DE- Hurkett
Cash-Castro * Could go to NFL
MLB Higgins
WLB-Jackson
CB LEE
CB Harris
SS Nwankpa
FS Engringer

Mason Richman is the worst offensive lineman I have ever seen in an Iowa uniform and it isn't close. If he is a starter next year it will be more of the same for our offense.

Brown literally drops more passes than he catches. I hope he is wr4 or 5 next year.

When you have 1 of the worst offenses in college football for 3 years in a row you can't keep plugging in the same guys and expect different results.

Mason Richman is the worst offensive lineman I have ever seen in an Iowa uniform and it isn't close. If he is a starter next year it will be more of the same for our offense.

Brown literally drops more passes than he catches. I hope he is wr4 or 5 next year.

When you have 1 of the worst offenses in college football for 3 years in a row you can't keep plugging in the same guys and expect different results.
I agree but do you see a change coming ?

Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK

Plumb would like a word

I would raise you a DeJong. Must worse imo than Richman has been.

Brown I will give a pass this year as he is new to the position. He is off the charts more athletic than anyone in our WR room and it isn't really close.

Logan Lee is not coming back. Dude is married and wants to get on with his life.

That offensive lineup scares the F out of me. Unless the new OC is LIGHT YEARS better than Brian, it's the same damn offense. Yes, we should have better QB play, but if you remember, Cade wasn't lighting it up himself.

The offense will be learning a whole new playbook as well.

I have zero expectations for the offense. ZERO.

Pretty sad when you really can’t go wrong between picking between any of DeJong, Plumb and Richman as potential candidates for worst O linemen in program history. They all play OT as well. Debate could be made that OT has sunk this offense as much as any position group.

I've thought about starting a new thread and ranking our OL from best to worst.

I think it would be an extremely difficult process.

We don't have ONE good lineman. Not one.

QB1 -McNamara
QB2- Lainez/Hill
RB-1- Williams/Johnson
FB-1- Van Wetzinga
WR1- Brown
WR2- Bostick
WR3- Anderson
TE1- Lachey
TE2- All * Could go to NFL
TE3- Ostrenga
LT- Richman
LG- Elsburg or DeJong
C-Jones
RG- Colby
RT- Dunker

DE-Craig
DT-Black
DT Graves * LEE has a 6th year if he takes it*
DE- Hurkett
MLB Higgins
WLB-Jackson
CB LEE
CB Harris
SS Nwankpa
FS Engringer

DT Logan Lee announced before bowl game to Iowa media that his 2023 season was his last one at Iowa.

CB/RS Cooper DeJean did what was expected. Heck of a talent that sadly had his final season end without playing.

Will Sebastian Castro join him in Draft?

DT Logan Lee announced before bowl game to Iowa media that his 2023 season was his last one at Iowa.

CB/RS Cooper DeJean did what was expected. Heck of a talent that sadly had his final season end without playing.

Will Sebastian Castro join him in Draft?
ton of love for Castro coming back from teammates. I'd personally be surprised if he didn't return. I do think Jackson is more likely to test the NFL waters.

The only thing I'll offer in Brown's defense is that when a pass was delivered on time and on target it threw him so much that he wasn't ready for it.

QB1 -McNamara
QB2- Lainez/Hill
RB-1- Williams/Johnson
FB-1- Van Wetzinga
WR1- Brown
WR2- Bostick
WR3- Anderson
TE1- Lachey
TE3- Ostrenga
LT- Richman
LG- Elsburg or DeJong
C-Jones
RG- Colby
RT- Dunker

DE-Craig
DT-Black
DE- Hurkett
MLB Higgins
WLB-Jackson
CB LEE
CB Harris
SS Nwankpa
FS Engringer
I think you are mostly correct. If Jackson and Castro declare I think you'll see Sharar at LB and Nestor at Cash

QB1 -McNamara
QB2- Lainez/Hill
RB-1- Williams/Johnson
FB-1- Van Wetzinga
WR1- Brown
WR2- Bostick
WR3- Anderson
TE1- Lachey
TE3- Ostrenga
LT- Richman
LG- Elsburg or DeJong
C-Jones
RG- Colby
RT- Dunker

DE-Craig
DT-Black
DE- Hurkett
MLB Higgins
WLB-Jackson
CB LEE
CB Harris
SS Nwankpa
FS Engringer
Eli Miller - FB1?
Sharar - WLB1 if Jackson leaves?
Nestor or Oentriger - CASH if Castro leaves?
Schulte - FS1 if he comes back
More likely Ostrenga is TE2
All is in a tough spot; his injury will prevent him from working out for teams at the combine; he's a parent; and came to Iowa as a 1 and doner to build a resume for the 2024 draft.

this team needs an OT, it is that simple. Probably need 2, but 1 would be a good start.
Yeah seems like we have plenty of decent to good guards and centers, but no decent tackles. Seems like they just lack athleticism overall. Or maybe it’s just most noticeable when a DE blows by them without being touched

Yeah seems like we have plenty of decent to good guards and centers, but no decent tackles. Seems like they just lack athleticism overall. Or maybe it’s just most noticeable when a DE blows by them without being touched
Maybe the Scheme is suspect?

Eli Miller - FB1?
Sharar - WLB1 if Jackson leaves?
Nestor or Oentriger - CASH if Castro leaves?
Schulte - FS1 if he comes back
More likely Ostrenga is TE2
All is in a tough spot; his injury will prevent him from working out for teams at the combine; he's a parent; and came to Iowa as a 1 and doner to build a resume for the 2024 draft.
A parent that could make money by staying at Iowa and playing another year I assume. his work time in the NFL would be as much or more than at Iowa.

There have been several of these the past 3-4 years. So, so bad.

Logan Lee is not coming back. Dude is married and wants to get on with his life.

That offensive lineup scares the F out of me. Unless the new OC is LIGHT YEARS better than Brian, it's the same damn offense. Yes, we should have better QB play, but if you remember, Cade wasn't lighting it up himself.

The offense will be learning a whole new playbook as well.

I have zero expectations for the offense. ZERO.
Yep, that offensive depth chart has 2 very good units- RB and TEs and two not too sound to bad units in WR and OLine. QB play being better would help and as you say the new OC could make a difference if he can scheme WRs to be open and perhaps simplify or improve the run game blocking for better results.

We have a bunch of OG's and C's trying to play OT. A bunch of practice squad guys pretending to be starters. A guy pretending to be an OL coach. A couch potato pretending to be a power 5 QB. Finally a HC pretending he knows x's and o's on offense. Next year should be solid.

We have a bunch of OG's and C's trying to play OT. A bunch of practice squad guys pretending to be starters. A guy pretending to be an OL coach. A couch potato pretending to be a power 5 QB. Finally a HC pretending he knows x's and o's on offense. Next year should be solid.
Was this season solid?

Was this season solid?
Iowa lost handily to every ranked team they played. And scored an average of 0.0 points in those games. The best win was against Northwestern (record wise) or Iowa State. They also lost (allegedly) to Minnesota who qualified for a bowl game because of academics. In my opinion this season was absurd, not solid.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Iowa lost handily to every ranked team they played. And scored an average of 0.0 points in those games. The best win was against Northwestern (record wise) or Iowa State. They also lost (allegedly) to Minnesota who qualified for a bowl game because of academics. In my opinion this season was absurd, not solid.
Sounds like 10-4 to me. Unquestionably solid.

It don't rate wins. And losing margin is also irrelevant. But a W at Wisconsin had to have been a good day. And it seems you don't even know what side of the fence you are on in the Minnesota game. I'll help you out; it was a loss

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT