ADVERTISEMENT

***Big Ten Tournament Session II Thread***

Lmao… who need him when we got Bobby Telford and M* right??? They really move the needle with training and recruiting
The funny thing is who did a better job this year than Telford?

Both Glazier and Hill made huge jumps and are wrestling their best right now. Riggins has gotten better every week too. He deserves a ton of credit.

WutAnd it would have made a difference where
John C Reilly Seriously GIF

It’s truly incredible….
If there was an Angry Iowa Wrestling Hating God it would all make sense.

- Covid year robbed us of a Natty less than a week before it.
- Unprecedented injuries to the same great team.
- Spencer's knees and losing in the semis going for his 4th.
- The unprecedented loss of 4 starters from the gambling probe.

But there isn't one. It all comes back one way or another to mostly the staff.

Both Glazier and Hill made huge jumps and are wrestling their best right now. Riggins has gotten better every week too. He deserves a ton of credit.
I like Bobby, him and Star though aren't going to bring us back to our glory years.
We need young, hungry coaches that the kids know and have heard of.
Nolf, Cox, Taylor, Dake, Burroughs, Snyder etc...
Throw the money at them , they will come.
Everyone has a price.

Last edited:
You totally get me man! Now disappear until you can bitch some more.
Hahah blind and dumb. Gotta be rough being you Gobblin.

You can’t handle legit criticism of Brands. I listened to Tom talk about the expectations of the program; to win every year. He knows the standard, and he doesn’t need you making excuses for him.

We still aren’t in the hunt without the Gambling probe, and we probably aren’t even in 2nd place.

Hahah blind and dumb. Gotta be rough being you Gobblin.

You can’t handle legit criticism of Brands. I listened to Tom talk about the expectations of the program; to win every year. He knows the standard, and he doesn’t need you making excuses for him.

We still aren’t in the hunt without the Gambling probe, and we probably aren’t even in 2nd place.
What excuses have I made??? Real Woods is far from 100%. No excuse just fact.

And you’re an absolute moran if you don’t think Nelson and Cass make a difference. Way beyond a moran even.

No doubt…. Cass gets plenty of propers here also. He will be a great coach if he chooses.

Other than Drake, who can get 3rd, every Hawk can still wrestle to seed or better. Not sky is falling bad for cripes sake. Teske had a great day imo. MC lost to PSU's next 3 or 4 timer. PK finishes top 5 at 174 with a banged up SG and CS. Riggins and Hill are gutting out wins. Zach is so underrated and is so overperforming that it shocks me. This team has had a ton of adversity this year. Some of your expectations are over the top. Iowa sat two hammers and still may qualify all ten weights! PSU is kicking everyone's ass right now and have been for awhile. Accepting that and realizing that are two different things. Get the next best thing tomorrow Hawks. Sometimes your best just isn't good enough. That is the reality in sports.

What excuses have I made??? Real Woods is far from 100%. No excuse just fact.

And you’re an absolute moran if you don’t think Nelson and Cass make a difference. Way beyond a moran even.
How’s your math? They make a difference, but Michigan has 4 finalists and we have 1…. It’s not a given we beat Michigan.

How’s your math? They make a difference, but Michigan has 4 finalists and we have 1…. It’s not a given we beat Michigan.
You just said you don’t think they would’ve made a difference. It was an idiotic statement. Own it.

If there was an Angry Iowa Wrestling Hating God it would all make sense.

- Covid year robbed us of a Natty less than a week before it.
- Unprecedented injuries to the same great team.
- Spencer's knees and losing in the semis going for his 4th.
- The unprecedented loss of 4 starters from the gambling probe.

But there isn't one. It all comes back one way or another to mostly the staff.
“Tom trains them too hard..”

When you say that you lose absolutely all credibility. The people who say that would be absolutely stunned to watch observe a week of an Iowa wresting practice.

It’s a stale narrative that’s fun to blame but it simply isn’t true.

Edited to say this was not aimed at you LIV4GOD

Reactions: LIV4GOD
You just said you don’t think they would’ve made a difference. It was an idiotic statement. Own it.
Read it again loser. You are making excuses for why we aren’t battling it out for 2nd while we still wouldn’t be sniffing 1st. Seeing fans be so willing to lower the standard is sad.

is that because of Taylor? Or because he wasn't a Hawkeye?

are any non former Hawkeye wrestlers options?
Taylor would come if the money was right. He's a competitive sob. You know he was burned by not winning 4 natties. I'll guarantee you if you could see into his soul he is jacked about tying Caels Olympic gold medal and leading him 3-1 in world's.
He's going for Oly number 2 not only for himself but to bury Cael.
Wish we had a billionaire donor, throw a few mill at him, he would be here.
Jmo of course.

Reactions: el dub
We knew we weren't favored in any of the 6 semis, and Glazier pulled one of the biggest upsets of the night in knocking off #3 ranked Smith (per Flo).

That's his biggest win ever (not including Ferrari, if you count that), and sets him up to be possibly #3 NCAA seed, even assuming he loses tomorrow night.

Pleased that Hill qualified. Pleased that Riggins has a shot at a wildcard. Pleased with Teske's performance overall. Pleased that Ayala bounced back. Pleased that Kennedy closed the gap on Griffith.

Let's see how we do tomorrow--and NCAAs-- before we fire anyone.

But I totally agree with the frustration of our lack of hammers.

Fun day germs…. Have a great summer. I’d recommend going outside and touching the grass. It’s nice.
Then I don't ever want to hear another word about Iowa not having the NIL funding to compete with Penn St. and Michigan. Stop making excuses and looking down on fans who think one championship in thirteen years is unacceptable. Go cry into your Ryan Morningstar body pillow.

Since you brought up math…Take the time and do the possible remaining tournament scoring. Iowa actually has a decent chance at catching UofM, WITHOUT those guys. Hell with just Cass I am VERY confident he would be in the finals right now with some bonus. He alone would have Iowa right there with them. Add in one of the others easily placing at 184 and Iowa would almost certainly be ahead of MI right now. Add in that Griffith looks to be seriously hurt and Iowa leapfrogs into the lead…

Last edited:
Since you brought up math…Take the time and do the possible remaining tournament scoring. Iowa actually has a decent chance at catching UofM, WITHOUT those guys. Hell with just Cass I am VERY confident he would be in the finals right now with some bonus. He alone would have us right there with them. Add in one of the others easily placing at 184 and Iowa would almost certainly be ahead of MI right now. Add in that Griffith looks to be seriously hurt and Iowa leapfrogs into the lead…
By lead you still mean 2nd though, right? Cass would be nice to have but that’s assuming he doesn’t regress as others have their senior year.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
We knew we weren't favored in any of the 6 semis, and Glazier pulled one of the biggest upsets of the night in knocking off #3 ranked Smith (per Flo).

That's his biggest win ever (not including Ferrari, if you count that), and sets him up to be possibly #3 NCAA seed, even assuming he loses tomorrow night.

Pleased that Hill qualified. Pleased that Riggins has a shot at a wildcard. Pleased with Teske's performance overall. Pleased that Ayala bounced back. Pleased that Kennedy closed the gap on Griffith.

Let's see how we do tomorrow--and NCAAs-- before we fire anyone.

But I totally agree with the frustration of our lack of hammers.
Think this is a good summation of the tournament so far. I think for the most part we're wrestling as well as we possibly can and the coaches are getting the most of what they got. The troubling part is the best they have is a fourth place big ten team.

Read it again loser. You are making excuses for why we aren’t battling it out for 2nd while we still wouldn’t be sniffing 1st. Seeing fans be so willing to lower the standard is sad.
Not as sad as the smooth brained contingent such as yourself who would drown in a fishbowl. Come for the farts, leave for the flowers.

Im guessing its more from big cass

Then I don't ever want to hear another word about Iowa not having the NIL funding to compete with Penn St. and Michigan. Stop making excuses and looking down on fans who think one championship in thirteen years is unacceptable. Go cry into your Ryan Morningstar body pillow.
Or what? And you telling me to go cry is just…🤌🏼

“Tom trains them too hard..”

When you say that you lose absolutely all credibility. The people who say that would be absolutely stunned to watch observe a week of an Iowa wresting practice.

It’s a stale narrative that’s fun to blame but it simply isn’t true.

Edited to say this was not aimed at you LIV4GOD
Your wrong. I have and its bern yrs of overtraining. Especially compared to psu

By lead you still mean 2nd though, right? Cass would be nice to have but that’s assuming he doesn’t regress as others have their senior year.
Obviously, You do realize that only maybe a handful of the very best Iowa teams in history would be competitive with this PSU team, right?

Yes, it sucks. Yes, everyone should want more. I just say a lot of what I say because it could be a LOT worse…

Not as sad as the smooth brained contingent such as yourself who would drown in a fishbowl. Come for the farts, leave for the flowers.
Gobblin posts in nutshell: insult the person and ignore the issues.

Keep ignoring reality Gobblin. If you want to actually talk the sport, I’m happy to explain the issues to you again.

Reactions: MAGAman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT