ADVERTISEMENT

Body Camera wearing cops complaints down 93%

It's both...but it's mostly cops knowing they are on camera and finally having to be somewhat more accountable for their actions.

Body cameras are a good idea....Who do you think came up with the idea in the first place? It is the expense (equipment/storage) and the legal rigamoroll that is the hassle here. Videos don't lie. Cops know it...so do perps. So do lawyers.

It's both...but it's mostly cops knowing they are on camera and finally having to be somewhat more accountable for their actions.

How do you know that it's "mostly cops"? If I had a camera pointing at me, I'd definitely be on my best behavior.

How do you know that it's "mostly cops"? If I had a camera pointing at me, I'd definitely be on my best behavior.

Because cops had almost never been charged with doing anything wrong for decades prior to the cameras (i.e. no Chicago cop had ever been found guilty of a bad shooting or mistreatment of citizens for years and years). But, now we're seeing the truth on a regular basis.
Cameras make it much harder for cops to cover things up. Citizens weren't ever able to cover anything up, their complaints (true or not) were just largely dismissed.

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT