ADVERTISEMENT

New Mexico Police Fatally Shoot Man After Responding to Wrong House

I think this happens half a dozen times a day. Sad. It’s out of control the number of homeowners coming to their door with a loaded weapon and getting whacked by incompetent LEO. Epidemic, really.

Edit: probably more like ten times a day. 😢

I think you missed the part where the police shot the guy when he answered his door with a gun...
It’s interesting because had the victim been black, this would have been an outrage followed by BLM riots and protests and the article would have said, three white police officers kill black man at wrong house. The narrative is so alarming.

Give the police dept some slack... maybe they got mixed up cause they ain't good at math, or numbers, or reading, or hearing, or maybe all of the above.

“Police officers fatally shot Robert Dotson, 52, after they “mistakenly approached” his home around 11:30 p.m. and he opened his screen door armed with a handgun, the New Mexico State Police said in a statement on Thursday.
Mr. Dotson’s wife, who was not named, then fired from the house’s doorway with a handgun, investigators said, and the police fired back. She put down the gun once she realized that the people outside were police officers.”

God damn it, but I feel I have gone full circle here due to the gun problem we have in this nation. The police, a neighbor or a lost citizen have the right to knock on your door at 11:30 PM and not be answered by a guy with a hand gun married to a woman with another hand gun who just opens up fire on you. This is on gun culture. Not police at wrong house.

Ehh people have a right to be nervous about people knocking on their door that late at night. If someone I don't know is doing that the handguns are going to be at the ready.

The only issue I have is why answer with your gun in hand? Either don't answer or keep it holstered. No sense threatening anyone innocent by having it in hand and no sense in giving away the fact that you have a gun too early that might mean you ill.

Video released.

Oof.

It does look to me like he raised the gun and pointed it. Don't know why he would do that. Again I don't mind him being nervous about people knocking on your door that late at night but you have to keep in mind that it is *most likely* something innocent.

And if you are that worried about it. Don't answer and shout through the door for them to go away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT