ADVERTISEMENT

Biden officials weigh giving Ukraine weapons without replacing U.S. stocks right away or waiting for Congress funds

The extent to which you and your side are willing to go for a political victory...

Placing America's military readiness in jeopardy. A new low for the left.

America’s military readiness is rooted in the overwhelming technology and capabilities of our planes, ships, submarines, missiles, bombs and satellites. And in the training of our world elite armed forces. It has far less to do with small arms ammunition and howitzer rounds. Your post is laughable.

Why couldn't they just take the seized Russian assets, liquidate them, and send the proceeds to Ukraine?
It has been proposed and guess who is against it?

I'll give you three guesses but one of them rhymes with Land Mall. It went through a Senate Panel with a 20-1 in favor vote.

Reactions: torbee
It has been proposed and guess who is against it?

I'll give you three guesses but one of them rhymes with Land Mall. It went through a Senate Panel with a 20-1 in favor vote.

Can I still donate to his neighbor's legal defense fund?

Reactions: GES4
There is no reason other than they must be getting a kickback from the giant money laundering scheme.
you'd think with the sheer number of things are apparently related to kickbacks or the giant money laundering scheme that the people who've been investigating for over a year would have been able to find even one singular piece of evidence

joe biden is simultaneously a dementia-ridden non-functional elderly man and a criminal genius that constantly outsmarts an entire political party who's only mission since jan 2021 has been to catch him doing...something

12 million illegals say hi. If you're actually claiming that Ukraine on the other half of the world is a higher priority than millions of unvetted illegals invading our country then I think you're having a pot/kettle moment with your insult.
We USED to be a country that could do both at once and do a great job of it.
In WWII we didn’t have a choice. What happened?

America’s military readiness is rooted in the overwhelming technology and capabilities of our planes, ships, submarines, missiles, bombs and satellites. And in the training of our world elite armed forces. It has far less to do with small arms ammunition and howitzer rounds. Your post is laughable.

With your logic then there's no need to maintain a stockpile.

We don’t talk about this ever but there will be a serious issue after this war is over. Both countries have lost a ton of men ages 18-50.

I’ll be willing to sign up for humanitarian reasons to fly over there and assist with rebuilding the population of both countries. I’ll bring plenty of bullets.

We don’t talk about this ever but there will be a serious issue after this war is over. Both countries have lost a ton of men ages 18-50.

I’ll be willing to sign up for humanitarian reasons to fly over there and assist with rebuilding the population of both countries. I’ll bring plenty of bullets.
This is going to be crippling to both countries for a generation or more

the more i learn about the underpinnings of the ukraine war, the more in awe i get about george lucas and dave filoni for their clone wars storyline. i have no doubt equivalents exist irl for most of those characters.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Johnson needs to grow a pair and bring it to a vote....

After months of protecting stockpiles in the name of readiness, Pentagon officials are now warming to accepting some risk to U.S. readiness to keep Ukraine in the fight.

Biden administration officials met Tuesday at the Pentagon to discuss ways to fill some of Ukraine’s urgent needs for artillery and ammunition quickly, including possibly drawing down U.S. stockpiles without replenishing them immediately or without waiting for more money from Congress, say two senior administration officials and a congressional official.

In the meeting, officials discussed various ways the Pentagon could resupply critical artillery and ammunition that Ukraine is expected to run out of soon, even while the White House’s request for new funding from Congress remains stalled, the officials said. No decisions have been made, according to the officials.

The discussions reflect growing alarm in the administration that Ukraine is poised to run out of key weaponry in the next few weeks, including 155 mm artillery rounds and air defense munitions.

Not all administration officials support the idea of sending a tranche of aid to Ukraine as a stopgap move, however. Some administration and congressional officials are concerned that such a move could imperil White House negotiations with Congress, particularly House Republican leaders, to get roughly $60 billion in new Ukraine aid through the chamber. Other officials are wary of the idea because it could put the U.S. military’s stockpiles below levels that are considered necessary for sufficient readiness.

But after months of fiercely protecting stockpiles in the name of military readiness, Pentagon officials are now warming to the idea of accepting some risk to U.S. readiness in order to keep Ukraine in the fight.

A spokesperson for the White House National Security Council said, "We are focused on urging the House of Representatives to pass the national security supplemental package as soon as possible. Ukraine needs the full resources in that package and Speaker Johnson should put it to a vote, where it would overwhelmingly pass, since there is no other way to fully meet Ukraine's needs."

In a statement, a Pentagon spokesperson said, “The DoD continues to urge Congress to pass a supplemental to support Ukraine in its time of need and to replenish our stocks.”

At his core I think Joe still believes in the system and is counting on Johnson to act responsibly. He is a career legislator and doesn’t want to act unilaterally on this.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
you'd think with the sheer number of things are apparently related to kickbacks or the giant money laundering scheme that the people who've been investigating for over a year would have been able to find even one singular piece of evidence

joe biden is simultaneously a dementia-ridden non-functional elderly man and a criminal genius that constantly outsmarts an entire political party who's only mission since jan 2021 has been to catch him doing...something
The no evidence crowd. You're still trying that tactic? I bet you think OJ was innocent too. You think Epstien killed himself too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT