ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's bad news on inflation

Every time these threads come up I try and ask this question: Which goods and service are you no longer buying due to increased cost?
Would anyone here care to share what items they are no longer buying?
Personally nothing in the Pepsi Co line of products. Russian sympathizers and price gouging SOBs.

Name brand potato or snack chips. Shrinkflation has totally gotten out of hand with those. That's one example I can think of, where I look at the size of the bag and cost and think, "Nope."
Me too. If I buy chips at all it's bulk and from Costco. Those costs are not coming down, by the way. The large corporations have locked in price increases. The shareholders won't accept a dividend reduction. The workers at those companies aren't taking less in salary. The transportation companies are not taking less to haul the product to stores. The workers at the stores are not giving back wage increases.

Why does Biden keep saying the inflation rate is lower now than it was when he took office when it’s obviously not true? Is he lying?

However, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data, inflation was recorded at just 1.4% in January 2021 when Biden took office. It remained below 3% until April 2021, when it surged 4.2% and continued increasing until it hit a 40-year high of 9.1%.8 hours ago

It's okay, TJ. You can say it. Biden has been a good steward of the economy post Covid.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤡🥳

Ditto. Kroger charges $5.99 for a bag of Doritos that is smaller than the bag that cost $2.99 three years ago. Unless you buy four bags, then you can get 4/$8.99. But I don’t want 4 bags of Doritos in my cupboard, so I just skip the chips.
So Biden has forced you to be healthier by giving up the chips. Bonus!

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
He’s done about as well as could be expected. Doesn’t change the fact that Eric blatantly lied. It’s okay for you to admit that.
Man you are an angry elf. I admit the highest inflation was I believe in April. Soo you can stop raging now. Can we definitely agree Biden managed to steer the country from going off the cliff? That literally every expert said the country was heading for a recession. I don't see where that happened.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Man you are an angry elf. I admit the highest inflation was I believe in April. Soo you can stop raging now. Can we definitely agree Biden managed to steer the country from going off the cliff? That literally every expert said the country was heading for a recession. I don't see where that happened.
Answer my question in post # 87

Oh my...tell us big guy. The women of (checks poorest county in Iowa) Decatur county must have been all up in your jock you manly man. How did you keep them away with your illustrious show of strength?

(masks sucked and were stupid btw)
IDK... we wore masks in Florida for about 5 minutes before we realized they were stupid... then it was just at doctors offices or hospitals and banks for a while, pretty much every where else it was optional just like now... and every now and then I'll see someone in a mask, but it's rare.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
Every time these threads come up I try and ask this question: Which goods and service are you no longer buying due to increased cost?
I buy less things.
Some things have switched to generic (Kroger brand chips- lays are stupid expensive now; Kroger Milk, Kroger veg, Kroger Juice, etc).

I used to shop for what I needed, now I actively wait for sales on some things (Tuesdays at Fresh Market) to cook at home more.

I blame no politician for prices; I blame stores for not coming down from Covid demand related pricing.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
People have to eat. People have to pay for fuel or electricity for their vehicle. People have to replace vehicles. People require housing. People have to pay for electricity. Adjusting their spending isn't always an option.
Unfortunately this line of thinking is lost on the government. They can just spend and spend and spend and us plebes can't do anything about it.

You and your circle jerkers started these threads during the previous administration, and during the Bush administration, etc…..

I don't know. You seem to have all the answers and are blinded by your cult leader who is a pathological liar sexual assaulting racist prick.
I voted for Biden numb nuts. Typical response when presented with facts and another lying president.

Grow up.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Exactly! Biden is so freaking powerful that he spiked inflation all over the world!!

Globally, inflation has been driven by the pandemic, the war in Ukraine & energy prices,.. On top of that already bad situation, inflation in the US has been further fueled by the current administration's excessive spending habits,.. Joe Biden has never been a smart man,.. no reason to expect that he would ever be a smart president.

xp0tbn62cty71.jpg

Transitory inflation is like transitory diarrhea,.. Comes and goes, but the stain remains...

Me too. If I buy chips at all it's bulk and from Costco. Those costs are not coming down, by the way. The large corporations have locked in price increases. The shareholders won't accept a dividend reduction. The workers at those companies aren't taking less in salary. The transportation companies are not taking less to haul the product to stores. The workers at the stores are not giving back wage increases.
My non-scientific survey of food inflation indicates that processed foods have had the highest price increase and are not coming down. For the most part, proteins, fresh and frozen veggies/fruit and some breads/tortillas have stabilized and are +.50 per lb or so.

Lol. That might be the surliest mea culpa I’ve ever read. And the funny part is that you’re still wrong. The inflation rate peaked at 9.1% in June 2022, 17 months after Biden took office.

US debt per taxpayer in jo biden's America = $266,951! It sucks to be a tax payer in jo biden's America. What must really suck in jo biden's America, is to be an actual taxpayer and be stupid enough to vote for this silly POS a second time! Welfare cases and ILLEGALS thank you so much! 🤡

As opposed to voting for a traitor? Voting for a guy who has already once phuqued “Joe America” in the ass by trying to overthrow the Constitution of the greatest nation the world has ever seen? By voting for a guy who has promised to come back and ohuque us all again, if elected?

My non-scientific survey of food inflation indicates that processed foods have had the highest price increase and are not coming down. For the most part, proteins, fresh and frozen veggies/fruit and some breads/tortillas have stabilized and are +.50 per lb or so.
I see almost 2x on the beef I buy, which is mainly tri-tip, brisket and chuck roast.

Chicken legs and thighs are still damn near free though.

what - specifically - did biden do in the first 60 days that caused inflation to triple?
You can’t claim Biden was opposed to any of the stimulus spending, they wanted more.

From a policy perspective, he’s been in favor of the wrong ideas even when he wasn’t yet in power.

I see almost 2x on the beef I buy, which is mainly tri-tip, brisket and chuck roast.

Chicken legs and thighs are still damn near free though.
Not in Texas - HEB has chuck roast for $3.49; whole packer is normally $3 bucks a pound - sale price is between $2 and $2,50. Tri-tip is out of whack, but that's because it's a unique cut here (low supply). When I'm in California where all they eat is tri-tip, it's cheaper.

As opposed to voting for a traitor? Voting for a guy who has already once phuqued “Joe America” in the ass by trying to overthrow the Constitution of the greatest nation the world has ever seen? By voting for a guy who has promised to come back and ohuque us all again, if elected?
Are you drunk? 🤡

IDK... we wore masks in Florida for about 5 minutes before we realized they were stupid... then it was just at doctors offices or hospitals and banks for a while, pretty much every where else it was optional just like now... and every now and then I'll see someone in a mask, but it's rare.

Well if you ever decide to tell us about it in an unrelated thread and puff your chest with punctuation like “not even once” when referring to your mask wearing past, let me know. I’ll be sure to christen you a manly man as well. Until then, you’re just a pleb like the rest of us compared to the adonis of Shittown, Ioway like Keller.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Not in Texas - HEB has chuck roast for $3.49; whole packer is normally $3 bucks a pound - sale price is between $2 and $2,50. Tri-tip is out of whack, but that's because it's a unique cut here (low supply). When I'm in California where all they eat is tri-tip, it's cheaper.
I am in Texas. I’d pick up the Nolan Ryan chuck roasts at Kroger for $7-12 on average when on sale. Haven’t seen one under $15 on sale in quite some time, so haven’t bought one in quite some time.

HEB’s website lists a choice whole packer for $5.49/lb at this very moment, which is nearly 2x the “normal”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT