ADVERTISEMENT

Depth Chart 24-25 season

Jones is a good lineman, Feth was a good lineman, Colby is good as a guard (terrible OT).
I wouldn't list any of them as good. Good in my opinion is better than average. They are all 3 average unfortunately.
I think Dunker and Stephens both could be good. Only time will tell. Jones has the ability and looks good on some plays and then he gets blown into the backfield in 1 second or totally whiffs on someone.

Sounds like 10-4 to me. Unquestionably solid.

It don't rate wins. And losing margin is also irrelevant. But a W at Wisconsin had to have been a good day. And it seems you don't even know what side of the fence you are on in the Minnesota game. I'll help you out; it was a loss
Context always matters. 10 wins but none were impressive in any way especially considering the competition. Also I'm firmly on the side of it was a shit call but in the record books it goes down as a loss.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
wouldn’t it be near impossible to block an opponent who knows what play you’re going to run? All the way down to the fine details of who’s pulling, crashing, direction….

There are so many times in a game it looks like the OL has no idea what it’s even trying to do. I can’t believe they didn’t practice the plays all week. Seems like they look lost because the defense had a major advantage

I actually thought in the bowl game the running game would be pretty good. That was their biggest improvement this year, tho they were still poor vs average.

The major issue for this game was playing an opponent who had a pulse on offense. There was no chance of the offense being able to keep up

I wouldn't list any of them as good. Good in my opinion is better than average. They are all 3 average unfortunately.
I think Dunker and Stephens both could be good. Only time will tell. Jones has the ability and looks good on some plays and then he gets blown into the backfield in 1 second or totally whiffs on someone.
Agree on stephens. Gotta get him back 100%.

Context always matters. 10 wins but none were impressive in any way especially considering the competition. Also I'm firmly on the side of it was a shit call but in the record books it goes down as a loss.
Darn right Minnesota goes down a loss. Just as 10 of the games went down as wins.

The ultimate way a football team gets judged is by it's record. There are no footnotes in the W/L column. Here context means nothing.

If you can't find a way to be impressed with some of these wins you live in a very dark place. Winning 3 trophy games on the road is beyond impressive. The road win at NW was certainly impressive. Dominating Rutgers. But theses are all qualifications based upon my opinion; so none of it matters. 10-4 is all that matters.

Week after week so many fans imposed their opinion that Iowa was going to lose on Saturday. Then, after Iowa would win, many of these same fans would tell you it was because Iowa's opponent wasn't any good. Y'all are morbid

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
Mason Richman is the worst offensive lineman I have ever seen in an Iowa uniform and it isn't close. If he is a starter next year it will be more of the same for our offense.

Brown literally drops more passes than he catches. I hope he is wr4 or 5 next year.

When you have 1 of the worst offenses in college football for 3 years in a row you can't keep plugging in the same guys and expect different results.
I kid you not, there have been people on here saying he would leave early for the NFL when he was a freshman. 🙄

The Iowa offense is the exception to the rule that having many returning players on the two-deeps is a positive.

There are any number of teams in FBS that if Iowa could swap offenses wholesale, including the OC and O-line coach, it would be a huge upgrade. Actually, some FCS teams as well.

Darn right Minnesota goes down a loss. Just as 10 of the games went down as wins.

The ultimate way a football team gets judged is by it's record. There are no footnotes in the W/L column. Here context means nothing.

If you can't find a way to be impressed with some of these wins you live in a very dark place. Winning 3 trophy games on the road is beyond impressive. Road wins at Wiscy and NW were certainly impressive. Dominating Rutgers. But theses are all qualifications based upon my opinion; so none of it matters. 10-4 is all that matters.

Week after week so many fans imposed their opinion that Iowa was going to lose on Saturday. Then, after Iowa would win, many of these same fans would tell you it was because Iowa's opponent wasn't any good. Y'all are morbid
K

If you can't find a way to be impressed with some of these wins you live in a very dark place. Winning 3 trophy games on the road is beyond impressive. Road wins at Wiscy and NW were certainly impressive. Dominating Rutgers. But theses are all qualifications based upon my opinion; so none of it matters. 10-4 is all that matters.

That is absolutely, 100% incorrect Sir.

You’re senile for thinking style points aren’t a thing.

We won at ISU, at Wisconsin, at Nebraska and on a neutral field against NW. I consider any road win a good win. We had a solid win against Rutgers at home. Only three Big Teams had better records in 23 than the Hawks, not great but pretty good.

10 wins is 10 wins

But

This was the worst the Big10 has been, at least from what i can remember (sure the 80s and 90s had some horrible teams everywhere). Literally every game Iowa played outside the PSU and UM game were some of the worst offensive football ever.

The big10 is severely lacking in quality QBs, and has for probably a decade. Other than OSU, and Purdue, are there any Big10 starting QBs in the league ?

One reason Purdue gave Iowa fits under Brohm was they had accurate QBs who had no issue nickel and diming Iowa defense. Thats the design of Phil Parker. It works great when every team looks like Spencer Petras. Iowas pass rush was pretty weak this year so the opposing QB play was just bad bad bad.

It’ll be interesting to see what the new teams bring in as far as competent offenses and if they hold up in colder / rainy weather. I think Oregon and Washington will do just fine. Their weather sucks just like the Midwest and East coast during November. USC and UCLA might have a shock

For those of you wanting portal guys to come i think its not going to happen> We are at 88scholarships now w/o Schulte or All announcements. I dont know how we get down to 85 but i dont think we take any portal guys at all.

Reactions: kceasthawk
wouldn’t it be near impossible to block an opponent who knows what play you’re going to run? All the way down to the fine details of who’s pulling, crashing, direction….

There are so many times in a game it looks like the OL has no idea what it’s even trying to do. I can’t believe they didn’t practice the plays all week. Seems like they look lost because the defense had a major advantage

I actually thought in the bowl game the running game would be pretty good. That was their biggest improvement this year, tho they were still poor vs average.

The major issue for this game was playing an opponent who had a pulse on offense. There was no chance of the offense being able to keep up
Sometimes it makes me laugh cuz it reminds me of The Blind Side when the DE just shifts one gap over and all of a sudden Michael Oher just can't comprehend the difficult equation that gets put in front of him, and his brain reverts back to a 1st grade level

We won at ISU, at Wisconsin, at Nebraska and on a neutral field against NW. I consider any road win a good win. We had a solid win against Rutgers at home. Only three Big Teams had better records in 23 than the Hawks, not great but pretty good.
2 of those 3 teams with better records, smoked the Hawks. But hang on to those 10 wins. It was proven 3 times this year Iowa could not beat, or even compete against a team with a pulse.

The defense looks to be solid next year once again. I wonder if All is waiting to announce his decision pending the new OC hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT