ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Bounced

Kansas wasn't going anywhere in the Tournament this year anyways. Weakest Kansas team in awhile.
Weakest Kansas team in a while? Maybe once their star, McCullar went down with a serious knee injury, they suffered because they were short-benched to start with. I would agree that they were overseeded due to their late-season swoon.

Houston split their games with Kansas, both winning at home. Iowa State defeated Kansas at Hilton when they were at full strength and won 2 of three against Houston.

Oh, and Kansas defeated UCONN.

Yeah, that UCONN.

Weakest Kansas team in a while? Maybe once their star, McCullar went down with a serious knee injury, they suffered because they were short-benched to start with. I would agree that they were overseeded due to their late-season swoon.

Houston split their games with Kansas, both winning at home. Iowa State defeated Kansas at Hilton when they were at full strength and won 2 of three against Houston.

Yeah, that UCONN.
Seaton Hall also beat UConn early in the year. Yeah that UConn and that Seaton Hall that played in the NIT.

• Haha
Reactions: shudaddy
You are aware that their best player (Snead) got hurt and didn't play in the 2nd half?

An earlier post said that he didn't care if Houston or KU's best player got hurt. Fine. If Clark turns an ankle and misses half of the LSU game, would that impact the outcome? You take any teams best play out, and your chances of winning diminish. They lost by 3. I think not having Snead was a factor.

I hate the notion that the NCAAs prove or disprove a conferences strength. In a one game situation, any team can get bear. Who was the best conference? Who knows and really who cares. Its a dumb argument limited to message boards.
Limited to message boards? Ha.
If only that was true..ESPN, CBS, Fox Sports, Barkley and his bunch. They all yap about conference strength. All of them keep track of the records of each of the conferences during the tourney. When the BIG has underperformed in previous tournaments, it was discussed by all. Cyclone fans have been doing it all season. Hawk fans on this site have been honest about the quality of play in the BIG this season. We all knew the league was a little down.
The reality is the BIG 12 teams somehow generated gaudy NET rankings and save one or two teams, played really shitty schedules. The conference itself had very few great wins out of conference. The conference showed poorly in the tournament and watching the games, it was pretty evident to me that there was really nothing special about the BIG 12 this season. I think you might be better off just dealing with the facts instead of pleading your case on a rival message board. Not sure why you care what Hawkeye fans think anyway.

Yeah, that UCONN.

So a Kansas team loaded with 4-5 star players can't perform without one of them? Boo fing hoo.

That UCONN? Yes, the one who lost to Seton Hall by 15. The Seton Hall team that Iowa beat handily. What's your point? BIG 12 pissed their pants in the tourney. Deal with it.

Yeah, that UCONN.
Listen, the Big12 had an awful showing the tourney, no matter how you slice it. TCU and Texas are the only teams who didn't lose to teams seeded below them. TCU was blown out by a team in a toss-up game who turned around and lost by 40 to Purdue. The Net was manipulated well.

So it’s ACC, Big East, B1G, and SEC in the FF. Sucks to suck B12. Go cry for another year in your beer.

Listen, the Big12 had an awful showing the tourney, no matter how you slice it. TCU and Texas are the only teams who didn't lose to teams seeded below them. TCU was blown out by a team in a toss-up game who turned around and lost by 40 to Purdue. The Net was manipulated well.
Big 12 had a rough tournament performance, no one is disputing that. Theres also no disputing they had a lot of bad luck such as Kansas and Houston, then Tech got a 11 seed first round who is now in the Final Four. That is why it’s called March Madness- weird things happen. That doesn’t mean a conference was superior or overrated based on a handful of single elimination games.

Big 12 had a rough tournament performance, no one is disputing that. Theres also no disputing they had a lot of bad luck such as Kansas and Houston, then Tech got a 11 seed first round who is now in the Final Four. That is why it’s called March Madness- weird things happen. That doesn’t mean a conference was superior or overrated based on a handful of single elimination games.
Then everyone can stfu when the Big 10 has a bad year. That won't happen, especially from Cyclone fans.
The Big 12 (except Kansas) played pretty damn shitty non-conference schedules and with the exception of Kansas, had very few wins of note. Fast forward to the NCAA tourney and you see the same thing only worse. One could ascertain that the conference was not all that it was hyped to be. Still not sure why a hawk fan would feel the need to defend a rival conference.

Then everyone can stfu when the Big 10 has a bad year.
The Big 10 has earned a subpar reputation in March because of what’s happened over the last 5-10 years, not for a single postseason performance. We need Purdue to win it all, it’s been over 20 years since the B10 has had a winner.

The Big 10 has earned a subpar reputation in March because of what’s happened over the last 5-10 years, not for a single postseason performance. We need Purdue to win it all, it’s been over 20 years since the B10 has had a winner.
You have not heard me say anything about how good the Big 10 is. Most said the Big 12 was best league this year. It wasn’t.

Nothing is stopping you.
What? What a weird comment? I just want to clarify would you rather Iowa play an ugly style of basketball and win or Frans and not? I wasn't threatening to leave Iowa basketball to go someplace else I was merely pointing out that style of was play is less important to me and should be less important to me than actual winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT