ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Chat Anyone?

I hear what you are saying, but Bama is still Bama. They lost on the road in crazy night game environments by a kick at the end of the regulation and a 2 point conversion in overtime. They are still the gold standard and nobody wants to play them. Oregon didn't just get beat 49-3, they were completely out-matched and was not even competitive in any way shape or form. But who knows, it is the CFP, you may be right.
It might go back to the situation of who is the best team via a subjective eyeball test and who has the best resume on paper. Most would pick Alabama or Tennessee to beat TCU or Oregon on a neutral field, no doubt.

It might go back to the situation of who is the best team via a subjective eyeball test and who has the best resume on paper. Most would pick Alabama or Tennessee to beat TCU or Oregon on a neutral field, no doubt.
I would say a lot of $$$$ would be involved too. We can't ever forget the power of money in college football!

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
This.Everyone’s forgotten how bad we looked against teams w a pulse.
Wisky is not gonna be easy , and the rodents won’t lie down for us either.

For the record, nobody laid down us…just like NW didn’t lay down on OSU. They will all be tough and we can lose any of them, but I’ll bet you feel better about it now than you did.

With that said I don’t like the implication nor do I ever look at bowl scenarios until after the final game, so I kind of get what you’re saying but…

Anything but the pinstripe bowl god please! Nightmares from the playing surface against BC few years ago. Double that with the weather being cold, no thanks.

Literally anywhere but there. Even detroit lol
C'mon NYC! The Big Apple!

ROSE BOWL? Isn't this a possibility? Win out, play in the BTC..both OSU and Mich make the CFP..??

Who knows. I just think it's mind blowing how much things have changed in just the span of 3 weeks. Prior to the NW Game we were all thinking will we even WIN Another game, and now not only do we have a great shot at winning the B1G West, most bowl games are still in play. Insanity at its finest.

If TCU and Tenn stay up there then both OSU and Michigan aren't going to the CFP.....

Couldn't it be TCU, Tenn, GA, OSU, Michigan & then 1 other team (LSU, Clemson, etc)? I think if both tOSU and Michigan are Undefeated when they face each other, whomever loses it doesn't automatically knock them out of the CFP. Now if they lost the CCG as WELL, then that's another story.

Winning the Big Ten West would be interesting. It would in all likelihood mean another beatdown against either OSU or Michigan. I don't care who wins the West, the East champs are going to roll over the West champion. The West is just horrible.

Couldn't it be TCU, Tenn, GA, OSU, Michigan & then 1 other team (LSU, Clemson, etc)? I think if both tOSU and Michigan are Undefeated when they face each other, whomever loses it doesn't automatically knock them out of the CFP. Now if they lost the CCG as WELL, then that's another story.
There are only 4 teams in the CFP. At this point assuming that they win out, the most likely scenario would be Georgia, Tenn, TCU, and the winner of "the Game" thanksgiving weekend between OSU and M. The loser would be out at that point. And frankly the east champ isn't losing the CCG unless some miracle happens.....Now if TCU or Tenn stumble, then yes the loser of "the Game" is in the hunt most definetly....

TCU is mucking things up. The 4 best teams in the country are GA, TN, Mich & OSU, but one of them will be left out of the CFP unless TCU drops one of their last 3, and I'm pretty sure it would end up being the Mich-OSU loser. No way TN gets left out with that strength of schedule (not to mention history of SEC success). The only way I see only 1 team in the CFP from the SEC is if LSU wins the SECCG and the Mich-OSU game is razor-thin, and that might still not be enough to knock either GA or TN out.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Winning the Big Ten West would be interesting. It would in all likelihood mean another beatdown against either OSU or Michigan. I don't care who wins the West, the East champs are going to roll over the West champion. The West is just horrible.
Frankly I think we COULD hang with Michigan if a few things went our way, but I wouldn't put any $$ on it.....

TCU is mucking things up. The 4 best teams in the country are GA, TN, Mich & OSU, but one of them will be left out of the CFP unless TCU drops one of their last 3, and I'm pretty sure it would end up being the Mich-OSU loser. No way TN gets left out with that strength of schedule (not to mention history of SEC success). The only way I see only 1 team in the CFP from the SEC is if LSU wins the SECCG and the Mich-OSU game is razor-thin, and that might still not be enough to knock either GA or TN out.
Kind of like Iowa vs MSU in 2015. Neither were a top 4 team, and yet.......

I think the Music City Bowl will make sure that they don't get screwed out of getting a game with Iowa again. Citrus won't take Iowa twice in a row, and Iowa fans didn't travel quite as well to Tampa last time, so I think the Outback/Reliaquest will pass them over this time, maybe for Wisky or Purdue. Considering how the season was looking just a month or so ago, that would be a fine destination against a solid SEC opponent.

Frankly I think we COULD hang with Michigan if a few things went our way, but I wouldn't put any $$ on it.....

I am with you on hanging with MIch as the hawks really did it the last game this year against MIch. Mich only had 20 points after about 59 minutes until the late TD when the hawks had to blitz everyone.

If the hawk offense that day had of squeezed out another TD or FG by the end of the 3rd qtr that is a whole different game.

And as we all know, the hawks did have that chance to score with about 5 minutes to go.

So I think the hawks would love to play Mich again.

Reactions: AlvySinger
Yes, and Iowa was # 5 iirc, had to be at 12-0, so Iowa was in the CFP if they would have won.

Yeppers... they even called it a "Play-In" Game for the CFP that year, which even if we would have won, most likely we would have met an untimely end thanks to Alabama, but it would have just been nice to be at the dance.

THIS year I don't think anyone would be upset if we ended up in Nashville. Considering how the season started, it would be a fantastic way to end it, plus we'd get a middle of the road SEC team (or Alabama LOL not gonna happen), that we should be very competitive against and could actually beat provided the Offense shows up.

I was at the Cap One game in January and I KNEW the moment UK took the lead we were done, and that it'd be a Petras INT that would cap it off, and like clockwork, he delivered. Bummer considering last time I went to the Cap One Bowl (Thanks to my Military Discount) the ending was quite different (Tate/Holloway Legends).

If it is Na$hville you better save some money from Xmas .Everything on Broadway is $$$$

If it is Na$hville you better save some money from Xmas .Everything on Broadway is $$$$
Yep, My sister and her husband were in Nashville last year. I can't remember the name of the bar but, they each had a beer, an appetizer, and a burger. The bill was $93. They did enjoy their time there.

MSU was CFP #4 that game.
Obviously. My point was that quite likely neither was ACTUALLY worthy of being ranked in the top 4, like TCU probably right now, and yet the winner if the BIG CCG was getting in the playoff.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT