ADVERTISEMENT

Biden too demented to be prosecuted but…

Arbor1

HR All-State
Dec 16, 2014
is fine as a sundowner commander in chief? Luv the leftist deep thinking. HUR report and audio needs to be released today so america can see their demented Prez in action again, as if any mystery remains.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
is fine as a sundowner commander in chief? Luv the leftist deep thinking. HUR report and audio needs to be released today so america can see their demented Prez in action again, as if any mystery remains.
The left is more educated. If you were educated you'd understand this logic. Leave the deep thinking to the adults trumptard

I would agree with this.

What is it with ya'll's use of leftist these days, is it now considered that anything left of fascism is considered "leftist"? Curious.
To me, a leftist is someone who has these characteristics: is a squad Dem, loves AOC, probably chooses Palestine over Israel, has severe trump derangement syndrome, believes Republicans aren't just wrong but evil and dangerous. Enthusiastically supports Antifa/BLM including the violence they commit. Lives it when protestors block roads. Get it?

A moderate or liberal Democrat doesn't support any of that stuff. A Dem believes Rs are wrong about most hot issues, is capable of a good conversation with an R, and views the above groups similar to how an average republican views the KKK (i.e. yeah we vote for the same guy but really wishes those people weren't associated with them in any way).

John Stewart and Bill Maher are Liberals. AOC and the leaders of BLM are leftists. Hillary is a moderate Democrat.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
The left is more educated. If you were educated you'd understand this logic. Leave the deep thinking to the adults trumptard
Damn. Not you too. I kind of like you as a poster. It doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to be better.

To me, a leftist is someone who has these characteristics: is a squad Dem, loves AOC, probably chooses Palestine over Israel, has severe trump derangement syndrome, believes Republicans aren't just wrong but evil and dangerous. Enthusiastically supports Antifa/BLM including the violence they commit. Lives it when protestors block roads. Get it?

A moderate or liberal Democrat doesn't support any of that stuff. A Dem believes Rs are wrong about most hot issues, is capable of a good conversation with an R, and views the above groups similar to how an average republican views the KKK (i.e. yeah we vote for the same guy but really wishes those people weren't associated with them in any way).

John Stewart and Bill Maher are Liberals. AOC and the leaders of BLM are leftists. Hillary is a moderate Democrat.
The general consensus is that leftists are anti-capitalist while liberals are not. I would argue that there are not many leftists in the US government while some on the right would say they all are.

The leftist sees capitalism as a horror, and believes that so long as money and profit rule the earth, human beings will be made miserable and will destroy themselves. The liberal does not actually believe this. Rather, the liberal believes that while there are problems with capitalism, it can be salvaged if given a few tweaks here and there.

This is why you commonly see democrats constantly trying to "reach across the aisle" and win conservative votes while alienating leftists - they are closer in ideology to republicans than they are to the far left.

• Conservatism seeks to preserve the status quo.
  • Liberalism wants a kinder, gentler status quo.
  • The right-wing wants to weaponize the status quo in order to become the new, improved, authoritarian status quo.
  • The left-wing wants to dismantle and destroy the status quo and replace it with a classless utopia.
We can also think of things in terms of the economic system of capitalism. Liberalism, again, wants capitalism to be nicer, kinder and gentler if you will. Maybe not quite so hard on the little guy. But, liberalism still wants capitalism.

Leftism is adamantly anti-capitalist. Leftism sees virtually every societal ill resulting directly from capitalism. So, from the leftist point of view, the only way to cure society’s ills is to dismantle capitalism.

“Progressive”, IMHO, refers more to social matters. The equality of men and women, transgender affirmation, equality for queer people, anti-racism, etc. could be called progressive social values.

Some of that might lean into leftism, per se, as it could be about dismantling the social status quo. So, for example, to achieve racial reconciliation in the progressive sense would require dismantling the systemically racist status quo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT