ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Reportedly 'Vetted' 10 Schools For Possible Expansion

Eventually the even more expanded big 10, SEC, and Big XII will merge into one mega conference and rebrand themselves as the NCAA.

Reactions: noleclone2
D’oh! My bad. I glossed over it. If the SEC was going to double dip in north cackalackie, why in the hell would they add ECU over Duke?

1) The SEC according to Sankey directly will only be expanding within its footprint to large state schools. So while Duke is a potential target of the Big Ten and Big 12, it never would be for the SEC.
2) Enrollment, ECU is 29k to Duke’s 17k. More importantly, most of ECU’s is undergraduate (22k undergrads to 6.5 k grads) while Duke is mostly a graduate school (10k grads to 6.5k undergrads) and most people are more rabid about their undergrad (I have a UF postgrad in healthcare risk management along with my Bill and Mary law degree and Cornell finance certs and I only enjoy when UF is losing).
3) Football attendance is ECU 32k to Duke’s 28k and that is when Duke was having a magnificent season for them while ECU finished 2-10. When ECU is doing well they have a rabid fanbase.
4) Duke is literally right next to NC State in Raleigh-Durham while ECU is on the coast about 3 hours from Charlotte. North Carolina is a big enough state the SEC would want multiple schools but probably spread out over the state not five miles from each other.

Last edited:
1) The SEC according to Sankey directly will only be expanding within its footprint to large state schools. So while Duke is a potential target of the Big Ten and Big 12, it never would be for the SEC.
2) Enrollment, ECU is 29k to Duke’s 17k. More importantly, most of ECU’s is undergraduate (22k undergrads to 6.5 k grads) while Duke is mostly a graduate school (10k grads to 6.5k undergrads) and most people are more rabid about their undergrad (I have a UF postgrad in healthcare risk management along with my Bill and Mary law degree and Cornell finance certs and I only enjoy when UF is losing).
3) Football attendance is ECU 32k to Duke’s 28k and that is when Duke was having a magnificent season for them while ECU finished 2-10. When ECU is doing well they have a rabid fanbase.
4) Duke is literally right next to NC State in Raleigh-Durham while ECU is on the coast about 3 hours from Charlotte. North Carolina is a big enough state the SEC would want multiple schools but probably spread out over the state not five miles from each other.
So, if the SEC is firm on that, I am trying to think through the likely candidates. Clemson, TTech, Okie State, Louisville, Miami, Georgia Tech, Central Florida, Southern Florida, Houston, FIU, and FAU.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'm not sure how good a source this guy is but the FSU AD follows him on twitter. He doesn't number his tweets or know how to reply to create a thread. There are some repeats in this mess.

Last edited:
I am both extremely turned on and nauseated.

Mostly the latter. Ive been ready for FSU to leave for different pastures for a while. This change may not be bad, but Ive been out of love for a while. Just ready for a divorce. WWE revenue is $1.2B tho..... thats a lot of eyeballs.

Wonder who runs it, sure not the ACC. Also the "best" programs left aren't in the PAC / B12....

Mostly the latter. Ive been ready for FSU to leave for different pastures for a while. This change may not be bad, but Ive been out of love for a while. Just ready for a divorce. WWE revenue is $1.2B tho..... thats a lot of eyeballs.

Wonder who runs it, sure not the ACC. Also the "best" programs left aren't in the PAC / B12....
Yep. The thing is, upon further reflection, after the CFP and ESecPN nonsense, is WWE that big a difference?

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
I’m not sure the ACC has anything to gain by merging with the Big12/Pac leftovers. The resulting conference would still be a step-down from the B1G/SEC, aside from the same 4-5 schools that are already in the ACC.

I’m not sure the ACC has anything to gain by merging with the Big12/Pac leftovers. The resulting conference would still be a step-down from the B1G/SEC, aside from the same 4-5 schools that are already in the ACC.
I agree. But would say if anything else other than best of ACC going to SEC and BIG it means those doors are closed. Something has to be done so may be plan B

The only thing worse would be the Saudis.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

247 boards have become a lot more active in recent years. A lot of people have left Miserychant or have subscriptions at both sites.

The Miserychant boards don’t seem to be like the online version of East Germany any longer. I see a lot of posts that not long ago would have been removed in seconds but now turn into lengthy threads. I don’t know if NoSoul is gone or they told him to back off but it has changed over there. Maybe enough people left that they finally decided to be reasonable.

Still...fvck them all

Reactions: TC Nole OX
The thought of private equity and WWE providing a long term benefit to the colleges in those three conferences is laughable. If anything, those schools better brace themselves for a vigorous rogering.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
The thought of private equity and WWE providing a long term benefit to the colleges in those three conferences is laughable. If anything, those schools better brace themselves for a vigorous rogering.

Yep. They would be doing what they often do, pounce on the weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT