ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's bad news on inflation

You sure about that?

I live in Iowa and never wore a mask, not even once.
Yes, early Nov 2020 (just after the election of course) through early Feb 2021 Iowa had a gathering limit restriction and indoor mask mandate.

Where the F are you looking?

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 0.3 percent in January on aseasonally adjusted basis, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months,the all items index increased 1.4 percent before seasonal adjustment.

YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecAve

Aren't these annual inflation rates? So wouldn't that that 1.4% have been from Feb 2020-Jan 2021? It makes sense that Covid didn't start to show up until Mar-Apr 2021 based on these being annualized rates because it started a year before that.

YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecAve

Aren't these annual inflation rates? So wouldn't that that 1.4% have been from Feb 2020-Jan 2021? It makes sense that Covid didn't start to show up until Mar-Apr 2021 based on these being annualized rates because it started a year before that.
What was the inflation rate in January 2021?

It was 1.4% when Biden took over.
Yes, let's all go back to 2020 when the shelves were empty of numerous items. You want to go back to the Soviet era of the US economy in which people lined up for toilet paper?
Inflation is an issue, but it's not worth the hyperventilation. Most people can adjust spending accordingly.

Yes, let's all go back to 2020 when the shelves were empty of numerous items. You want to go back to the Soviet era of the US economy in which people lined up for toilet paper?
Inflation is an issue, but it's not worth the hyperventilation. Most people can adjust spending accordingly.
The person I responded to said inflation was at 7% when Joe took over in Jan 2024.

It wasn't.

US debt per taxpayer in jo biden's America = $266,951! It sucks to be a tax payer in jo biden's America. What must really suck in jo biden's America, is to be an actual taxpayer and be stupid enough to vote for this silly POS a second time! Welfare cases and ILLEGALS thank you so much! 🤡

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Oh my...tell us big guy. The women of (checks poorest county in Iowa) Decatur county must have been all up in your jock you manly man. How did you keep them away with your illustrious show of strength?

(masks sucked and were stupid btw)
True. Which means if you wore them anyway you were being dumb AND acting like a pussy. 🤷‍♂️

Every time these threads come up I try and ask this question: Which goods and service are you no longer buying due to increased cost?
Would anyone here care to share what items they are no longer buying?

People have to eat. People have to pay for fuel or electricity for their vehicle. People have to replace vehicles. People require housing. People have to pay for electricity. Adjusting their spending isn't always an option.

People have to eat. People have to pay for fuel or electricity for their vehicle. People have to replace vehicles. People require housing. People have to pay for electricity. Adjusting their spending isn't always an option.
What goods and services are you no longer buying due to the runaway Biden inflation?

what about bootstraps? when are people supposed to pull those up?

i guess only under a gop president

So, no, the inflation rate was nowhere near 7% when Biden took office in January 2021. Got it.
What goods and services are you no longer buying due to the runaway Biden inflation?

Every time these threads come up I try and ask this question: Which goods and service are you no longer buying due to increased cost?

Instead of hookers and blow, now I can only afford one or the other.

Reactions: lucas80
My spending habits are more or less the same as they had been.

What does that have to do with you defending Eric’s blatantly false claim that inflation was 7% when Biden took office?

Football tickets. Trip for the eclipse. Concert tickets. Tires for my camper. Wheel flares that I promised the no pics.

Buying stuff sucks right now. It's hard just to pay the bills. Mock me all you want but if you think I'm the only one having trouble you are sadly mistaken. I make more than I ever have by a long shot and this is the hardest it's been for our family in 15 years or more just to make ends meet.

Just received next year's proposed homeowner's insurance statement! If I stay with this company, the new premium goes up 21.2% after going up 12% in the prior 12 month period. Thanks, jo!!

My car insurance was just renewed this month. The premium jumped $12.20 a month with no changes to the policy for another year. Damn you Joe, why are you, inflating, raising my rates so high when nothing has changed.

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
My car insurance was just renewed this month. The premium jumped $12.20 a month with no changes to the policy for another year. Damn you Joe, why are you, inflating, raising my rates so high when nothing has changed.
Auto insurance rates are going up due to the number of ILLEGALs having wrecks with no insurance, and the risk for those who do have insurance being spread across the entire pool so these high risk assholes can have a policy.

From what I hear, I will count myself greatly fortunate if my premium goes up only by that amount.

That's just how insurance works. They have been paying more, so they have to collect more.

Name brand potato or snack chips. Shrinkflation has totally gotten out of hand with those. That's one example I can think of, where I look at the size of the bag and cost and think, "Nope."

Football tickets. Trip for the eclipse. Concert tickets. Tires for my camper. Wheel flares that I promised the no pics.

Buying stuff sucks right now. It's hard just to pay the bills. Mock me all you want but if you think I'm the only one having trouble you are sadly mistaken. I make more than I ever have by a long shot and this is the hardest it's been for our family in 15 years or more just to make ends meet.
I'm not mocking anyone. I am pointing out hysteria and poor attempts at trolling. The bulk of the people who get activated are the ones who make no effort to improve wages and lower costs.

Reactions: DooBi
My spending habits are more or less the same as they had been.

What does that have to do with you defending Eric’s blatantly false claim that inflation was 7% when Biden took office?
So, we are in agreement that there is a lot of misplaced hysteria here, and that the Biden Administration has been highly competent in managing the economy as we emerged from Covid. Post here when President Trump blows inflation through the roof with a trade war`

Name brand potato or snack chips. Shrinkflation has totally gotten out of hand with those. That's one example I can think of, where I look at the size of the bag and cost and think, "Nope."
Ditto. Kroger charges $5.99 for a bag of Doritos that is smaller than the bag that cost $2.99 three years ago. Unless you buy four bags, then you can get 4/$8.99. But I don’t want 4 bags of Doritos in my cupboard, so I just skip the chips.

Reactions: Tom Paris

Maybe stop buying meth?

• Wow
Reactions: lucas80
So, we are in agreement that there is a lot of misplaced hysteria here, and that the Biden Administration has been highly competent in managing the economy as we emerged from Covid. Post here when President Trump blows inflation through the roof with a trade war`
So, we’re agreement that Eric’s claim that inflation was 7% when Biden took office is utter bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT