have the text messages. They have uncovered the 20+ shell companies that Hunter set up. The testimony for his business partners.

The puzzle pieces are all right there

He has complied with some requests. Your own link states that he has not yet complied with requests that were made three weeks ago. And you are arguing quite passionately that he shouldn’t have to.
Huey isn’t a fan of transparency.

The msm has zero interest in the story. Remember the Washington post columnist interview a couple weeks ago?

Dworman asked, "What do you take from the text message to his adult daughter – Hunter’s text message – ‘I have to give 50% of my income to pop." Bump declared, "I have no idea what that means. I don’t. I have no idea what that means."

They have the text messages. They have uncovered the 20+ shell companies that Hunter set up. The testimony for his business partners.

The puzzle pieces are all right there

You (and others) keep claiming that the evidence is just right there in front of all of us, we just have to piece it together like it's some complex jigsaw. If this were accurate we would surely see charges and indictments if criminal acts were committed, no? Everyone on the case is a moron then? It's extremely hard to fathom such a situation where a drug addled son and his mentally declining father have outwitted every agency and organization that's on the case. Dark Brandon will never be apprehended apparently?

I believe in this case Occam's Razor does indeed apply. There's likely nothing there except for wishful thinking by those who endeavor to stain Biden.

You are just going off of what he has reported...

So jelly jars stuffed with $100 bills buried on the estates? Are you implying that you have a more accurate report?

Also, realize that more than half of Biden's reported net worth of $8M are his real estate holdings. That makes his liquid capital even less impressive, but he's filthy rich. Sure sure.

And Huey’s argument is that Biden should disregard the request.
I believe that was in response to the OP’s suggestion that Biden was “stonewalling” and there was a “lack of transparency.” Of course, OP’s understanding of the facts have been faulty

“Doesn’t matter what Comer and the R’s want. What matters is transparency from our elected officials.

You talk about appearances. Well stonewalling doesn’t give a “good appearance”.’

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I don't know if the e-mails in question will show anything illegal or improper, or not, so I'm not ready to jump to any conclusions.

For those defending the use of fake e-mail addresses, what is a legitimate reason for Biden to do that?

You (and others) keep claiming that the evidence is just right there in front of all of us, we just have to piece it together like it's some complex jigsaw. If this were accurate we would surely see charges and indictments if criminal acts were committed, no? Everyone on the case is a moron then? It's extremely hard to fathom such a situation where a drug addled son and his mentally declining father have outwitted every agency and organization that's on the case. Dark Brandon will never be apprehended apparently?

I believe in this case Occam's Razor does indeed apply. There's likely nothing there except for wishful thinking by those who endeavor to stain Biden.
The discovery of the 20 plus shell corporations was just released as part of the whistleblower testimony.

The GOP is in discovery mode. They have little bits and pieces of texts and comments that point them in the direction that Joe was involved. They have the emails where the business partners tell each other that Joe wants it discussed in private face to face only. They have the testimony of the business partner.

This NARA request is to see if Joe emailed Hunter or Archer in regard last to foreign policy that can be tied back to Hunters businesses.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
It doesn’t matter what you think Comer’s motives are or what you think he will move on to next. The bottom line is that if the Vice President of the United States used aliases and alternate email addresses to conduct official business then those emails are subject to FOIA requests and congressional inquiries. It’s really just that simple.

They may be subject to Congressional oversight; they are not subject to FOIA requests. Never have been.

I don't know if the e-mails in question will show anything illegal or improper, or not, so I'm not ready to jump to any conclusions.

For those defending the use of fake e-mail addresses, what is a legitimate reason for Biden to do that?

Per published memo going all the way back to 2013, high level used different emails to avoid hackers and spammers flooding their Inbox.

Which post did he say Biden should not comply?
All the ones where he insisted there’s no point in complying because it’s a waste of time and Republicans will just keep making new requests. So basically about 75% of his posts in this thread.

All the ones where he insisted there’s no point in complying because it’s a waste of time and Republicans will just keep making new requests. So basically about 75% of his posts in this thread.
LOL - here we go. The TJ Twist! It goes from "should not comply" to "no point in complying". Classic.

Still, I don't see anywhere that Huey suggests anything other than this is a waste of time. Nothing about non-compliance. Can you point out where he stated anything about compliance other than where he correctly said to you: "So far Biden has complied, dumbass."?

Reactions: Huey Grey
Per published memo going all the way back to 2013, high level used different emails to avoid hackers and spammers flooding their Inbox.
Thanks. I just saw the Reason article that explains this the way you did. It seems that a .gov email address is required though, and 2 of the accounts in question are gmail accounts.. I think if those are used, the e-mails must be forwarded to an official government account if the e-mail relates to any official business.

I'll wait to see if there's anything improper or illegal on any of the e-mails. It's reasonable for Joe and Hunter to communicate on a personal level. I think we know by now they had other things going on, but there's just smoke at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT