ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Reportedly 'Vetted' 10 Schools For Possible Expansion

You made a random comment about basing my fandom off 18 year olds. What does that have to do with anything that I said?

You said I know nothing in response to his assertion that Iowa leaving the Big 10 would hurt them. He was wrong, as I said they should stay in the BTAA. It has a lot more value than football anyway.

I am ripping you for being a grown man being a fanboy to 18 year olds.

Understand now?

• Haha
Reactions: BrunoMars420
You keep changing your argument. First it was Iowa is a freeloader in the Big Ten. Then it was you want Iowa to drop athletics and focus on academics. Now you’re claiming Iowa can’t compete.

Please explain any of these arguments in further detail, preferably using documented facts and data and not merely your own self-loathing.
he's trolling hard core. He busts this out whenever realignment gets brought up.

You said I know nothing in response to his assertion that Iowa leaving the Big 10 would hurt them. He was wrong, as I said they should stay in the BTAA. It has a lot more value than football anyway.

I am ripping you for being a grown man being a fanboy to 18 year olds.

Understand now?
I understand what you are saying but it is just so idiotic.

HORT, if you are a fan of college sports you are now a fanboy of 18 year olds per JR! Be sure to take your meds before bed tonight

Reactions: globalhawk
I understand what you are saying but it is just so idiotic.

HORT, if you are a fan of college sports you are now a fanboy of 18 year olds per JR! Be sure to take your meds before bed tonight

I started in 2002. If you reach a certain age and get worked up about games involving 18 year olds, it's pretty sad.

I wish I had thought it out sooner.

he's trolling hard core. He busts this out whenever realignment gets brought up.

No. I hate the current system and want to see it all blown up.

It's pro sports. Quit pretending academics matter to any of it.

I will laugh as this NIL-Transfer portal mess implodes it all

Reactions: peacehawk
I just said they should stay in the CiC or BTAA.

Read better.
So you’re going to drop from the highest paying conference to one where all the athletic departments are bleeding money, but stay in the CIC and the BTAA. That would be a first. And why again??

Reactions: EasyHawk
This is less honest than McDonalds bags of cash
648f86ac088870a381a092a108f16625.jpeg

Reactions: BrunoMars420
And incoming freshman scores and grades are higher at FSU

Grades mean nothing in Iowa. You have to litetally be the laziest types of human being or incompetent (without having an IEP or 504) to not pass here.

Constant retakes
Limited or no homework scores
Effort is poor
Quality is poor

We have lowered the standard here for what it takes to get an A. Everyone can get them.

Oh and I would be fine with FSU in the Big Ten. Much better fit than Miami imo. They are fine academically too. Academics went out when Nebraska was let in and they are the only school in the B1G that we are ahead of.

Thank goodness for our med/nurse/dental/pharm schools, journalism/writers workshop, and business.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Would you guys travel to Tallahassee to visit our fabulous stadium and tailgate on our beautiful campus if we accepted an invite to the B1G?

Me, no. I know people who would.

On the flip side, FSU fans coming to Iowa (or MN, WI, NE, UM, MSU, etc) for a November game when it could be 60, or it could be 15 with snow?

Are they?

Actually, they are. Yhe ACC has quite a few really good schools, FSU being one of them.

Don't get me wrong, Iowa has good academics, but good for most of the country is lower 1/3 in the B1G. Adding the likes of FSU, UNC, UVA would raise the average of the B1G.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Then thank goodness you’re not in charge. Since 1980, we are 25th in winning %, since 2000 we are 24th & since 2013 (10 years) 14th….

That’s a lot better than MWC, take off your tar covered glasses 🤓
Not bad. Those are interesting stats to throw out for a guy who regularly denies that playing OSU and Michigan in the same year only twice ('13 and '22) in the past 10 seasons due to bten west scheduling has been extremely fortunate but I agree JR is being totally ridiculous in this thread. Let him have it

That would be dumb to take Miami over us, but whatever. I’d be good with the Shoot boy Everybody Cheats conference.
Don't worry, the bten isn't taking Miami. If they decide to go slumming in a confederate state that didn't allow the blacks to participate til the late 60s or early 70s I think its VA then UNC but hopefully Oregon, Wash, Stanford and Notre Dame come first. Southeastern teams belong in the SEC

Me, no. I know people who would.

On the flip side, FSU fans coming to Iowa (or MN, WI, NE, UM, MSU, etc) for a November game when it could be 60, or it could be 15 with snow?
I’m in. I prefer the colder weather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT