ADVERTISEMENT

Bold move, Nebraska... lets see how it works out for them....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
How badly do the Nebraska Cornhuskers want Higley High School (Gilbert, Arizona) defensive lineman Ty Robinson?

They sent 11 coaches to his home Thursday on the last night coaches were allowed to make home visits.

"You have 11 full-time coaches who are allowed to come out (to recruit)," Higley coach Eddy Zubey said. "They all came by the school and hung out with Ty all night."

Zubey said that Nebraska head coach Scott Frost pulled out all the recruiting stops on the 6-foot-6, 280-pound Robinson after hearing that Alabama coach Nick Saban visited Robinson last week.

"Coach Frost said he never did this before," Zubey said. "They've done nine, but not 11. They stopped recruiting everybody else in the nation for one day.

"They said he was their No. 1 priority. This was set up before. Scott Frost was going to come out. But when they found out that Nick Saban was going to be coming back, I think it became all 11."

Zubey said that USC came in on Monday to sell Robinson with five of its coaches. But all 11 from one school was a first that Zubey said he had ever seen.

He said his office got too crowded with all of the coaches that they had to find a bigger area.

Robinson is pretty even-keeled, but even this had to unbelievable.

"Ty knew they were coming, but it was still kind of overwhelming when they're all in there," Zubey said. "They were super nice, had good conversations.

"Last night was the last opportunity to do home visits, before the dead period. When this first started, they said they wanted to walk up last night and be the last ones in his house."

Robinson keeps a poker face about his recruiting. He has narrowed it to five schools: Nebraska, Oregon, USC, Alabama, Stanford.

He won't announce his decision until 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, during the early signing period for high school seniors.

"He's' got his five and he will sit down and figure it all out," Zubey said. "It will be interesting."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ches-visit-ty-robinson-nick-saban/2321923002/

Sad.

It also tips their hand to other recruits that their worth is reflected by the number of coaches that show up.

As a side note, I can see why some coaches HATE recruiting.

Kissing the ass of parents and the players would be very demeaning in my opinion.

Sad.

It also tips their hand to other recruits that their worth is reflected by the number of coaches that show up.

Kissing the ass of parents and the players would be very demeaning in my opinion.

One more thing. I know a parent who loved taking recruiting visits to schools that he knew
they weren’t going to select. The reason is because the Dad loved getting stroked by people. His ego was inflated every time. It was like damn high for him.

What to choose.....
what to choose....

• Slutty So-Cal beach coeds?
  • Free Nike shit + rain?
  • Ivy-league quality education?
  • National championships?
OR
  • Cornmaggedon & the Big Ten East?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
One more thing. I know a parent who loved taking recruiting visits to schools that he knew
they weren’t going to select. The reason is because the Dad loved getting stroked by people. His ego was inflated every time. It was like damn high for him.
I’ve never known a guy who didn’t like getting stroked.

Reactions: Rudolph
Sad.

Year ago, I used to travel a fair amount via air and would often end up on flights with the then UI football coaches on their recruiting travels. Several times I just happened to be around them when they were returning to campus with recruits coming for campus visits and I have never felt more embarrassment on behalf of other grown men as I did on some of those encounters when the highly accomplished coach(es) were basically kissing the a** of those insolent recruits.

They weren't all self absorbed jackwads, but some of them were and it was hard to watch and I would bet big money that the coaches really wanted to clobber some of those pre-madonnas! :)

no1currr.gif

Reactions: naturalmwa
Frost reportedly hid in the janitors closet when a fight broke out at the school.

His apartment Complex when LP went after him and there his girlfriend down a flight of stairs by her hair.

Recruiting kids would suck... tolerating the dads would be a physical impossibility for me. I would have a better chance learning to fly.

My money says that some of the eleven Debbie coaches were nearby visiting other players so they likely, naturally, had a good contingent in the Phoenix area to begin with. Saban was here last week also visiting Brock Purdy’s younger brother who is not that far away.

Lots of talent in Phoenix, a recruiting trip with a game here could prove worthy. Too bad the Hawks learned the lesson of never, ever play a late night non-Conf game in the valley in the September heat. Michigan St got educated earlier this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT