ADVERTISEMENT

"Biden does not even KNOW my child’s name – it’s pathetic! If you are going to say her name (even when forced to do so) at least say the right name!"

Come on man. You’ve proven to be an intelligent person. Don’t sink to this level. You know this is comparing apples to bowling balls.
Agree. Not the same.

But you have to admit the outrage pretty much depends on political affiliation to a large degree.

Oh ffs. We've got native born citizens shooting up schools, malls, grocery stores, churches but we can't do anything about that. Women are in far greater danger from their intimate partners than they are from illegal immigrants. Hell, I would be willing to wager that they are more likely to be killed in childbirth than by an illegal immigrant. But maga sure as hell doesn't care about that.

Oh ffs. We've got native born citizens shooting up schools, malls, grocery stores, churches but we can't do anything about that. Women are in far greater danger from their intimate partners than they are from illegal immigrants. Hell, I would be willing to wager that they are more likely to be killed in childbirth than by an illegal immigrant. But maga sure as hell doesn't care about that.
I get your point but you’d probably feel differently if it was your kid.

In addition, he shouldn’t have been in the country. He should have been deported.

Reactions: Panic1769
You don’t give a shit about her or any kids that get gunned down in schools.

Get ****ed with this fake passion.
I am probably the most outspoken critic of the trans terrorism epidemic on this forum and have called for much stricter mental health screenings and new sale restrictions on firearms than most of the left has called for even.

"Other problems are statistically worse so why do people even care about illegals murdering citizens so much?" Is quite the take. Even for this forum.

In addition, he shouldn’t have been in the country. He should have been deported.
Yes, if it was her kid, your kid, my kid we all would be irrational.

The fact is that it is more likely someone dies from a US citizens but that isn’t what will win you an election.

Yes, if it was her kid, your kid, my kid we all would be irrational.

The fact is that it is more likely someone dies from a US citizens but that isn’t what will win you an election.
Dude should have been deported.

"Other problems are statistically worse so why do people even care about illegals murdering citizens so much?" Is quite the take. Even for this forum.
No. But we should care more about the issues that affect far more people. I'd 1000 times rather we focus on hiring the number of people needed to handle the number of people wanting to come to the US than I would demonize the people coming as if they are all violent criminals.

Dude should have been deported.
100% agree

But, if we are going to address violence in the country and want to only do it for illegal immigrants, we are only impacting a small portion of it. That is what 3boysmom is saying. You get that, right?

Also, violent crimes in the US is at one of the lowest levels in the last 50 years.

Reactions: 3boysmom
100% agree

But, if we are going to address violence in the country and want to only do it for illegal immigrants, we are only impacting a small portion of it. That is what 3boysmom is saying. You get that, right?

Also, violent crimes in the US is at one of the lowest levels in the last 50 years.
I never said I only wanted to address the violence of illegal immigrants so there’s nothing to “get”.

Last edited:

I'm sure I would be inconsolable if it were my kid. We absolutely need reforms in how we process and handle immigrants and asylum seekers. But this year republicans are more worried about keeping Biden's approval rating down than they are about immigration reform. So all of this "say her name" is just bullshit on their part. Put their money where their mouth is.

I'm sure I would be inconsolable if it were my kid. We absolutely need reforms in how we process and handle immigrants and asylum seekers. But this year republicans are more worried about keeping Biden's approval rating down than they are about immigration reform. So all of this "say her name" is just bullshit on their part. Put their money where their mouth is.

Then pass H.R.2.

Reactions: Scruddy
Americans are no longer with us because of the Democrats approach to immigration. From the encouraging of the surge, the cancellation of Trump EOs, the flippant and reckless use of parole at the border, the severe limitations put forward on deportations to the ignoring of ICE detainers by sanctuary cities and officials, it's clear where the blame lays.

H.R.2 is an inadequate bill with wasteful spending and fails to address many critical components needed to address our immigration issues.
A comprehensive bill that addresses all key components of immigration needs to be submitted without trivial drivel so this issue can finally be addressed.
Democrats want as many as 5,000 per day to continue to flow into the U.S. with no timeline on when that would stop.

Republicans want to close the border, with whatever means necessary. And start deporting as many as possible.

The problem with allowing the flow to continue is that we are already past the capacity we can handle. Resources are overwhelmed. While the Senate bill addresses some of this, it doesn’t stop the flow. Court dates for asylum cases are already 4 years out. We don’t have enough affordable housing for those that are here. This is a financial nightmare for our country, as well as states, cities, school systems, healthcare, etc.

Democrats want as many as 5,000 per day to continue to flow into the U.S. with no timeline on when that would stop.

Republicans want to close the border, with whatever means necessary. And start deporting as many as possible.

The problem with allowing the flow to continue is that we are already past the capacity we can handle. Resources are overwhelmed. While the Senate bill addresses some of this, it doesn’t stop the flow. Court dates for asylum cases are already 4 years out. We don’t have enough affordable housing for those that are here. This is a financial nightmare for our country, as well as states, cities, school systems, healthcare, etc.

Republicans or Democrats have never presented a bill that was serious about addressing illegal immigration. Republicans H.R.2 is an example of less than a serious desire to "close" the borer with whatever means necessary. H.R.2 does not do enough to stop the flow and fails to address major issues associated with the reason illegal immigrants and asylum seekers come to the US

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT