ADVERTISEMENT

Biden tells NAACP dinner: Trump is out 'for revenge,' not to lead country

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Personally I think this is a very effective line of attack for "undecided" voters. I know that's a very small cadre of voters but this election looks to be close.

First time I've seen Joe bring it up so that's why I posted.

The "threat to democracy" line is baked into the cake as it's been used relentlessly.

One of the main reasons I'm not voting for Don is I don't want a "revenge tour" president and I'm confident that's what we'd see. Nothing good will come from that. Joe should make this a staple of his stump speeches.

Detroit — Democratic President Joe Biden told a crowd in Detroit Sunday night that Republican Donald Trump is out for "revenge" and would pose a bigger threat to the country in his second term than he did in his first.

Biden made the remarks during a speech at the NAACP Detroit Branch's 69th annual Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner inside Huntington Place, where he pivoted between touting his own policies and blasting his GOP opponent five months before the November election.

"Folks, Trump isn't running to lead America," Biden said at one point. "He is running for revenge. Revenge is no way to lead the country. You can't build a future on revenge."

What do you think we're seeing right now? Is it not a revenge tour. The hush money was from years ago and then all the sudden in the lead up to the election we have charges and a trial.
I'm not a fan of the Bragg case, I think it's dubious and politically motivated.

That said...Trump will be on a balls to the wall revenge tour if elected and I see nothing good coming from that.

For me this is the most "lesser of two evils" election of all time. I have many problems with Joe Biden but with a binary choice I still gotta go with Joe.

I wish there was a viable alternative to our two choices.

Last edited:
Notice no one ever claims Trump is innocent of crimes charged. Just that it’s always politically motivated or the timing. Not that charging a former POTUS isn’t extremely difficult. Thanks to his money, power, court allies that will stall for him. So he can get off cheap.

I'm not a fan of the Bragg case, I think it's dubious and politically motivated.

That said...Trump will be on a balls to the wall revenge tour if elected and I see nothing good coming from that.

For me this is the most "lesser of two evils" election of all time. I have have many problems with Joe Biden but with a binary choice I still gotta go with Joe.

I wish there was a viable alternative to our two choices.

You're a conservative. What do you gain by voting for someone who is at odds with what you believe?

Reactions: Ronnie_B
18-29 year-olds turned out en masse for Biden four years ago. Trump now leads age groups 18-29 and 30-44.

And it’s not just the youth vote. According to Pew, Biden captured 92 percent of the black vote in 2020. Now it’s 49-14-11 (Biden, Trump, Kennedy).

Probably people afraid to say to pollsters that they support Biden.

Reactions: ThiccJimXXX
Personally I think this is a very effective line of attack for "undecided" voters. I know that's a very small cadre of voters but this election looks to be close.

First time I've seen Joe bring it up so that's why I posted.

The "threat to democracy" line is baked into the cake as it's been used relentlessly.

One of the main reasons I'm not voting for Don is I don't want a "revenge tour" president and I'm confident that's what we'd see. Nothing good will come from that. Joe should make this a staple of his stump speeches.

Detroit — Democratic President Joe Biden told a crowd in Detroit Sunday night that Republican Donald Trump is out for "revenge" and would pose a bigger threat to the country in his second term than he did in his first.

Biden made the remarks during a speech at the NAACP Detroit Branch's 69th annual Fight for Freedom Fund Dinner inside Huntington Place, where he pivoted between touting his own policies and blasting his GOP opponent five months before the November election.

"Folks, Trump isn't running to lead America," Biden said at one point. "He is running for revenge. Revenge is no way to lead the country. You can't build a future on revenge."

It's 💯 accurate

You're a conservative. What do you gain by voting for someone who is at odds with what you believe?
I'm conservative on some issues and liberal on others.

I just think overall Trumps negatives outweigh any policy things I might agree with.

Like I said...our two choices totally suck. I just think Trump sucks more.

Notice no one ever claims Trump is innocent of crimes charged. Just that it’s always politically motivated or the timing. Not that charging a former POTUS isn’t extremely difficult. Thanks to his money, power, court allies that will stall for him. So he can get off cheap.
For some reason basically nobody who claims he is innocent of anything he is accused of testifies under oath. Only the people who say he's guilty testify. Sadly, this doesn't sink in to his voters' brains...because they don't use logic.

I agree with OP it's an effective line of attack in terms of "freshness."

It would be a lot more effective if the Biden admin/Dems hadn't tried to turn the last 4-7 years into a revenge tour of their own.

It only takes persuading about 2-3% of voters in key states to make all the difference in an otherwise pretty equal race.

I just think overall Trumps negatives outweigh any policy things I might agree with.

What are his actual policies? I'm talking REAL policies that Trump has and attempted to execute in his 4 years. We aren't getting answers to the question Biden posed, "What are you for?" Like you said, all I can see is revenge. Nothing benefits middle class America. Biden has actually accomplished a few things to help the middle class. Republicans are against ALL of those things...by their votes.

It would be a lot more effective if the Biden admin/Dems hadn't tried to turn the last 4-7 years into a revenge tour of their own.

It only takes persuading about 2-3% of voters in key states to make all the difference in an otherwise pretty equal race.
I guess you're buying the complete immunity defense. Otherwise, why wouldn't someone, past president or not, be prosecuted for their alleged crimes?

It's factual and his entire platform.

Reactions: nelly02

Is Trump really a conservative? He’s purely a transactional person. Once he figures out there is no need to follow conservative principles at all. What are cons left with. They’ve already abandoned several tenants of conservatism already .

Last edited:

I think Trumps revenge tour will make what's going on now look like child's play.

Like I said, I have problems with what's going on now, but just think it'd pail in comparison.

Is he not guilty of the crimes they are charging him with? The evidence is damning in all of them. If Biden or any Dem had the amount of evidence of crimes that Trump has I would be all for charging them. But there isn't anything there. It isn't a revenge tour if he actually committed crimes. If there is evidence Biden or anyone else has committed crimes bring it forward. Comer and the house has shown it isn't there. That's the difference. And if you can't see that you are a huge moron.

What do you think we're seeing right now? Is it not a revenge tour. The hush money was from years ago and then all the sudden in the lead up to the election we have charges and a trial.
As you know, or should they couldn't charge or take him, Filthy Don to court when he was president for 4 years. The NYSD alone, gathered the evidence, filed the charges and now has his corrupt ass in front of a jury.

It would be very smart for the Biden campaign to lean into the revenge tour. Trump has been blasting the revenge message for months - use it against him.

Here’s the thing about revenge…it is not Christian, it is not selfless, it does not advance our country and does nothing for the voters. Revenge, at its core, is a narcissistic and destructive motivation.

The election will be decided by suburban swing voters in swing states. These folks don’t give two shits about political revenge. They care about taxes, healthcare, a better future for their children and actual policy planks.

It would be very smart for the Biden campaign to lean into the revenge tour. Trump has been blasting the revenge message for months - use it against him.

Here’s the thing about revenge…it is not Christian, it is not selfless, it does not advance our country and does nothing for the voters. Revenge, at its core, is a narcissistic and destructive motivation.

The election will be decided by suburban swing voters in swing states. These folks don’t give two shits about political revenge. They care about taxes, healthcare, a better future for their children and actual policy planks.
This. 👍

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
What are his actual policies? I'm talking REAL policies that Trump has and attempted to execute in his 4 years. We aren't getting answers to the question Biden posed, "What are you for?" Like you said, all I can see is revenge. Nothing benefits middle class America. Biden has actually accomplished a few things to help the middle class. Republicans are against ALL of those things...by their votes.
The Obamacare replacement plan is coming out in two weeks. Same with the infrastructure plan. And the ...

To be fair, Biden's administration actually get things done that Trump only talked about. Infrastructure, Chips act, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT