ADVERTISEMENT

Biden to visit the US / Mexico border.

Poor Lucas. It's fun watching you spin failure.

In all seriousness, while I agree it’s odd at best that neither he nor Kamala have visited the border before now, is it THAT big a deal that he hasn’t?

I’m not even asking about what actions or lack there of in your opinion, beyond photo ops, what exactly is achieved by going to the border?

And again, if only to clap back at conservative media and republican officials from border states, he should have gone before now just to take that taking point away.

In all seriousness, while I agree it’s odd at best that neither he nor Kamala have visited the border before now, is it THAT big a deal that he hasn’t?

I’m not even asking about what actions or lack there of in your opinion, beyond photo ops, what exactly is achieved by going to the border?

And again, if only to clap back at conservative media and republican officials from border states, he should have gone before now just to take that taking point away.
Unfortunately a trip to the border won’t take the talking point away.

Reactions: nelly02 and blhawk
Cue those who have complained he has never made a trip to the border now say that his visit is only just a photo-op.
I don’t see anyone in this thread saying it’s only just a photo op, except maybe Northern.

He assigned fixing the border issue to Kamala over 18 months ago. Odd she isn't providing any updates on progress she has made. This is a huge issue, hopefully Joe getting down there is a start to a solution.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I don’t see anyone in this thread saying it’s only just a photo op, except maybe Northern.

My point was those who criticized him for not visiting now have to move the goal posts when he visits so as they have something to be outraged about.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Good for him. It's been a tough go of it being the most productive president since LBJ, but always time to clean up a few more messes. Hopefully when the GQP sorts itself out, they will decide to join in the solutions.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-make-trip-us-mexico-border-president-sunday/story?id=96234340
It is weird seeing this line/talking point mentioned by the left over and over again. Are we just saying this because of the multi-trillion dollar spending bills that have been passed? I get Team Blue loyalty from someone like a lucas who has to mention a Dem, but Bill Clinton has far greater accomplishments during his time than Biden has so far. If this is true then Biden should steamroll his opponent in '24 much like Clinton did with Dole in '96.

It is weird seeing this line/talking point mentioned by the left over and over again. Are we just saying this because of the multi-trillion dollar spending bills that have been passed? I get Team Blue loyalty from someone like a lucas who has to mention a Dem, but Bill Clinton has far greater accomplishments during his time than Biden has so far. If this is true then Biden should steamroll his opponent in '24 much like Clinton did with Dole in '96.

It’s been pointed out the list of bills that have been passed the last two years.

If Biden were even 10 years younger I think he would win re-election handily.

It’s been pointed out the list of bills that have been passed the last two years.

If Biden were even 10 years younger I think he would win re-election handily.
If the bills are as good as liberals like you claim(hard to judge something when the impact, positive or negative, won't be felt for years to come) then age shoudn't be a factor in '24.

If the bills are as good as liberals like you claim(hard to judge something when the impact, positive or negative, won't be felt for years to come) then age shoudn't be a factor in '24.
True, but you and yours have been harping on how feeble he is for 3 years.

Reactions: srams21
True, but you and yours have been harping on how feeble he is for 3 years.
Again if he is the most "accomplished" president since LBJ(weird how he is cited, I guess people don't remember the failure that was Vietnam) then the feeble claims by the right should not matter.

When is he going to visit our northern border? I have heard the moose problem in Minnesota is getting out of control!

"Finally!!!! Now we can put this issue to bed once and for all!"

All Republicans..... somewhere..... probably.......

Again if he is the most "accomplished" president since LBJ(weird how he is cited, I guess people don't remember the failure that was Vietnam) then the feeble claims by the right should not matter.
I believe that’s in reference to legislation passed.
Not conservative media, but why do you think he’s going now, after all this time?
I honestly have no idea. Presumably he’ll be giving a speech on something, perhaps in contrast to the GOP chaos currently he’s showing that he’s DOING SOMETHING.

Reactions: lucas80
It would be freaking awesome if Biden climbed over a 30-foot border wall to show how ineffectual they are.
Biden is smart. He'd just buy a $100 reciprocating saw from Lowes like all those illegals did right after the new sections of fence went up.

Reactions: TJ8869
He needs to start enforcing the law. This administration is derelict in their duties.
I remember the good 'ol days of the Trump Administration when nobody came into the US illegally, well, except 3rd string European models, and nobody applied for asylum.

Biden is smart. He'd just buy a $100 reciprocating saw from Lowes like all those illegals did right after the new sections of fence went up.
Maybe when he goes down there, he’ll announce that he’s going to beef up the number of border agents so we have enough watching the border. Right now they’re way under staffed since they’re handle all the administrative work for the high numbers surrendering to agents.

Well, sure, that would get the job done. But it’s not particularly theatrical. If Trump taught us nothing else, it’s that politics is all about the optics. It’s all about the production.

Biden should have climbed up the American side of the wall and rappeled down into Mexico. Then eat a few food truck tacos and pound a couple of cervesas. Then climb back up the wall, carrying a pregnant Guatemalan woman on his shoulders. Then pause at the top long enough to whip his dick out to taunt Trump. Then rappel back down to the ground, climb aboard Marine One, and fly off into the sunset like he’s Bill Goddamn Kilgore.

If he did that I would vote for him again next year.

Reactions: Jan Itor
Well, sure, that would get the job done. But it’s not particularly theatrical. If Trump taught us nothing else, it’s that politics is all about the optics. It’s all about the production.

Biden should have climbed up the American side of the wall and rappeled down into Mexico. Then eat a few food truck tacos and pound a couple of cervesas. Then climb back up the wall, carrying a pregnant Guatemalan woman on his shoulders. Then pause at the top long enough to whip his dick out to taunt Trump. Then rappel back down to the ground, climb aboard Marine One, and fly off into the sunset like he’s Bill Goddamn Kilgore.

If he did that I would vote for him again next year.
Don't give Ted Cruz any ideas for a stunt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT