ADVERTISEMENT

Bohannon update....

Chishawk1425

HR King
Nov 27, 2019
New column from Syracuse: Jordan Bohannon tells me he is no longer practicing as his hip pain continues. What's next for him after Tuesday night's big win? And what's changed for the surging Hawkeyes since the humbling DePaul loss?https://t.co/oJefLE7Dfw

“I wasn’t sure what I’d be able to provide for this team coming into the season,” Bohannon said, “but I knew I wanted to provide a couple signature wins for this team.”

That quote says to me “I’m shutting it down”

“I wasn’t sure what I’d be able to provide for this team coming into the season,” Bohannon said, “but I knew I wanted to provide a couple signature wins for this team.”

My thoughts exactly. He can provide a huge lift in the next 3 games, 2 B1G games and ISU.

Reactions: unoHawkeye

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully, we can at least have Frederick and Pemsl back by that time. I wonder if the idea is to have Patrick Redshirt as well.

Would love to see him the entire year ... but man, take care of the body first. College basketball will be a blip on his radar of life ... Let the body heal correctly and come back 100% (hopefully) next season. Kudos to JBo ... Kid is committed and a hard worker ... and just a good person to have on your team.

Yeah, if his hip hurts that bad that he isn't practicing at the beginning of the season I have to imagine he is going to shut it down. Hopefully he isn't doing any additional damage or setting himself back in his recovery. But shows what kind of teammate he is.

I don't think publicly saying you want to get some big wins and then shut it down will be liked by the NCAA. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they didn't grant an extra year when he publicly says these things.

I don't think publicly saying you want to get some big wins and then shut it down will be liked by the NCAA. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they didn't grant an extra year when he publicly says these things.
It’s a done deal pretty much as long as he doesn’t play too many games or play too late in the season. If they didn’t think so then he’d either not be playing or would be no talk of medical redshirt.

Given the Chris Street free throw miss and winning that sportsmanship award in St. Louis, I doubt the NCAA is going to jack around with his red shirt. As aloof as the NCAA is, I suspect they will see the potential PR blow back from denying him.

It’s a done deal pretty much as long as he doesn’t play too many games or play too late in the season. If they didn’t think so then he’d either not be playing or would be no talk of medical redshirt.

yes, Naz Long from Iowa State got the redshirt after shutting it down after scoring 18 points in a game (I think against Iowa). If Bohannon is not practicing at all due to pain, he would have the medical requirements necessary to get the redshirt as long as he stays under the game limit.

My gawd, the NCAA is allowing some players to play (and coaches to coach) after they have admitted being involved with improper benefits. To deny Bohannon for a legitimate injury would be catastrophic for them

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Hopefully JBo can recover and not have any pain. Way too young to be having this type injury. Doesn't need to play another game for Iowa--he's cemented a legacy as clutch shooter.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Fran is a medical redshirt wizard. We’ve liberally used the medical redshirt since he’s been here. Pemsl miraculously healed last year just for the ISU game.

Reactions: CuttyDoesIt

That quote says "ego" to me. Like i posted 2 weeks ago, just let this drama end already!

Reactions: RocknRollface
That quote says "ego" to me. Like i posted 2 weeks ago, just let this drama end already!

tenor.gif

I won’t be satisfied until Drew Ott gets another year of eligibility…
He would have if he met the requirements. Unfortunately he did not at the time. May be different if it happened now. Iowa fans are just vocal enough that it seems like it was an injustice.

Very true, not taking anything away from his accomplishments. But his quote does have 'I' in it 3 times.

“I haven’t really practiced at all,” Bohannon said. “Not to use that as an excuse. I just haven’t really been able to get into a rhythm this season. Like I said, just trying to come in and do what I can to help this team win.

So selfish :eek:

Reactions: owenhawk
“I haven’t really practiced at all,” Bohannon said. “Not to use that as an excuse. I just haven’t really been able to get into a rhythm this season. Like I said, just trying to come in and do what I can to help this team win.

So selfish :eek:
I agree with this. If he shuts it down, it changes the whole dynamic of the team. I think they suffer because he had to be out there jacking 3's instead of getting healthy for next year.

Given the Chris Street free throw miss and winning that sportsmanship award in St. Louis, I doubt the NCAA is going to jack around with his red shirt. As aloof as the NCAA is, I suspect they will see the potential PR blow back from denying him.

It seems pretty black and white to me. If Fran misleads the entire fan base, the AD and Jordan and his family....one of the most popular Hawkeye basketball players in 30 years and deprives everyone of his senior season because of his mismanagement, it would probably cost him his job. I'd like to think Fran, having been around the college basketball basically his whole life, and our compliance people know the rules well enough to know this is 100%.

It seems pretty black and white to me. If Fran misleads the entire fan base, the AD and Jordan and his family....one of the most popular Hawkeye basketball players in 30 years and deprives everyone of his senior season because of his mismanagement, it would probably cost him his job. I'd like to think Fran, having been around the college basketball basically his whole life, and our compliance people know the rules well enough to know this is 100%.

jfc

Jordan coming back next year synchs up well with our best window to win. Start JBO, CJF, C-Mac, Wieskamp, Garza. Toussiant, Nunge, Pemsl off the bench. Throw in some P-Mac and that’s a veteran, skilled, reasonably athletic team.

Jordan coming back next year synchs up well with our best window to win. Start JBO, CJF, C-Mac, Wieskamp, Garza. Toussiant, Nunge, Pemsl off the bench. Throw in some P-Mac and that’s a veteran, skilled, reasonably athletic team.
I hope that Bohannon plays a lot of minutes, especially when down or late in games, but that he is willing to accept a role off the bench next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT