ADVERTISEMENT

***Big Ten Tournament Session II Thread***

you don’t think any solution is realistic so it just turns into you defending them against every criticism, valid or not.
Not true. I absolutely think changes at the assistant level are necessary. But, to me, it comes down first and foremost to recruiting and I simply do not see a current solution that all of a sudden has Iowa recruiting at PSU’s level, let alone surpassing them. Without that, I may sound like I am defending, but it is more about my not seeing a better option.

Finally, I am not about risks. If I were to make a major change, I would want as much certainly as reasonably possible that the results would improve significantly. Right now, there is NO possible coach out there that gives even a slight modicum of certainty in that regard…

428fe539-aa7c-4c5a-b7f5-e9555943566e_text.gif

Not true. I absolutely think changes at the assistant level are necessary. But, to me, it comes down first and foremost to recruiting and I simply do not see a current solution that all of a sudden has Iowa recruiting at PSU’s level, let alone surpassing them. Without that, I may sound like I am defending, but it is more about my not seeing a better option.

Finally, I am not about risks. If I were to make a major change, I would want as much certainly as reasonably possible that the results would improve significantly. Right now, there is NO possible coach out there that gives even a slight modicum of certainty in that regard…
Curious what # you think we are at in recruiting last 5 years or so

Honestly?

Tom needs to grow up. Rest is real (ugh, pardon, the pun). Same as Spencer. Letting athletes ‘call the shots’ because you have an obsession with ‘be a warrior’ mentality is just plain damn negligence.

Or take the medshirt.
Well those are certainly, words… Shame they don’t apply in this situation.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
Lmao… who need him when we got Bobby Telford and M* right??? They really move the needle with training and recruiting
What you talking about, Telford is a scrambling technician, his expertise is what gives Iowa that edge out there in those spots

Compared to everyone but PSU, very well. But, PSU has something like 14 top 10 lb for lbs on their roster…
So you think we're #2? I am by no means as knowledgeable as many on this board but man it feels like we might not even be top 5 lately

There are at least 5 possible future world champions on the Penn State team.
Kerk, Mess, Brooks, Star and Haines. Who knows about the others.
Let that sink in.
Their technique, strength and conditioning is world class.
The technique is the big thing, they all wrestle alike.
Just amazing scrambles, rides, match planning, physicality and mental toughness.
It hurts, but it's the truth.

Last edited:
So you think we're #2? I am by no means as knowledgeable as many on this board but man it feels like we might not even be top 5 lately
Yeah, I am pretty certain Iowa has done very well recruiting if you compare them to everyone but PSU. tOSU is the only other, but they do it in spurts and it seems they haven’t had nearly the success with the top recruits that they had before Rosselli, Dlagnev and Snyder left…

You guys forget how many wrestlers we lost from the whole gambling bullsh**?...............
I'm talking what we have incoming and 100% am willing to admit I could be an idiot overreacting to a tough season with weird circumstances. It just feels like our top recruits are all maybes at best or have weird asterisks like Ben with football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT