ADVERTISEMENT

Bitter Old Man Ferentz

My god I get tired of the people that think they know everything….and in reality know absolutely nothing. And I’ll even go one step farther. I bet most of these know it all’s are just a blast to hang out with. Totally negative about everything. If I gave you a new car you all would complain it was the wrong color. We as the general public have know idea what going on behind the scenes…….absolutely nothing. Until you know stop complaining.
Well when we see things right in front of our faces, such as Kirks inability to put a competent QB on the field, you're going to have "know it all comments". Literally every single person who watched Deacon Hill get trotted out game after game knew there was absolutely no logical reason to not make a change at the position. Not one. Unless you think I'm wrong, I would love to hear you defend captain dipshit. He's lost his fvcking mind.

I guess one reason why I'm not as edgy as some regarding this process lingering on is, like many above have said, it won't really make a difference, anyway. It's not like he's fretting over a handful of highly sought-after offensive geniuses who will be making a huge impact on Iowa and college football; it's more like just a matter of which one of his buddies wants to come out of retirement.
Well see everyone. An optimistic take on the subject. Now that wasn't particularly hard was it?

Reactions: Shafthawk
My god I get tired of the people that think they know everything….and in reality know absolutely nothing. And I’ll even go one step farther. I bet most of these know it all’s are just a blast to hang out with. Totally negative about everything. If I gave you a new car you all would complain it was the wrong color. We as the general public have know idea what going on behind the scenes…….absolutely nothing. Until you know stop complaining.
I have a serious question which I doubt you will answer.....

Do you think Kirk and Fran are always right? I ask that because I have never seen you offer up even the slightest criticism of anything either of them have done. Ever. In fact, you spend most of your posts defending them.

And if you don't think they are always right....then tell us what YOU think they are deficient at.

I guess one reason why I'm not as edgy as some regarding this process lingering on is, like many above have said, it won't really make a difference, anyway. It's not like he's fretting over a handful of highly sought-after offensive geniuses who will be making a huge impact on Iowa and college football; it's more like just a matter of which one of his buddies wants to come out of retirement.
This is why they have mandatory retirement ages in most professions other than presidents and head coaches. Kirk was already conservative and as he ages will only become more risk adverse. This hire is not going to excite me no matter who it is... Our offense will be the same style and just hope they can have a good o-line to run the ball and be above .500 until he retires. Would love to see him have playoff run and retire at a high! Would be a great way to send him off for all he's done and good time to find next hire.

Alabama and Washington have new head coaches and we can't hire a OC that we knew we needed for the last 3 months while we should be recruiting!! And you wonder why we have such a pathetic offense.
Yeah, that's the main thing that bothers me about this. It's not like BF was just let go and KF found him in a position where he's had to scramble to find someone. This is old news. Yet, crickets.

Still, just get it right, KF. But, the more I think about this, the more pessimistic I'm getting.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
I don’t know how any rational person would believe that Kirk is going to make any kind of competent decision in regards to the offensive coordinator. What evidence is there over the last five years that would lead you to that conclusion. He is stubborn,He is bitter and most of all I think he has lost a little bit of his mind.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
We all know people like that in our own lives that we deal with in person. Fun times.

Wow- sounds like you have it all figured out! Ironically, Just like the people you're calling out.

If the OP is simply venting, I get that. There's plenty to vent about.

Realistically, why would anyone have an expectation that this decision would take place quickly and be a significant game changer? Nothing about Kirk's tenure would suggest either of those.
Assume it will take a relatively long time and will result in the named OC running mostly the same stuff that KF's teams have run on offense for the past several years.
Personally, I've set the low bar at it being Budmayr. Anything better than that, which means just about anyone else, would surpass that bar.

If the OP is simply venting, I get that. There's plenty to vent about.

Realistically, why would anyone have an expectation that this decision would take place quickly and be a significant game changer? Nothing about Kirk's tenure would suggest either of those.
Assume it will take a relatively long time and will result in the named OC running mostly the same stuff that KF's teams have run on offense for the past several years.
Personally, I've set the low bar at it being Budmayr. Anything better than that, which means just about anyone else, would surpass that bar.
Yep, agree.

Look at KF’s history with his offensive hires….KOK to GDGD to Biff to Jon Budmayr is the established trend and fully expect to hear after an exhausted search, we are hiring JB. If so, he needs to go. I hope BG is overseeing this hire and forcing him to get an OC outside of the program but highly doubt it and have no faith in him with how he coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

Yep, agree.

Look at KF’s history with his offensive hires….KOK to GDGD to Biff to Jon Budmayr is the established trend and fully expect to hear after an exhausted search, we are hiring JB. If so, he needs to go. I hope BG is overseeing this hire and forcing him to get an OC outside of the program but highly doubt it and have no faith in him with how he coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

This.

It really is not that complicated as some of you want it to be. Phil and Norm Parker have bailed out KF's offensive coaching decisions for the better part of 25 years. Stats prove it.

This.

It really is not that complicated as some of you want it to be. Phil and Norm Parker have bailed out KF's offensive coaching decisions for the better part of 25 years. Stats prove it.
According to KF it is complicated because no one wants to coach his archaic system. It’s time for him to retire with the latest news of PC turning him down as OC. I guarantee a coach like PC views the OC position at Iowa as a career killer for his chances to be a head coach in the future. He is wanting to be an OC at a program that is committed to playing offense to win games instead of playing not to lose.

I wish he would just retire already! Everyone knows he’s taking his sweet a$$ time with this hire because he’s still bitter that someone fired his incompetent son. Good riddance. Nepotism ruined his reputation and legacy.
Lol you sound bitter yah old 👴

If he gave a shit, he would have made the hire and been feverishly working to clean up Brian's mess already, but no, he's doing what he always does; sitting on his hands or on vacation eating steaks with Mary.
And you are doing what you always do. Same as KF.

I don’t understand the meltdown. It’s much more important that Bama and Washington found coaches quickly because it’s the head coaching position and they didn’t want people to start entering the portal. Iowa is over by 5 schollies and the portal is closed for them now anyway so how is this really affecting recruiting?

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I don’t understand the meltdown. It’s much more important that Bama and Washington found coaches quickly because it’s the head coaching position and they didn’t want people to start entering the portal. Iowa is over by 5 schollies and the portal is closed for them now anyway so how is this really affecting recruiting?

The point is noone wants the job

Old Bitter Ferentz still trolling us with no candidate/hire for the position. Aww are u still crying about your son getting FIRED and never becoming Iowa’s head coach??? Please retire!
Come on Man ! Don't be so damm bitter. I am confident that Kirk will hire a quality OC. There is no need to rush this . There are still NFL people that have teams in the playoffs and aren't available to interview yet. Take a deep breath.

Old Bitter Ferentz still trolling us with no candidate/hire for the position. Aww are u still crying about your son getting FIRED and never becoming Iowa’s head coach??? Please retire!
Man you need to take a break and calm down.
Getting your panties in a bunch over something you have no control over is just insane.

You might want to go ahead and polish up the tines on that pitchfork and put it someplace handy, but you‘ll probably want to buy your torches ahead of time. They notoriously jack the prices way up on those on the day of the storming.

Im expecting a staff promotion for OC. We’ll all find out soon enough.
I wish it were an internal hire, 😥 now....

I actually wish that were the case....😥

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT