ADVERTISEMENT

Bostick to A&M

I am assuming it is due to the portal being such slim pickings this year, but he does have good size.

It is. I’d be curious to know how his and Anterrio Thompson’s decision process unfolded.
His situation at Iowa seemed night and day from Bostick. Thompson was leaving a deep group with a lot of talent on a stable defense that is known to be one of the best in the country. Playing time was anything but a given. Bostick was leaving one of the weakest wide receiver groups in P4 under a new wide receivers coach and OC.

I know the narrative among many here was that Bostick was passed up on the 2-deeps and that was why he left. I'm wondering if that was really the case or simply conjecture. Maybe he was simply pulling a Charlie Jones and looking for a better opportunity in a more wide receiver friendly offense.

Best of luck to him.
We all know QB recruiting has sucked but man WR has been brutal.

Who's the last WR to transfer that went on to have a solid college career besides Charlie Jones?
Willies?
James Cleveland had a good year for Houston right?

His situation at Iowa seemed night and day from Bostick. Thompson was leaving a deep group with a lot of talent on a stable defense that is known to be one of the best in the country. Playing time was anything but a given. Bostick was leaving one of the weakest wide receiver groups in P4 under a new wide receivers coach and OC.

I know the narrative among many here was that Bostick was passed up on the 2-deeps and that was why he left. I'm wondering if that was really the case or simply conjecture. Maybe he was simply pulling a Charlie Jones and looking for a better opportunity in a more wide receiver friendly offense.
I don’t think there’s near the depth at DT this year though. I think they’re shopping for DT now in the portal.

Best of luck to him.
We all know QB recruiting has sucked but man WR has been brutal.

Who's the last WR to transfer that went on to have a solid college career besides Charlie Jones?
Willies?
James Cleveland had a good year for Houston right?

Tyrone Tracy had a very good year at Purdue, but at RB. I think his best role was always as a pass-catching RB. Didn’t have high end speed to make it as a pure WR, but had tremendous footwork and was dangerous with the ball in his hands. See, e.g., the Northwestern game in 2019.

Ah yes, the school (boosters) that laundered money to Johnny Football through his Grandpa. But the school didn't know, wink wink.

Take this with a grain of salt given how kids come and go in the transfer portal, but looking at A&M's mind-blowing recruiting over the past few years, they've landed:

Portal WR Jabre Parker 2024
5 star WR Terry Bussey 2024
4 star WR Ernest Campbell 2024
4 star WR Isaiah Williams 2024
4 star WR Ashton Roman 2024
4 star WR Ray Cottrell 2023
4 star WR Micha Tease 2023
5 star WR Evan Steward 2022
4 star WR Chris Marshall 2022
4 star WR Deyon Bouie 2022
4 star WR Noah Thomas 2022

By my count, that's 12 highly rated WR commits just in the past 3 yrs (6 this year alone, counting Bostick). If Bostick didn't see playing time at Iowa over 1 star recruits like Ragaini or the walk-ons, I can't imagine him jumping over elite recruits to see the field. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out...but my guess is he would have been much better off from a playing time & stats perspective staying at Iowa and competing against an empty WR room filled with walk-ons.

Last edited:
Take this with a grain of salt given how kids come and go in the transfer portal, but looking at A&M's mind-blowing recruiting over the past few years, they've landed:

Portal WR Jabre Parker 2024
5 star WR Terry Bussey 2024
4 star WR Ernest Campbell 2024
4 star WR Isaiah Williams 2024
4 star WR Ashton Roman 2024
4 star WR Ray Cottrell 2023
4 star WR Micha Tease 2023
5 star WR Evan Steward 2022
4 star WR Chris Marshall 2022
4 star WR Deyon Bouie 2022
4 star WR Noah Thomas 2022

By my count, that's 12 highly rated WR commits just in the past 3 yrs (6 this year alone, counting Bostick). If Bostick didn't see playing time at Iowa over 1 star recruits like Ragaini or the walk-ons, I can't imagine him jumping over elite recruits to see the field. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out...but my guess is he would have been much better off from a playing time & stats perspective staying at Iowa and competing against an empty WR room filled with walk-ons.
And what exactly did A&M get out of all those fancy cars?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT