ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Tourney

The-Dude-Abides

HR All-State
Jan 1, 2023
I'm late to the party but can't miss 165. Dresser looking handsome in his sweater vest.
Love Rock Harrison on the call.

Downey and Chittum into rideouts. Both ride the other out, back to SV

Gonna be funny if ISU loses the team title by 2 points!

Terukina and SwiddyBoy both lost a team point for tossing head gears.
Swiddy might be a good wrestler, but he comes off as an asswipe punk.
It’s already locked up

Back to second rideouts. Chittum gets his third caution and gives up a point the second rideouts. Cuts Downey and Chittum in deep on a shot off the whistle, but Downey is able to hang on to win 5-3. Probably the best OT match I've seen.

Match sucked. Downey took zero shots in 14 minutes and he should have stalled out. Probably sour grapes on my part but IMO the match was everything wrong with wrestling currently.

How do you seed a second place big 12 wrestler higher than an undefeated Big Ten champion?
They won't.

The thing that's amazing is Carr will likely be one of the 4/5 best wrestlers to attend ISU and only have 1 title to show for it.

I'm also puzzled why the ISU coaches don't know their wrestlers strengths and weaknesses well enough to know when to choose up/down/neutral during close matches.
Lucky for them that the Big12 is dogshit.

Reactions: T8KUDWN and Hwt1
Match sucked. Downey took zero shots in 14 minutes and he should have stalled out. Probably sour grapes on my part but IMO the match was everything wrong with wrestling currently.
I have a different take on this one. It looked to me like Downey was taking good shots and getting deep; Chittum just kept trying to tilt him up and get 'danger' points for the TD. Downey may have tightened up a bit after getting put in that position a couple times, but overall, I didn't sense he was doing a whole lot of stalling. No real dog in the fight--I personally enjoyed watching the match (particularly the OT).

I have a different take on this one. It looked to me like Downey was taking good shots and getting deep; Chittum just kept trying to tilt him up and get 'danger' points for the TD. Downey may have tightened up a bit after getting put in that position a couple times, but overall, I didn't sense he was doing a whole lot of stalling. No real dog in the fight--I personally enjoyed watching the match (particularly the OT).
Yeah, that was a 100% homer post to say Downey didn't take any shots. WTF match was that guy watching? Oh yeah, he's an Iowa State fan, the refs screw them in every sport!

Yeah, that was a 100% homer post to say Downey didn't take any shots. WTF match was that guy watching? Oh yeah, he's an Iowa State fan, the refs screw them in every sport!
Yep...always blaming the officials is a "rite of passage".

Why is nobody talking about the biggest issue at B12’s??? Where the hell is everyone? Maybe Half the lower bowl is filled and the curtain is up, WTF?
Because the Big 12 (aka MAC Midwest) and their combination of misfit schools sucks. The only time ISU and Ok St get a large attendance is when Iowa is there. Other than the top 2 at 165,184,285, the brackets were weak. (And Fix, Sloan)

Because the Big 12 (aka MAC Midwest) and their combination of misfit schools sucks. The only time ISU and Ok St get a large attendance is when Iowa is there. Other than the top 2 at 165,184,285, the brackets were weak. (And Fix, Sloan)
That's what happens when most D1 schools don't support wrestling............

Reactions: MilleGinja
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT